Archived Really Target?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So did you complain to UPS? The problem was them, they should pay for it.

And they do, but the claim has to be done by the shipper, not the recipient, so it is still up to target to fix the situation. Target can get their money back from the loss, but they still have a guest who they also have the money from and no product.

I’ve had glass items packaged carefully from Target and they have arrived broken because of UPS. I returned to the store with the damn things still wrapped in the bubble wrap. So if UPS handled that box better, my shit would have been fine.

And common sense? Please. There is no room for common sense. There is a reason why the SFS team is supposed to be trained on shipping and packaging standards. Same for guest service. No room for common sense there either. That’s why there are broken returns in the reshop bins. Because someone who hopped on to help clear guest service thought oh it’s a return it goes in reshop instead of using the brain God gave them to defect it out.
I have had items that clearly should have been bubbled wrapped just thrown in a box and sealed; laundry detergent is really messy. Yes, those appropriately trained at GS know better to put those items in reshop. Those that are helping often add more work for those at GS.

I always took the FB page with a grain of salt. I remember when it was just folks complaining we sold out of the switch by noon or angry about the transgender bathroom policy
Now it is flooded by guests who did not receive the item they purchased for Christmas and Target promised two-day shipping.

I've worked alot in sfs and I agree. I spend a lot of time making sure nothing even moves in the box. Now with saying that... we are rushed by etls because we have to have them packed by a certain time and they tell us to pack faster and hurry up dont worry about this or that just get it scanned as packed even clapping hands and saying WE HAVE TEN MINUTES. It sucks but it's one of those well do you want it done right or done fast situations and sadly its usually fast that wins.

I have this conversation with my ETL these past two years. I would rather have them INF an order instead of them pulling a damaged product or damaged box to fullfil an OPU. Nothing worse than bringing out the product to the guest and having them see the condition. I then have to take my time to find another one. How is this effective?
I've also had a box with the tiniest little scrunch in the corner of the black panther action figure. I realize some might want it as a collectible but there was certainly nothing wrong to the point where I felt it should be defected out and when the guest didn't want it, I sent it right back to the floor. Sometimes boxes aren't perfect and a lot of guests would rather get their product then get a message saying it wasn't available at all. On the other hand some do pack items that are beyond acceptable.

At the end of the day, all of these problems are nill when you take the personal responsibility not to wait until the last second to buy gifts.
I mean, to be fair, sometimes things are completely out of your control. I paid to have my friend's gifts to her by Saturday, and they didn't come in until Monday. Paid for two-day shipping for a gift for my grandmother, had a hiccup with the card used for payment...hadn't changed the address and forgot...and they ended up just canceling the order even after saying that they would fix the problem and get the gift shipped. Ended up having to call and find a store in my state that had it in stock, they managed to get it to me by Friday.

Guess I lucked out, I ordered like 7-8 things on different days. All 2 day shipping, all orders got delivered exactly when it said it would. Even my 1 OPU was ready earlier than I anticipated. Target saved my Christmas lol. Amazon almost ruined ours, literally almost never got the one gift our daughter wanted due to Amazon, we ordered since November and it barely made it on Christmas Eve.

Yeah, my grandmother loves this one company and talks about wanting a piece from them for every birthday, but she didn't get any this year...I took her to lunch after treating her to a showing of Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again...so I was determined to get her this one lovely set for Christmas. So glad that these two ladies at the company were helpful and got her present to me before Monday night.

ASANTS, but will the complaints about poor packaging and other issues come back to the store that ships it?
We've had huge numbers of SFS orders and while I'm not part of that team, I've heard a LOT over the walkie about "who's picking up the order that just dropped in?" and SFS TMs asking for help with finding items. (And I'll admit to feeling a little irritated with the incentives for fast picking and fast packing for those TMs. I get that they're under pressure, but those of us unloading the larger-than-usual trucks have had something to do with it too. Just saying.)
Seems like if certain stores are generating most of the guest complaints, either those stores shouldn't be doing SFS anymore and/or the problems (lack of supplies, whatever) should be addressed. Yeah, I know, "should be" and "will be" are way different.

How much common sense does it take to carefully pack glasses or a snowglobe instead of just throwing it into a box? No amount of great service from the shipping company is going to protect that product.

