Archived Our Store Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporate comes here looking for people violating company policy by sharing store info on a public site. Your store number gets them one step closer to you

Corporate comes here looking for people violating company policy by sharing store info on a public site. Your store number gets them one step closer to you
They already know about us and our efforts, I think we'll be alright.

I believe this site would prefer you not use your store number. I’m not sure how to tag an admin or I would

Thanks a lot great idea and great newsletter
Thanks! Yeah I think a worker newsletter would be great for any job, it's a good way to prompt discussion between coworkers and have a platform for them to speak when they might not otherwise have the opportunity to do so.

Looks like you're just using Target TMs as a guise to promote your ulterior motive. Ironically, you're talking about exploited workers by exploiting them.
What ulterior motive is that? And who's being exploited and how exactly?

Hope you can make it scheduled one day a week.
Thing is if my hours are cut back due to discrimination that's considered retaliation. I'm more than happy to slap another charge on Target corp for this.

Last edited:
We ask people stay anonymous because there have been situation where TMs have had problems in their own stores when they were outed.
We would feel bad if someone lost their job because of this board hence the policy.
I'm pretty sure the only thing Spot care about people who are organizing and they know all about NRV.
Anyone who flat doesn't care, more power to them.

We ask people stay anonymous because there have been situation where TMs have had problems in their own stores when they were outed.
We would feel bad if someone lost their job because of this board hence the policy.
I'm pretty sure the only thing Spot care about people who are organizing and they know all about NRV.
Anyone who flat doesn't care, more power to them.
I totally respect others' wishes to remain anonymous, but there are legal protections afforded to workers so that if they were retaliated against by Target for expressing their opinions on social media the corporation can be held accountable for that (it's actually illegal for corporations to spy on their workers) It's a bit sad to be honest that workers have to live in fear of reprisals for expressing their opinions. It goes to show how democracy is limited in the workplace.

What ulterior motive is that? And who's being exploited and how exactly?
Your ulterior motive is posting propaganda, your 'cover' is a newsletter with a tidbit of info on a couple of TMs. TBH, this thread should be in the 'Off the Clock Chatter' section because, besides the couple TMs in your post that have nothing to do with anything, your post is not specific to Target in any way.

You're using (exploiting) the Target TMs in your 'newsletter' because, without them, you wouldn't be able to post that at Target.

Your ulterior motive is posting propaganda, your 'cover' is a newsletter with a tidbit of info on a couple of TMs. TBH, this thread should be in the 'Off the Clock Chatter' section because, besides the couple TMs in your post that have nothing to do with anything, your post is not specific to Target in any way.

You're using (exploiting) the Target TMs in your 'newsletter' because, without them, you wouldn't be able to post that at Target.
You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact these coworkers actively participate in the production and distribution of our store newsletter. And trying to portray them as "victims" disrespects their agency in choosing to collaborate on these efforts. It seems you more so have an ideological disagreement with our efforts.

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact these coworkers actively participate in the production and distribution of our store newsletter. And trying to portray them as "victims" disrespects their agency in choosing to collaborate on these efforts. It seems you more so have an ideological disagreement with our efforts.
TMs who are part of your propaganda scheme are using themselves as cover to distribute your 'newsletter,' nice, that's ethical.

I am very much for fixing the uneven distribution of wealth, and everything associated with that, in this country. I do, however, fully disagree with the platform you are using to distribute your propaganda.

TMs who are part of your propaganda scheme are using themselves as cover to distribute your 'newsletter,' nice, that's ethical.

I am very much for fixing the uneven distribution of wealth, and everything associated with that, in this country. I do, however, fully disagree with the platform you are using to distribute your propaganda.

As do most of the team members in the store. More than one store was effected because of them. However the keep bringing up the same things when people tell them they don’t want this in our store.

So Target Corp's propaganda is ok, but us coworkers talking about economic issues is insidious? You make it seem like we are the only ones with an agenda here. But it still hasn't been made clear what you think our agenda is, it's pretty straight forward where we are coming from and what we would like. Do you think it's wrong for workers to be talking about these issues?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back