Archived Poll: TPS Uniforms

Which TPS uniform do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesGuy

Deputy Sheriff - Former AP Team Leader
Just wondering where everyone stands on this. Got into a really good conversation with a local Senior TPS that's been around since 2008 about all the changes recently, and uniforms came up.

I remember when they were brown, like the local sheriff's dept.
Def liked the cop-style uni; couldn't see bloodstains on it.
I've never seen a brown TPS uniform. I've also heard of white TPS uniforms, too. Always wanted to see a photo but never could find one!

The polos aren't in keeping with other security companies. I much prefer the old uniform.

I would say reductions in staffing levels, both AP and non-AP, have had a much greater effect on shortage than the uniform change. Yes Target's shortage has increased over the years. But people should understand shortage does not mean just theft.

I think part of the preference to the old style uniform comes from people that aspire to become law enforcement. At the time I was a TPS I had no desire to become a police officer, and still don't to this day. Personally I hate the old uniform and felt like a rent-a-cop.

I've never worn anything other than the blue polos, so I don't know any better. I think I'd feel awkward in a more official uniform, though.

I like the old uniforms simply because aesthetically I think they look better than a stupid Polo shirt. But I think a Polo Shirt is far more practical.

aEYj40G_460s.jpg

I liked the old uniform, the new uniform isn't even red!

twilight-960x720.jpg

The old ones were way to formal for a store like target. Target despite what people seem to think is a discount store. The new uniform is a much better fit

I think that the old uniforms just looked a lot more professional. I believe that TPS was taken more seriously back then. Don't get me wrong, the various cuts and such placed on us now have had a huge impact also, but I feel like that was a part of it. We looked a lot more official, and like we had some authority. Not that you want to be power tripping over everyone, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back