Common sense ain't very common. My personal favorite this year was the box of four boxes of diapers and two of the large bottles of laundry detergent. Packing slip said there should be three of the detergent but only two in the box. Neither of those bagged and one sent right side up, the other upside down shoved so tightly that it had burst leaking all over just about everything in the box. Out of the six items in the box how many did the guest actually get? One. One cancelled for not being there, the others for being damaged all of it sizes we don't carry instore. That was just one of the many examples of idiocy I saw doing STS..

Supplies? There should be no shortage of supplies, that is on the leadership to actually fucking order what is needed. And having a TM actually audit and then double that amount would have prevented that. Hell we ordered nine pallets of stuff and we got shut down, but there was no way in hell I was going to be short. I am still using boxes from last 4th quarter for one size, that is how many extras we have. If you didn't think that you were going to get slammed you are fucking stupid. It was on workbench for god sakes to over order.

Last year I thought there was no training. This year was worse. I was pulling boxes off the pallets if you could call the piles of boxes that the next morning that were leaking. And that was only what I caught. This year we were given our season SFS peeps on Thanksgiving day as their first day. The brought this smashed and broke product on themselves. People don't just know how to pack boxes, it is a learned skill. I worked for moving companies so I can pack things to survive the damn apocalypse but if you send me a trainee as I am leaving for the day, my knowledge doesn't get to the trainee.

I've worked alot in sfs and I agree. I spend a lot of time making sure nothing even moves in the box. Now with saying that... we are rushed by etls because we have to have them packed by a certain time and they tell us to pack faster and hurry up dont worry about this or that just get it scanned as packed even clapping hands and saying WE HAVE TEN MINUTES. It sucks but it's one of those well do you want it done right or done fast situations and sadly its usually fast that wins.
The cost of picking the item, the cost of packaging and packing, and the cost of mailing is just waste and loss of revenue if the guest receives a broken item.

Common sense ain't very common. My personal favorite this year was the box of four boxes of diapers and two of the large bottles of laundry detergent. Packing slip said there should be three of the detergent but only two in the box. Neither of those bagged and one sent right side up, the other upside down shoved so tightly that it had burst leaking all over just about everything in the box. Out of the six items in the box how many did the guest actually get? One. One cancelled for not being there, the others for being damaged all of it sizes we don't carry instore. That was just one of the many examples of idiocy I saw doing STS..

Supplies? There should be no shortage of supplies, that is on the leadership to actually fucking order what is needed. And having a TM actually audit and then double that amount would have prevented that. Hell we ordered nine pallets of stuff and we got shut down, but there was no way in hell I was going to be short. I am still using boxes from last 4th quarter for one size, that is how many extras we have. If you didn't think that you were going to get slammed you are fucking stupid. It was on workbench for god sakes to over order.

Last year I thought there was no training. This year was worse. I was pulling boxes off the pallets if you could call the piles of boxes that the next morning that were leaking. And that was only what I caught. This year we were given our season SFS peeps on Thanksgiving day as their first day. The brought this smashed and broke product on themselves. People don't just know how to pack boxes, it is a learned skill. I worked for moving companies so I can pack things to survive the damn apocalypse but if you send me a trainee as I am leaving for the day, my knowledge doesn't get to the trainee.
I hear you as I saw it on the other end at GS. Between the STS items and OPU's, I was so frustrated by the incomplete orders, the broken/damaged products, and incorrectly located items.

I hear you as I saw it on the other end at GS. Between the STS items and OPU's, I was so frustrated by the incomplete orders, the broken/damaged products, and incorrectly located items.

Yeah that was kicker to my example, when I actually read the packing slip and noticed it was missing one of the items. Lots of seven of this and six of that turned out to be five of one six of another and one that didn't go to either one. How does that even make it out of the building?

Hold on , you seem to know everything...
We’ve ordered and ordered ( double and triple the amount ...) but nothing would be sent ...
our last true shipment was sent in late September , only a few things would appear after wards !!
The store even ran out of toilet paper and hand soap for the store bathrooms ..
several stores in our district had the same problems ...
even when we were told auto shipment would arrive , guess what ? Nothing !!
We receive one auto shipment on the 23 rd of December at 3 pm !!! 11 pallets !! How good was that ???
Don’t call any of us stupid or ignorant or whatever , because you don’t know our situation !![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back