Archived POG & Sales Planners

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
How many stores have transitioned to this? I was told that my store would not roll this out in September as planned. That it would be until after Christmas. I think its just a cop-out so that plano does not have to do them.

I think you might need to be more specific. All stores do POGs and salesplanners on a regular basis. To which ones are you referring?

Are you referring to the planogram team now owning both POGs and sales planners? My store has been doing this for about 4 months now, and it's really not much different than before. Only difference is our PTL maps and plans everything out instead of the CTL planning out his, hardlines, softlines, etc. We still have the same people who set them, they're just scheduled under plano hours now instead of hardlines. And of course, we're still behind, as always...

At my store, my pog team could not handle it at all.my etl-hl took it back, so the tl's could get back on track.

My last store started this in 2010. The sftl still had to help the weeks many were due, but instead ofgetting 5 built in a day, they could get 20+ built in a day.

At my store the presentation team has always done the salesplanners, at least for the past 3 years. It makes more sense to set endcaps at 4am than have a random hardlines tm doing them in the middle of the day.

i am a pog tl and we have never done sp's. as it is right now we dont get our work done every week because they use our hours for the salesfloor and logistics... i dont care if they add more shit it will get added to the list of stuff that doesnt get done because we are pushing truck, doing smart huddle,reshop and 4x4 everyday for over 3 hours a day now. you ask if its a cop-out? then why cant the salefloor and logistics team get their own work done every day???? do people not realize that its a whole team. theres not one team to blame we all have work to do and we work for target so if they want us to set saleplanners or push truck.. just shut up and do it. you get a pay check right?

I think you might need to be more specific. All stores do POGs and salesplanners on a regular basis. To which ones are you referring?

In reference to the plano team taking over the sales plans and softlines adjacencies.

i am a pog tl and we have never done sp's. as it is right now we dont get our work done every week because they use our hours for the salesfloor and logistics... i dont care if they add more shit it will get added to the list of stuff that doesnt get done because we are pushing truck, doing smart huddle,reshop and 4x4 everyday for over 3 hours a day now. you ask if its a cop-out? then why cant the salefloor and logistics team get their own work done every day???? do people not realize that its a whole team. theres not one team to blame we all have work to do and we work for target so if they want us to set saleplanners or push truck.. just shut up and do it. you get a pay check right?

Which 4x4 do you do? For me each area TL is responsible for its areas 4x4. Everyone has to help with abandoned and freight for smart huddle. I am at least one week ahead on my salesplanners. So I do get my job done as well as help logistics run freight for 2 hours, and set salesplanners for other areas.

Seems to me that you are overwhelmed in your position.

Which 4x4 do you do? For me each area TL is responsible for its areas 4x4. Everyone has to help with abandoned and freight for smart huddle. I am at least one week ahead on my salesplanners. So I do get my job done as well as help logistics run freight for 2 hours, and set salesplanners for other areas.

Well as far as the "smart huddles" it can mess with process positions like pog and pc. They get their hours based on workload. So if you get 80 hours for an 80 hour work load but your team has to spend five hours a week doing other stuff gou fall behind.

Well as far as the "smart huddles" it can mess with process positions like pog and pc. They get their hours based on workload. So if you get 80 hours for an 80 hour work load but your team has to spend five hours a week doing other stuff gou fall behind.

True. But salesfloor does not get hours for salesplanners or adjacencies. We just have to work them in. Whether it's 2 or 130 salesplanners. Add on 4x4, PTM, clearance. No work center gets the hours they need. Hard to set salesplanners at 11 am from a checklane.

from 4a - 7a we work pog.. starting at 7 we do "smart huddle" which is either pushing pogs left over from the day before, pushing clearance or ptm, or pushing the truck. from 8 - 9:30/9:45 we do 4x4. each day of the week its a different area. Monday we do "A" and infant gondolas. Tuesday we do consumables, Wednesday we do soft lines, Thursday we do B, C and D and Friday we do E and F. was supposed to be a 1 hour thing but has grown and grown. ON top of all of that my STL continually "steals" hours from the pog team. anywhere from 40 - once it was 160 hours. Now dont gt me wrong my STL and ETL never hassle me about not getting done and I keep very detailed notes and print out my hours and ADJ. Cal so if they try to coach me (and they have) I have the proof.

Not sure why your STL has plano pushing clearance, ptm, and 4x4. For my store each area is responsible for their own respective areas. That seems to be the root of your problems. I do all that. That is why I question why plano isn't taking over the salesplanners like they are supposed to. If I had someone else to push my PTM and clearance and do my 4x4 I'd have all sorts of time to set new salesplanners.

