Archived Question about bogo coupons and giftcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reshop Ninja

Softlines Dps
Does anyone know if it is against store policy for a guest to use buy one get one free coupons on items that are part of a 'buy x amount and get a gift card for x amount' deal?

Last edited:
Spot actually times these gift card sales to be at the same time the manufactuer coupons drop, in order to draw people in.

Spot actually times these gift card sales to be at the same time the manufactuer coupons drop, in order to draw people in.

Which is dumb, as most of the guests that take advantage of the deals buy only those specific items, they don't come in for those and leave with a cart full of other shit.
But there are plenty of others who do. For every couponer I get a dozen little old ladies who use one coupon or buy an extra bottle of shampoo because of a giftcard deal.

At least they are honest coupons. Target still made the sale and that guest will have to come back in with the coupon to make another purchase

This. If it were a problem, such a restriction would be noted in the coupon policy. If Target is willing to have the gift card offers in the first place, then clearly they're not worried about it.

Yes, they're allowed to do so. Target still makes money on the sale as those coupons are manufacturer coupons, not Target coupons.
Thanks for answering my question. I do have to say it just seems a bit asinine that it is allowed because it's basically allowing quests to circumvent the rules of that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back