Archived POG Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedislife

Flow TM
Hey all, recently I have been working with Plano and we just got a new TL who doesn't always map out the locations for POGs assigned. So my question is how do I locate where the POGs go when they aren't marked or already pre-tied? :confused:

Our old TL would mark the cover sheets with there location every time. Now when I get a stack of salesplanners or transition packets I occasionally get a few without a location.

I can't ask him myself as he's on vacation currently. Our ETL is also on a different schedule than us as well, closing shifts.

A lot of salesplans are permanent and just get reset in the same place everytime, but for most of them just look at the pog label that "should" be located at the bottom right of every endcap. It gets printed whenever you print labels for a pog and shows you the date that the endcap should be taken down. As long as you are putting the salesplan in the right department it doesn't really matter where it goes.
For transitions, your tl/etl should have received a yellow map that shows where every pog in the set should be placed so check their desk/mailbox for them.

Ah, I always love getting a stack of salesplanners and no one in leadership maps them out.

Also, some salesplanners will say front e/c or back e/c. This is not a hard and fast one though. Just a general guide.

Salesplanners give the location in the description. If you check the department adjacency each non-POG endcap has a designated two-digit number you can use to match the salesplanner to the location. Alternatively, you can also just find the number on the pre-existing POG header and match it with what you intend to set. Then the "F" and "B" parts of the description are short for "Front" and "Back". For instance, this week there are salesplanners in electronics named "01F Beats" and something like "04B Waterproof Cam". 01F and 04B are certain endcaps according to the adjacency.

Target studies how guests move through stores so they have the locations mapped out on your adjacency in a certain way so as guests are walking through your store they should see certain end caps first. Those tend to be the end caps that really pop out at you and have special signing.

Last edited:
At some point best practice was updated again and you are no longer supposed to strictly follow the endcap designations. Target wants you to place the salesplanners as close as possible to the inline product or where the product would make sense.

I don't see why Target can't just have every transition and SPL pre-tied in the system to eliminate the time wasted mapping out SPLs and planograms. And if for some reason a POG has the wrong pre-tie or you want to put the SPL somewhere else, then just change the tie.

This would also help with flexing out new transition items in MPG aisles before it sets, because you would no exactly where it eventually belongs.

At some point best practice was updated again and you are no longer supposed to strictly follow the endcap designations. Target wants you to place the salesplanners as close as possible to the inline product or where the product would make sense.
I love how often the locations do not make sense. I had one a few weeks ago that was just a retie for B. sand toys that was in a great spot already (back end cap of the water and sand toys aisle), but it wanted it moved 10 aisles up the E block to the last end cap in sporting goods. Admittedly, they would have gotten better visibility to those in seasonal shopping for plastic pools, but there was still no way I was going to waste time moving all of that product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back