Archived Orientation & Vacation Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have orientation soon, but I have a few questions.

1. When I was called I was told it would be a Just In Time Fulfillment position, but my offer says it's a Ship from Store position. From my understanding, they have the same duties. Are they the same thing just worded differently? I know JIT means it's seasonal.

2. I have a vacation that may or may not happen in January. It's not set in stone. I didn't mention it during my interview because I didn't want to jeopardize getting the job with a vacation that might not happen. Is it something I should mention during orientation? Will that mess up the opportunity to get hired as a permanent employee? I'm really on the fence about it because it might not happen in January, it may happen later. My priority right now is keeping the job!

Thank you! :)

THey usually ask you in the interview / job offer process if you have any days off you will need within the next 90 Days I️ believe

Unfortunately this interviewer didn't ask about time off, so it never occurred to me to mention it. :/

Yes, just in time is the same as ship from store. Its a temporary position in ship from store where you are primarily packing.

Unfortunately this interviewer didn't ask about time off, so it never occurred to me to mention it. :/

To be honest just in time is an 8 week maximum position. Unless hired into a regular position.It's even shorter than other seasonal positions so there is a chance it may not matter if you need time off in January.

Generally though taking vacation in January is fine since SFS goes way down in volume and there wont be hours for you next month. Let your ETL LOG know asap. Dont be assuming, we have a seasonal who told us about their vacations in February and March and our stl whispered to me "she won't even be here in january"

"If I happen to be retained, I will be in such and such place next month, wanted to run it by you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back