Archived Quitting Due to Modernization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere that looks good.. I am job hunting. Some have retired, some went to other retailers. I am looking more 9-5 in shipping/receiving or support staff of the tech companies around here.
Home Depot warehouse if you have one nearby

My store was completely secretive about it. I was a presentation team member with a really great team lead who was open and honest about it as much as she could be. We were setting up patio in seasonal and she said “this is our last week together as a team” I responded “ Does management have any respect for their employees? I mean I’ve been here for almost 9 years now and done everything asked of me and then some. Like coming in at 4am to do seasonal sets and even doing overnights to reset cosmetics because we needed to do that while the store is closed. I’ve worked outside of my availability to accommodate Target. Don’t they at the very least owe it to me to tell me what the hell my new role is going to be and what hours I can expect because I’m pretty much a 40 hour a week team member now and rumors are that’s gonna change”. My team lead responded “The new rollout plan is being kept such a secret that the ETLs and TLs all had to sign an agreement that they wouldn’t talk to any team members about it”. What does that tell you? And god forbid they got any word of what’s really going in with cutting hours as wages increase in the press.

Rumors are not stated facts. Plus those people that quit before it even got harder means one less tm to be performanced out.

Rumors aren't necessarily "facts" until they're proven one way or the other, but I was very close with an ETL that was in a pilot store for this rollout when it first happened over a year ago... one of the first of the first... and they were told that they 100% definitely were not allowed to discuss it with other Target workers in other stores because they didn't want ETLs in other stores to start job hunting. So given that I 100% know what I heard with my own ears, and given the OP's story lines up very similarly, it would not surprise me at all if their account of events if indeed fact.

Rumors aren't necessarily "facts" until they're proven one way or the other, but I was very close with an ETL that was in a pilot store for this rollout when it first happened over a year ago... one of the first of the first... and they were told that they 100% definitely were not allowed to discuss it with other Target workers in other stores.

I think you mean team members

I think you mean team members

No... I mean they were not allowed to discuss it with any Target workers on any level in any other store... the reason I was given was that they didn't want ETLs, specifically, from other stores that were currently operating under the previous operational model, to start job hunting a year in advance.

No... I mean they were not allowed to discuss it with any Target workers on any level in any other store... the reason I was given specifically was that they didn't want ETLs, specifically, from other stores that currently are operating under the previous operational model, to start job hunting a year in advance.

What is a worker? I only know team members and leaders

Team members are dropping like flies at all levels with these changes. It's bad business to force out your seasoned team members and have everyone be new. And look at unemployment rates. People are not exactly lining up to work at Target. How many new people lasted 90 days or more? Very few....

Ok try to prove that is a target term

Holy shit... I never said it was an officially sanctioned "Target term."

It's the term I chose to encompass everyone that works for Target. This is such a stupid argument... all because you're butthurt about the fact that OP's account lines up with the account I heard from someone else literally a year ago and as such your snarky reply is simply nothing but you being a jackass.

Holy shit... I never said it was an officially sanctioned "Target term."

It's the term I chose to encompass everyone that works for Target. This is such a stupid argument... all because you're butthurt about the fact that OP's account lines up with the account I heard from someone else literally a year ago and as such your snarky reply is simply nothing but you being a jackass.

Jackass? Thanks for the compliment.

And god forbid they got any word of what’s really going in with cutting hours as wages increase in the press.
Why is it that when a sneeze goes cross-wise at Walmart corporate every news outlet in the country is all over it, but Spot can apparently screw over the vast majority of its workforce and not a word is heard in the media?

Why is it that when a sneeze goes cross-wise at Walmart corporate every news outlet in the country is all over it, but Spot can apparently screw over the vast majority of its workforce and not a word is heard in the media?

Because Wal-Mart has over three times as many stores as Spot.

Y'all really need to switch stores, you guys have awful management. We don't have anybody being pushed out of our store, we haven't had anybody leave our store in forever, and nearby stores too (unless you count our Food ETL who left to be an interim STL at another store). Our good TMs get good hours, bad TMs get talked to and will be performanced out if they keep slacking off like they are now. The no full time thing might happen, that I do believe, but 30 hours is plenty because if they get serious about getting more, they start being trained for TL and get full time hours. Generalizing your store to all of spot is a common problem here, no store near me has these issues. I understand there are plenty of stores going to shit, but that is just awful management not the almighty spot. I'm sorry you guys deal with this, but there's no big scandal going on besides bad managers with are everywhere.

Y'all really need to switch stores, you guys have awful management. We don't have anybody being pushed out of our store, we haven't had anybody leave our store in forever, and nearby stores too (unless you count our Food ETL who left to be an interim STL at another store). Our good TMs get good hours, bad TMs get talked to and will be performanced out if they keep slacking off like they are now. The no full time thing might happen, that I do believe, but 30 hours is plenty because if they get serious about getting more, they start being trained for TL and get full time hours. Generalizing your store to all of spot is a common problem here, no store near me has these issues. I understand there are plenty of stores going to shit, but that is just awful management not the almighty spot. I'm sorry you guys deal with this, but there's no big scandal going on besides bad managers with are everywhere.

Out STL is told how many hours we get and we have to deal with that. On inbound we come in and 6 but don't start unloading until 8 as all the priority 2 vehicles are full still from the day before. At 8 we start and we're only scheduled to 10. We finish up at 1030 and we all go home. P1 is left for dayside to do and P2 won't even get touched which rolls it to the next day. We're all being told how we should be doing less and working faster with more hours but until we get more bodies there's only a certain amount we can get done in 4 hours. Sure the promise of $15 an hour may make some work a little faster then they are now but we're expected to be doing the job of 3 or 4 others and that's not going to happen no matter how much they promise to pay (all while cutting hours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back