Archived Quitting Due to Modernization

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get 30 plus hours a week but after the remodel and the holidays, I'm only getting an average of 20hrs. Considering that Spot took $1/hr away when they moved our start time from 4am to 6am and all of the stuff I'm reading on the forum, I think it just may be time to go. I'm assuming my review is in April sometime, so maybe when they offer me a .10 cent increase I'll respond with a one week notice....

I would first speak to your ETL HR of possibily transferring to a higher volume with Inbound Operations its all about the sales and metrics..

My guess is your work ethic is poop that's why the lack of hours.
Maybe or
An ETL simply doesn't like them- Some of these leaders are straight out of Mean Girls
They don't have the Target"look"- old or overweight?
They ask questions- Target leaders HATE being challenged
The STL pencil whipped the schedule- Most STLs HATE doing the schedule. (STLs are suppose to be doing it by now)
To immediately go to "work ethic is poop" is just rude

I would first speak to your ETL HR of possibily transferring to a higher volume with Inbound Operations its all about the sales and metrics..
I see you saying this a lot, and coming from the highest volume store in my area (B) where people are still not getting very much hours, transferring to a higher volume is not always an option. I'd have to drive at least two and a half hours to find a higher volume than the 3 near me.

Yeah thats like the only option I can think of to stay repetitive with Spot anything else is basically find a different career life. I'm not sure whats with them but I have received the most hours from all the tms in my store and its just for Fulfillment idk if i'm favored or I get things done efficiently only been employed for 1 year something also have benefits.

This is the thinning of the heard season, and I expect it to continue up to Q3 or Q4. Spot is trying to push out TMs for a variety of reasons (under performers, complainers, recalcitrant to change, etc.). They will use every means at their disposal to do it (nitpick performance, attendance, schedule minimum hours, etc.). However, I think after the heard is culled there will be more hours for those that remain. Maybe not as many hours as everyone would like, or could live on independently, but more than are currently being scheduled. If you want DBOs in every area of the store, then the TMs will have to be scheduled enough hours to become experts in their areas.
Don't forget Tms and TLs that are currently the highest paid. Get rid of the TLs that are at $24 and up. Spot thinks that the experience factor is no longer relevant. They can train someone new to do the same thing for much less money even with the wage increase. I have said that my former store started this process last year to get "ahead of it" People were forced out for the reasons you suggested along with age, weight, insurance benefits (orders were, get them under the threshold NOW) Anyone that did not have complete open availability was threatened with 4 hours per week and then a voluntary term request form was shoved in their face. The integrity hotline is complete joke. So you either put up with it, become an accomplice to it, you refuse to participate in it or you promote yourself to guest.

Don't forget Tms and TLs that are currently the highest paid. Get rid of the TLs that are at $24 and up. Spot thinks that the experience factor is no longer relevant. They can train someone new to do the same thing for much less money even with the wage increase. I have said that my former store started this process last year to get "ahead of it" People were forced out for the reasons you suggested along with age, weight, insurance benefits (orders were, get them under the threshold NOW) Anyone that did not have complete open availability was threatened with 4 hours per week and then a voluntary term request form was shoved in their face. The integrity hotline is complete joke. So you either put up with it, become an accomplice to it, you refuse to participate in it or you promote yourself to guest.

The few 'full-time' flow team members we have relied on getting hours for insurance have had their hours reduced dramatically and word is that it's to get them to longer qualifying for benefits. Both have told me they are looking for other jobs. The remaining TMs are being scheduled for 1 or 2 4 hour shift a week. They are seeking jobs elsewhere as well. Target is doing a very good job, at least in my store, driving away TMs that have been there for years.

After so many coachings and PDDs , and one CCA plus the fact that I feel like they’re treating me like trash , and also with hours cut. I’m reducing even more my availability M-F for sure at some point will quit. I don’t like this place anymore. I’m getting more hours at my vendor merchandiser job.

I'm debating on quitting. I personally don't like how my store expects us to just get what modernization is and not take the time to inform us of every single change, especially if you're part of the closing team since nothing gets passed on to us. I personally had to google what the hell they were talking about. The only thing keeping me here at the moment is the fact I need job stability when I move so I'm kinda stuck here for now.

Im thinking of quitting, these mid shifts suck so bad and it’s all I’m getting. Management is filled with a bunch of children who drink Starbucks and talk about other TMs in TSC.
TMs can do whatever they want on there break.

After so many coachings and PDDs , and one CCA plus the fact that I feel like they’re treating me like trash , and also with hours cut. I’m reducing even more my availability M-F for sure at some point will quit. I don’t like this place anymore. I’m getting more hours at my vendor merchandiser job.
So the PDDs and CCA aren’t justified?

Yeah, for those who stick it out though ,there are rewards. Patience is a virtue. In this pussyfied society, every fucking thing that an individual doesnt agree with ,is a great injustice.

What times are you leaving mids ?

I would leave at 8pm or 9pm and I’d be coming in at 11 or 12. It’s terrible for work life balance but great for the store because going forward people are scheduled at “peak times”

Reactions: PJ5
I would leave at 8pm or 9pm and I’d be coming in at 11 or 12. It’s terrible for work life balance but great for the store because going forward people are scheduled at “peak times”
and they don't have to schedule openers and closers anymore, they just give one person a mid (not always, but many times that's the case)

What specifically are the rewards to which you have alluded?
Probably a Kool-aid refill, optical cleaning wipes for the rose colored glasses and the “opportunity” to hang around and be screwed over a while longer before Spot decides that you, too, are expendable and can be replaced by someone cheaper...🤣

Yeah, for those who stick it out though ,there are rewards. Patience is a virtue. In this pussyfied society, every fucking thing that an individual doesnt agree with ,is a great injustice.

I need you to cut back on that koolaid, Mr. LOD

There are a couple of things I personally don't like with the new system, but being able to control my own work center and not having to rely on anyone else makes me look good, so I actually haven't minded modernization all that much.

There are a couple of things I personally don't like with the new system, but being able to control my own work center and not having to rely on anyone else makes me look good, so I actually haven't minded modernization all that much.
This is how I feel!

After April 1 aren't team leads not allowed to do the grunt work anymore? Their job is strictly to lead and ensure jobs get done (but not assist in the actual work itself.)
And butt kiss! The more butt kiss the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back