Archived Pay grade base adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
Can the base for a pay grade be adjusted downwards? I know they won’t reduce someone’s pay but can they reduce the starting pay for a given paygrade? For example, minimum TM pay was $x, PG45 pay was x+7.50 wondering if that would have gone down with the last base bump, or if it would have stayed the same or if it could have gone up. Wondering what may happen when the base goes up again in June.

The pay treads are getting up there with modernization...sorry no offense.

Haven’t seen this question discussed much, as it’s seemingly an uncommon or little known/talked about circumstance I’m describing. A question I’m sure some other leaders here either may have or didn’t know they should be thinking about, that someone here in HR may have an answer to. Unlike the minimum wage bumps that are pretty straightforward every time, the accompanying TL bumps have been less transparent and predictable.

Can the base for a pay grade be adjusted downwards? I know they won’t reduce someone’s pay but can they reduce the starting pay for a given paygrade? For example, minimum TM pay was $x, PG45 pay was x+7.50 wondering if that would have gone down with the last base bump, or if it would have stayed the same or if it could have gone up. Wondering what may happen when the base goes up again in June.
I think it stays the same and that’s why they kept the same pg35 and pg45 when combining instead of creating two new pay grades.

Yes, it could be reduced, although that has never happened.

On a very related note (but not exactly the same), the elimination of PG30 will have the effect of lowering the pay for all pay grades, in a certain sense.

Right now, PG45 is 5.75 over the base (PG30), but only 5.25 above PG35. If the new base goes from 12 to 13 at the same time (or after) PG30 is eliminated, then PG35 will go from 12.50 to 13, meaning PG45 will go from 17.75 to 18.25.

In summary, the increase from 12 to 13 is only $.50 for a lot of people.

Can the base for a pay grade be adjusted downwards? I know they won’t reduce someone’s pay but can they reduce the starting pay for a given paygrade?

They probably can but it is extremely unlikely to happen because reducing starting pay makes Target less competitive during hiring time. Usually, either starting pay stays the same or it goes up in order to compete with other places who pay similar or more.

Last edited:
Yes, it could be reduced, although that has never happened.

On a very related note (but not exactly the same), the elimination of PG30 will have the effect of lowering the pay for all pay grades, in a certain sense.

Right now, PG45 is 5.75 over the base (PG30), but only 5.25 above PG35. If the new base goes from 12 to 13 at the same time (or after) PG30 is eliminated, then PG35 will go from 12.50 to 13, meaning PG45 will go from 17.75 to 18.25.

In summary, the increase from 12 to 13 is only $.50 for a lot of people.
M

So confused lol asked STL and he says likely the pay grade for PG45 will now drop to $17, $1 more than PG40. Just going to wait it out a couple of months and see if the paycheck changes bc I’ve gotten 3 different answers from 1 STL and 2 ETL HRs

Just because no body knows and everyone’s making their guesses. The official PG 45 minimum hasn’t been released yet and likely won’t until it becomes active and you’ll see it in your paycheck

3 stories, all a little different but final answer was when the minimum is released, changed or not, we’ll all be told where we are regarding pay.
Ok with waiting, just seems like it should have been the first answer rather than “idk.”

So when will the new Paygrade changes ...pg40 to pg45 go into effect? And when it does will that bump TLs up to 17 whatever pg45 min is... Because at the moment reviews just show 3.5% increase that doesn't put near 17??!!!

So when will the new Paygrade changes ...pg40 to pg45 go into effect? And when it does will that bump TLs up to 17 whatever pg45 min is... Because at the moment reviews just show 3.5% increase that doesn't put near 17??!!!
3.5% is a DIO. If you look on workday you’ll see under the compensation tab, that there’s a new line for this recent merit pay increase. Interestingly, you’ll see it expires 5/25. That’s in line with all the new job codes being ready in the system in May, with end of May being the deadline to have everyone keyed in and switched over. Also coincides with TMs base pay increase taking effect one week later.

I thought that deadline to deliver them was a day or two ago I'm not 100% sure. Ask you ETL HR ASAP. Either way check your paystub if you get payed this week it would probably be on there already. I know team members reviews start soon not sure exact dates
TM reviews are supposed to start around the 20th

More to come I believe means more to come on base pay increase they are keeping everyone in the dark. I've been told there is no base increase when you go to PG45 from a pg40
People will literally fucking quit over this.

TLs need a base pay increase and additional training if we’re now taking the place of LODs. At my store no one is supposed to say LOD. TLs take all calls. They haven’t decided what to do about call outs so for now they just transfer those calls to an ETL by calling them by name.

PG45 here. Submitted my self review in JANUARY. Still haven’t had a one-on-one.

PG45 here. Submitted my self review in JANUARY. Still haven’t had a one-on-one.
They’re not due until end of next week I believe. The earliest they could have been done was last week as that’s when pay statements for PG 40/45 were viewable

So they can hire a bunch of new TLs at the higher base? Lol probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back