Archived Peter Pilotto collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the ads for it.
I was wondering if this is going to be a 'disappears in ten minutes' or 'everybody goes meh'.
From that article (buzzfeed notwithstanding) it looks like it could be a DITM.

Everybody ready for the crazies?
Signing ninjas got the signs out?
Softlines got everything ready to go?

It was in our truck this morning ,it is fugly! We wondered if peter had been smoking something when he designed that line!!!
One of the shirts looked like a mix between a football jersey and a bowling shirt ,while other pieces looked like vintage 1950's ...

Mixed feelings on this...would like this to sell out quickly so we don't sit on top of merchandise that goes clearance.

On the other hand, I don't want it to be like the Missoni launch, where we spent all that time putting up backer paper, signing, etc. only to have it sell out within the first 10 minutes, and take everything down.

My store was unprepared for that launch and we were still stocking after 8, and had to give the product to the people as we were unboxing it. Nothing like a crowd around you clamoring to go faster and asking if they can help you get the product out of the boxes...

Last edited:
I saw the ads for it.
I was wondering if this is going to be a 'disappears in ten minutes' or 'everybody goes meh'.

I guess it's a good thing I don't work again until Wednesday. I despise launches.

I saw the ads for it.

Kind of like the Nate Berkus crap, eh?

Meh. Nothing for men that I see :/

Some lady asked about it tonight... I had no clue what she was talking about. I live in a fashion cave.....

I just wish they would have more collections that included guys. I have quite a few Phillip Lim items that I love.
I saw the table topper and for some reason only saw that the designers were dudes. I totally thought that this was a guys line. Not sure what I was thinking!

I just wish they would have more collections that included guys. I have quite a few Phillip Lim items that I love.

True that! I remember the feed stuff and I saw one of the Feed backpacks that was in the women's accessories. I liked it, then I saw the men's over the shoulder ones, which I just had to get. It was definitely worth the money

I saw some of it in the backroom. Some of it's really fun and cute, but I think it may be too loud for the people who shop my store. We get a bunch of ebayers, though. I haven't seen much buzz on twitter. For Lim, me and a bunch of friends and bloggers and such that I follow were trying to get online between midnight and two to get stuff. I haven't seen any of that sort of anticipation for Pilotto, but I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow night. I was gonna go to work early (I'm scheduled an hour after open) to see what it was like for one of these designer opens. So far, I've only worked late on designer days when everything's been picked over.

On the men's stuff, I wish they'd done the Lim sneakers in smaller sizes! I get my menswear-inspired look on sometimes (just bought some mossi khaki chinos that have a cartwheel coupon for $5 off, btw) and I was soo disappointed there were no 6s. Also disappointed the target style twitter wouldn't tell me that before they went live. I stayed up for them... and a purse.

Saw it in the backroom the other day. It looks horrible. Maybe the swimsuits will sell but the clothes look ugly.

I've worked all of the GM trucks the past 2 weeks and we didn't get any of it. Are all of the stores supposed to receive it?

I've worked all of the GM trucks the past 2 weeks and we didn't get any of it. Are all of the stores supposed to receive it?

As far as I know.
If you haven't got it, whoever the ETL is handling Softlines is shitting a brick right now.

As far as I know.
If you haven't got it, whoever the ETL is handling Softlines is shitting a brick right now.

The ads for it say "select" Target stores, so I don't think it's in every store.

Correct. The softlines VA has a list of all the stores that will NOT be receiving the Peter Pilotto collection. It's about half a page long.

So, people were interested enough to try a tonnn of things on, but nothing's really selling except, one of the pairs of sunglasses sold out, some of the sneakers are gone, that dress at the top of the buzzfeed piece is gone, and the dress I wanted is gone.

There's a cropped swim top that's so cute and the right amount of covered for me to feel comfortable in it, but I don't go to the beach enough to justify the purchase (it was $25, but I'm cheap). I've noticed that Target does some similar styles shortly after the designer collections go... and sometimes before (a bunch of the print-heavy xhilaration we have now seems like a toned down pilotto), so I'm hoping they do a cropped swim top.

In conclusion, though, pilotto doesn't seem to be a success. I wonder how it's going at net-a-porter's site.

Update: Decided to just check net-a-porter. They only have 7 items left. I clicked on one thing and all but two sizes were sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:

As far as I know.

The ads for it say "select" Target stores, so I don't think it's in every store.

Correct. The softlines VA has a list of all the stores that will NOT be receiving the Peter Pilotto collection. It's about half a page long.

I stand corrected.

I hopped on a lane this morning and had a guest come through with about $350 worth of that stuff. I didn't even connect it until I went on break and saw the table topper and thought to myself "oh yeah, that's all that ugly kaleidoscope stuff that guest was buying"

I hopped on a lane this morning and had a guest come through with about $350 worth of that stuff. I didn't even connect it until I went on break and saw the table topper and thought to myself "oh yeah, that's all that ugly kaleidoscope stuff that guest was buying"

And are gonna sell on ebay for at least 2x the price.

Same. I mean, during the neiman marcus collection, it'd would have been nice to see stuff, I'd actually buy :p

75% Final Clearance, was tempting though.

Same. I mean, during the neiman marcus collection, it'd would have been nice to see stuff, I'd actually buy :p

75% Final Clearance, was tempting though.

After I got my bar cart, I was looking into the gold cocktail shaker and glasses that went 70%... They're selling on ebay for $70+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back