Archived PDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team leads at my store barely document any team members when it comes to loafing, etc. I was wondering if other team leads document a lot. Also, when documenting a team member do you go into detail or keep it short and simple?

The team leads at my store barely document any team members when it comes to loafing, etc. I was wondering if other team leads document a lot. Also, when documenting a team member do you go into detail or keep it short and simple?

ASANTS. Some of our leads do and some never do. It should be detailed but very factual. Who what when where how. Not your opinion, feelings or emotions.

Coachings and Correctives can be subpoenaed so it should be treated as a legal document.

Occasionally when you fire someone you have to turn them into Target Legal and/or Unemployment. So make sure you are having your ETL/SR HR look over them.

I document a lot. If you do your PDDs as you should, you will have less issues with problem performers, especially if you note to them that you're documenting lates and whatnot. Leads that do not PDD are way more likely to have issues with loafing, etc. A TM's work habits are only as bad as a team leader will allow them to be.

The easiest ones to do are for attendance. Some TMs will literally late themselves out of a job, it's incredible.

I document a lot. If you do your PDDs as you should, you will have less issues with problem performers, especially if you note to them that you're documenting lates and whatnot. Leads that do not PDD are way more likely to have issues with loafing, etc. A TM's work habits are only as bad as a team leader will allow them to be.

The easiest ones to do are for attendance. Some TMs will literally late themselves out of a job, it's incredible.
What’s loafing?
Ok just googled it. How would you document it? Like jeff was standing arround chating from 5:56 pm to 6:05 pm?

What’s loafing?
Ok just googled it. How would you document it? Like jeff was standing arround chating from 5:56 pm to 6:05 pm?

"Jeff I observed you talking to a fitting room team member when you were supposed to be in electronics. The expectation is that when you are on the clock you will complete your daily task in electronics and service our guest." I discussed with you that you need to stay at the boat unless you are going to break or to assist a guest."

Something along those lines

Isn't loafing automatically a CA or is that up to your discretion?

Had a TM who always took long breaks. Finally one day I tracked the time he went to break and he took a 25 minute break, put him on a CA for loafing.

Had a TM who always took long breaks. Finally one day I tracked the time he went to break and he took a 25 minute break, put him on a CA for loafing.
pretty sure it's automatic. It's stealing company time.

pretty sure it's automatic. It's stealing company time.

It depends on the severity. You can get one for not answering a call box but that's generally a coaching much different than taking a ridiculously long break or being on your phone during your shift. Those are generally correctives if the leader is willing to document it.

I've always done PDD first as a coaching, then CCA. Subsequents are CCAs automatically. Have a dude that seems to disappear for long stretches of time, have to really keep eyes on him to prove it's loafing. He's on final now, though. Should be gone soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back