Archived Overhead music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to patent my invention of music-specific noise cancellation headphones. You'd set them to be able to block out frequencies of certain songs including but not limited to Let it Go, Love with your Body, 7 Years Old, Waterloo by Abba, Good Morning Beautiful, the Mario Kart and Star theme, and of course, Three Dings in a Row. Sure, the headphones would be large and obnoxious, but not nearly as annoying as having to hear the same couple of songs 50+ times a day. I'd also sell a Christmas version as well.

Holy shit I despise Waterloo fuck that song.

The rest of ABBA is good

Oh gosh, I can already envision having to literally yell into the walkie to be heard.

On the other hand it might make the people who key their radios from their belt and no one can hear them take the radio off the belt and use it correctly. The endless "Could you repeat that?" from everyone doesn't seem to sink in that no one can hear them properly.

On the other hand it might make the people who key their radios from their belt and no one can hear them take the radio off the belt and use it correctly. The endless "Could you repeat that?" from everyone doesn't seem to sink in that no one can hear them properly.
We have an ETL that constantly screams at an obnoxiously high octave that even guests cringe. I would like to say it's due to the oooontz-oooontz-oooontz music but alas ......

I wouldn't mind. When I worked at subway, there was an overhead radio always playing. The station was really great. It played a bunch of 90's alternative music hits and stuff, and some modern hits. It was always like alternative music and pop.

I just hope if my store ever gets it we don't get a radio station that focuses solely on crappy modern day hip hop/rap stuff. I mean, I get it, it's the popular thing, but meh.

I was at another spot that was remodeled recently. It had background music & most of the red walls were painted gray, kind interesting.

When they applied the first coat I thought it was primer to go over the drywall.
Nope, grey is the new khaki.
And where it's not grey, it's red. Blood red.
Not pleasant at all.

honestly maybe it's a diff grey but i love the AA2.0 grey in my store. so much better than the ugly red... makes it modern, i wish it more of the store

There is a Target that has their signage in black with white lettering. Been wondering if this is a new trend.....

regarding the music....is it loud or more of a soft background sound?

With all the things Target has to do, why are they spending money on music?

There is a Target that has their signage in black with white lettering. Been wondering if this is a new trend.....

Blaring loud. We have negative yelp reviews about the music.

Maybe the negative reviews will stop the madness......oops...music....soon!!

Our signage was changed a few months back to what you described: the red went away and frankly, it's more noticeable now. So much red in the store the signs just blended in. Now when y0u walk the aisle you notice them.

I've always said our music was not loud at all. The other night I went upstairs (multi-level format) and was greeted with blaring pseudo-club music. I couldn't push that reshop fast enough. Egads ... to have to deal with Cher-BahleeeeeeeeevInLyyfeAfterLuuuuuhhhvvvvv-MixedWith-Bieber-GurrrlYuuurMuuyyOnnneLuuuuvvv oooontzoooontzoooontz my head ached after just 5 minutes.

We have the ooontz-ooontz-ooontz super-horrid club remixes on 24/7. Occasionally they'll jump in and play a bit of 70's but somehow they still manage to screw up the mix. I mean, autotune the BeeGee's? Reeeeally?? No commercials though. Just that constant incessant ooontz-ooontz-ooontz. I usually walk through going all boots-n-pants-n-boots-n-pants-n-boots-n-pants .......

What signage? All of it?

I know the CECS in pets/paper/chem/market are black. That's about it for my store.

Look if they start music in my store and they start playing the fucking shitty music they play in electronics I will quit.

I don't need to hear Zara Larsson's shitty song, Katy Perry's new music, that fucking annoying-ass Lorde song, the song where Harry Styles flies in a field on a shitty green-screen, a song that makes me hate Imagine Dragons even more than I did after Radioactive, and that's all I can remember.

And yes that is the link to each of the songs I know each of them now and I hate them

oath2order: the signage is for all of the hanging signs that show the department. i.e. "Activewear" or "Kitchen" they have the white background and then the department words are on a black square with the department name in white.

@Oath, I knew each song before I even clicked on it. Yikes.

Yup ... that's me when on flow / in the wave knocking through chem. Sounded like the store when I was in tonight grabbing a few things. Couldn't resist doing a little "bootsnpantsnbootsnpants" while walking the aisle. Guests just stared at me.

oath2order: the signage is for all of the hanging signs that show the department. i.e. "Activewear" or "Kitchen" they have the white background and then the department words are on a black square with the department name in white.

No red at all? Weird.

I would think they will play music for their base. Pretty much like GAP. And it will be on a loop so you will hear certain songs multiple times a day. And you know their will be commercials for Red Cards every 15 minutes at least

We are halfway through our remodel and so far no music. Not sure if it will start once it is complete or if it is up to the district if they want to add tunes.

I've been in several stores with the "new" music - we've had it for several years. Yes, they play music for the particular demographics / vibe of the area but I've yet to hear once single commercial or announcement which is nice and there has never been a noticeable loop which also is quite good. Simply, pure background music. Of course, many stores are moving away from announcement breaks.

Last night around 2am the Target DJ must have fallen to sleep as they began playing non-mixed 80's big hair rock. Loved it. Then 80's punk techno. Was rockin' awa with it while I worked - we all were. Then ... sadly ... oooontzoooontzoooontz came pummeling through the ceiling once again this time with a noticeable increase in bass. ugh. You then heard us all going "heyyyy! dammmmit!". Yeah. Music. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back