• Thread starter Codeteam15
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post came back to mind and couldn't help but reread everything :D

Sorry I need to blow off steam.

For the last two months I've been the only gstl with only one gsa to help. We hired a new gstl who lasted a day after getting caught stealing money out of the change drawer on her 1st day. Every time someone in store applies for gstl our idiot etl GE doesn't even grant them an interview (she is dead set on getting someone from outside). We have two cart attendants one is as dumb as a bag of rocks and the other I want to be one of my GSAs because he basically knows how to do everything. And to make it worse I'm a SR gstl and even tho there are 7 other people who can be lod I still get my 3 lod shifts a week on top of being gstl. I've worked from 7-8 in the cash office. 8-12 gstl 12:31-5 gstl. And 5:31 till 10:30ish as gstl/lod. And closing with one cashier on my lod nights where they also expect me to be gstl at the same damn time has gotten old. I am thankful when that one cart attendant works because I can have him watch the lanes and since he can unlock the flex room saves me from having to run up front for every guest too lazy to do their own shopping.
You lock your flex room? Our ETL-GE never lets that happen. Its only locked when we have visitors.

What, were ETLs using AP walkies? At my store, the only people who are allowed to use AP walkies are those who work in AP as well as the ETL-AP.
Our ETL-Log and STL also use them but usually for ap or tm related issues they don't want anyone to hear.

The stl a fresh out of college and never worked big box retail before. But he doesn't like hearing criticism of any kind. Lucky for me the DTL, Hrbp, and a couple of their support staff. Really fun part was telling the DTL "I know you all are here for a visit, but I need to go to lunch since I have 15mins before hitting compliance". I get off lunch(he willing took over as lod) and we are walking the floor and he asks " where is your stl and etl hr?". I looked at him with a straight face and said "I don't know, but if you find them can you find out who is closing lod". He had a puzzled look on his face so I explained the situation over the last couple of months. He looked at me and said until further notice all overtime for you and your gsa is approved.(no shit, but it's nice when the DTL approves the ot) he also pulled the CA I've been trying to move up as a gsa into the office and interviewed him for gsa and then granted him the position(yay finally have 2 GSAs just two more and I can actually get other stuff done). He then gives me his personal cell number and tells me if the stl or etl hr don't show up by 1 to call him and he will come close so I can go home.
Our DTL is that kinda guy too. He took over running backroom when the BRTL was out sick a couple days, we only had 2 people and I was stuck doing receiving on my own. Our ETL was supposed to be back helping but she decides to walk in the visit along with the STL, idk what was said but 20 min after they scanned some stuff in the backroom the DTL shows up with a PDA and asked what I want him to do. Lol it really shocked me. Our store likes to hire in fresh out of college ETLs who don't know what true hard work is. :mad:

What, were ETLs using AP walkies? At my store, the only people who are allowed to use AP walkies are those who work in AP as well as the ETL-AP.

Same here. Not even the LOD gets an AP walkie. The only exception was during Black Friday, where AP + LOD had one, as well as the receipt checkers (2) at the doors, and the overall crowd managers for electronics (me,) the front end (a random GSTL,) and exterior (repurposed SFTM).

Same here. Not even the LOD gets an AP walkie. The only exception was during Black Friday, where AP + LOD had one, as well as the receipt checkers (2) at the doors, and the overall crowd managers for electronics (me,) the front end (a random GSTL,) and exterior (repurposed SFTM).
Our LOD and GSTL/GSA will have the AP walkie on occasion when we have days/nights of high theft or a bunch of sketchy people "browsing" the store.

I second that! I wish the op would just come back even if he just lied to us. It was all in good fun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back