Smart huddles are usually trailer push and maybe abandon. Once in a blue moon plano gets help with fillback. Last time we did that was with back to school.

Last edited:
I asked my etl log about the 4x4 "stealing" hours from my work center ie if I am spending an hour per shift doing 4x4 that's 5 hours a week....I am not doing back room tasks. She informed me that the 4x4 was going no where and all work centers would be doing it .....and they wonder why things aren't getting done

The payroll required to set the sales planners on the weekly transition guide would be allocated to Plano instead of salesfloor, resulting in less salesfloor coverage. My last store did this and all the tls did was zone, help guests, work pulls, and respond to backups. This was way before the cutbacks so we had more chiefs and less Indians at the time.

The payroll required to set the sales planners on the weekly transition guide would be allocated to Plano instead of salesfloor, resulting in less salesfloor coverage. My last store did this and all the tls did was zone, help guests, work pulls, and respond to backups. This was way before the cutbacks so we had more chiefs and less Indians at the time.

Salesfloor does not get any hours for salesplanners in my store. So there is no hours to give to plano. The last time I had 138 salesplans, the adjacency calendar called for 114 hours. All of HL for the entire week got 260 hours total. That provided for very slim coverage.

i know how its supposed to work. ive been with target over 10 years but he fact of the matter is.. if there wasnt a pricing or plano team there wouldnt be anyone to do smart huddle and 4 x 4... often times my etl asks me if I want to work overnight for large set and I tell him theres no point because we end up doing reshop, zoning and pushing clearance all night anyways.

Ive gotten to the point where i just dont care. i give my 100% i try to get things done and I make good plans but overall i had to separate my feelings and my job because I was heading towards either a mental breakdown or a heart attack from all the damn stress. tm's ask me all the time how they are supposed to get stuff done and I just tell me.. try your best and get what you can done.

Why aren't your stores team leads responsible for the 4x4 for their area?

I've been around almost twice what you have. I've forgotten more about this job than what most new ETL's currently know. Believe me, I too know how things are *supposed* to work.

Not sure why your STL has plano pushing clearance, ptm, and 4x4. For my store each area is responsible for their own respective areas. That seems to be the root of your problems. I do all that. That is why I question why plano isn't taking over the salesplanners like they are supposed to. If I had someone else to push my PTM and clearance and do my 4x4 I'd have all sorts of time to set new salesplanners.

Smart huddles are usually trailer push and maybe abandon. Once in a blue moon plano gets help with fillback. Last time we did that was with back to school.

Yeah same at my store (smart huddles). The only time Plano at my store has help with fillback is large seasonal (or mini) sets (which I'm expecting for Halloween in the next few weeks).

I think a few people in this thread's ETLs or STLs need to realize how much POG is giving (and need to back off on pulling them for help in the heavy set weeks!)

everyone in the store from 8-9:30 has to participate with 4x4 (except logistics)ETL's, SFT and AP and even cashiers (we only ever have 1) have to super zone the checklanes and one spot every day. team leads normally dont come in till 8. salesfloor comes in at 8 etc.. ALSO Rhett what you said about the salesfloor not getting hours for salesplanners is correct in my store too... they dont get anything extra and can barely get them done week to week cause we are so busy, my STL said on the overhead today about how we are getting behind and thanked my team .. so he knows its ok... we will make it up.

We've converted and now salesfloor hours get dumped into Plano. Supposedly the salesfloor was getting hours to complete salesplanners, but it never felt like it. Now about 50-60 hours get put into plano, putting all 3 salesfloor areas at 104 hours(bare minimum to operate).

But, they're getting the work done. As CTL, I still have to look over market salesplanners and organize vendor endcaps, but that's the only thing I deal with now for endcaps.

We've converted and now salesfloor hours get dumped into Plano. Supposedly the salesfloor was getting hours to complete salesplanners, but it never felt like it. Now about 50-60 hours get put into plano, putting all 3 salesfloor areas at 104 hours(bare minimum to operate).

But, they're getting the work done. As CTL, I still have to look over market salesplanners and organize vendor endcaps, but that's the only thing I deal with now for endcaps.

I am a PA and thinking back I have no god damn clue how we ever managed to get all our Sales Planners done, I myself probably set around 70% of them.

Salesfloor does not get any hours for salesplanners in my store. So there is no hours to give to plano. The last time I had 138 salesplans, the adjacency calendar called for 114 hours. All of HL for the entire week got 260 hours total. That provided for very slim coverage.
My Supertarget operates on 160 hours a week. It can be done.

My Supertarget operates on 160 hours a week. It can be done.

For me that 260 includes electronics and the bike builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back