Archived Privacy breach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently left target, and was talking to an ex coworker of mine, who informed me that one of our SL-TL was telling everyone I was fired, and that I called out my last day, crying about how I had to move because me and my bf broke up. I was a little confused by this (especially considering me and my boyfriend are still happily together). When I put in my two weeks with the LOD, I only put "personal" as my reason on the paper. I called out my last day since I had found out a few hours prior to my shift that my sister had been admitted to the hospital for pregnancy complications, and, that my moving truck came a day early. The LOD/ETL i had spoken to, in order to call out, is the only person who knew this. Would this be consider a privacy breach on their end? Since the Lod/etl not only told a team lead (who in turn, told all my team members), that I had been "fired(?)", and my reasons behind leaving/calling out? When I explicitly put personal? If so, what can I do too take action against this?

I guess you could anonymously call the hotline...

It's one of those not worth it scenarios and just move on. They're gonna say what the want if you work there still or not. If you really feel you gotta do something wait till you have your paychecks and everything and then call the hotline but I would just chalk it up to they're gossiping and who cares.

One of the only reasons I'm concerned about this, is because what if a job I'm pursuing calls them to check my work history, and they lie to them? I don't want to risk a future job over some gossiping girls.

One of the only reasons I'm concerned about this, is because what if a job I'm pursuing calls them to check my work history, and they lie to them? I don't want to risk a future job over some gossiping girls.

Potential future employers shouldn't be calling your store; they should call the employment verification hotline, which only confirms when and how long you worked for Spot.

I've recently left target, and was talking to an ex coworker of mine, who informed me that one of our SL-TL was telling everyone I was fired, and that I called out my last day, crying about how I had to move because me and my bf broke up. I was a little confused by this (especially considering me and my boyfriend are still happily together). When I put in my two weeks with the LOD, I only put "personal" as my reason on the paper. I called out my last day since I had found out a few hours prior to my shift that my sister had been admitted to the hospital for pregnancy complications, and, that my moving truck came a day early. The LOD/ETL i had spoken to, in order to call out, is the only person who knew this. Would this be consider a privacy breach on their end? Since the Lod/etl not only told a team lead (who in turn, told all my team members), that I had been "fired(?)", and my reasons behind leaving/calling out? When I explicitly put personal? If so, what can I do too take action against this?
You didn't work your full 2 weeks, so in essence you were termed and non rehirable. But no she shouldn't be running her mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back