Archived Quitting Due to Modernization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.
My friend chose Costco. She's making $22 an hour (topped-out now after five years). She's not a manager. They have automatic raises based on hours worked. Sundays are still 1.5 time. She's in a non-union store.
Oh , ok.

Can you work at Target and another company that's U N I O N or is that absolutely haram? Asking for a friend.

Also if you think modernization is a mistake then the best way to get them back is to stick around and keep taking their schmoney. Quitting is playing into their hands, if you quit then they don't have to pay you which is an automatic win for them. If you are extra smooth you can take advantage of the situation to get more hours like I'm doing. My hot take on the whole thing is, if they're going to add 9,000 tasks and no extra time and then end up needing to overspend, then by all the Furies they will be overspending on me!

Not really.
My friend chose Costco. She's making $22 an hour (topped-out now after five years). She's not a manager. They have automatic raises based on hours worked. Sundays are still 1.5 time. She's in a non-union store.
Several of our backroom team members left Spot to go to Costco. One guy went there, let his friends know how much better it was than Target, and the rest followed. Glad they got out and established there before their hours got cut to four per week...

Someone who I work w has a husband who works at a store which also houses our districts offices. She said that the word there is that modernization was designed to be secretive in part to preventing a mass walk out of team members and leaders (upset w the changes.) They are supposed to be keeping people in the dark and having 'confidential' one on ones w team members to an effort to prevent this. Has anyone else heard anything similar? A lot of people have quit already at my store and individual conversations haven't even started yet.

Someone who I work w has a husband who works at a store which also houses our districts offices. She said that the word there is that modernization was designed to be secretive in part to preventing a mass walk out of team members and leaders (upset w the changes.) They are supposed to be keeping people in the dark and having 'confidential' one on ones w team members to an effort to prevent this. Has anyone else heard anything similar? A lot of people have quit already at my store and individual conversations haven't even started yet.

Rumors are not stated facts. Plus those people that quit before it even got harder means one less tm to be performanced out.

The writing is on the wall, so to speak. I'm not walking out yet, but today is updating my resume and starting to job search and network. I'll stay at Target as long as it works for me. But it's retail as everyone likes to parrot, I'm not killing myself and stressing out over it.

They started having 1 on 1's this week. I do signing and pog, so I'm not sure where I stand. I'm not usually confrontational, but if i get a 1 on 1 and I ask a point blank question and get the run around and double talk, they'll hear me speak my mind. There's no reason to be afraid or delay the truth.

Well, I was in the pilot and my old store bled great TMs and TLs last year. On mobile,
but I’ll try to find the link to that thread.

Last edited:
Well, I was in the pilot and my old store bled great TMs and TLs last year. On mobile,
but I’ll try to find the link to that thread.

I know you aren’t the OP, but I think if AP is quitting it’s something way more complicated than low hours, since AP has its own hours and it’s full time. It’d have to be really awful store management or something just not working out idk

I know you aren’t the OP, but I think if AP is quitting it’s something way more complicated than low hours, since AP has its own hours and it’s full time. It’d have to be really awful store management or something just not working out idk
But if you read the whole thread, it wasn’t just AP. If you look at my entries in that thread, none were AP.

But if you read the whole thread, it wasn’t just AP. If you look at my entries in that thread, none were AP.
I meant for the very first post, I wasn’t referencing the rest of the thread. Just that the first OP’s store seems more messed up than just “modernization’s” fault

Not sure how keeping this a secret and than dropping it on people would cause any less of an exodus than explaining it to people early
I think Spot is stringing people along as long as possible trying to buy time, because Corporate knows that it can take while to find a new job, and if people found out early they would start looking for a new job and leave sooner, probably en masse. Then Spot wouldn’t have enough people left on April 1st to implement this crap. They can always continue to performance out long time employees after full implementation, but will have time to hire and train their replacements instead of being short-handed or left with all newbie staffs.

What are these confidential one-on-one meetings? Are they sit-down meetings in an office? My TL talked with me recently about the "own your area" thing and availability, and we've had a tiny bit of additional training to learn how to independently take care of things others have done, but nothing major yet. Certainly not owning my area yet, and I don't even know if it'll be me or someone else. I'm thinking this is going to turn out to be another carrot dangled in front of me that ends up being taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back