Archived Really Target?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came in today to find 3 sfs carts sitting in the pop aisle. All ready to be packed. All the collates sitting on them sorted. Which means they got scanned out but not packed. I was on pog today. Guess where those 3 carts were sitting when I left. Pop aisle. All kinds of electronics on them too. Not secured. The leadership doesn't care at all now that Christmas is over. Pathetic.

Came in today to find 3 sfs carts sitting in the pop aisle. All ready to be packed. All the collates sitting on them sorted. Which means they got scanned out but not packed. I was on pog today. Guess where those 3 carts were sitting when I left. Pop aisle. All kinds of electronics on them too. Not secured. The leadership doesn't care at all now that Christmas is over. Pathetic.
Leadership saved the metrics and screwed the guests. As usual, that seems to be the priority...🙄

I have this conversation with my ETL these past two years. I would rather have them INF an order instead of them pulling a damaged product or damaged box to fullfil an OPU. Nothing worse than bringing out the product to the guest and having them see the condition. I then have to take my time to find another one. How is this effective?
At least for OPU, if the product inside seems to be fine (ie a toy that has a crunched box but the toy is clearly fine), and it's the only one left, we'll fulfill it and the front end can give the guest a discount or cancel the order if they want. I can only think of a couple times guests were upset about it, usually they're happy that they got a discount.

At least for OPU, if the product inside seems to be fine (ie a toy that has a crunched box but the toy is clearly fine), and it's the only one left, we'll fulfill it and the front end can give the guest a discount or cancel the order if they want. I can only think of a couple times guests were upset about it, usually they're happy that they got a discount.
Same, we usually give a 10% discount

Yeah, but that happened to me with everything I bought online this month, so...
USPS and UPS really dropped the ball this season. Something I ordered from Etsy on the 17th said if you ordered before the 19th you would have a guarantee of a delivery by the 21st. Shipping was damn near $10. The 22nd came and I checked my tracking and it gave an ETA of Dec 26. I contact the Etsy seller and got a refund. They attempted to deliver yesterday, didn’t tag my door though. I found out by checking the tracking, it said I requested it to be held. Because you can’t call the local offices, I dragged my ass down there with a 3 month old to see if they had it and why they didn’t deliver it. They tried to say it might need to be signed for, I think not, and that the carrier still had it. I contacted the seller and they assured me I did not need to sign for it. Guess what showed up on my doorstep at 8am this morning? They didn’t even ring the doorbell. Again I only knew because I checked the tracking.

I had another package that was held at a nearby major city for about 3 days. It was shipped to me on the 14th and I got it yesterday, the 26th.

So while some of the shipping problems might be target related this season, like sending it out late, a lot also fall on the delivery companies. Once it leaves targets hands it up to ups, FedEx, or usps to ensue it gets there in time.

Hold on , you seem to know everything...
We’ve ordered and ordered ( double and triple the amount ...) but nothing would be sent ...
our last true shipment was sent in late September , only a few things would appear after wards !!
The store even ran out of toilet paper and hand soap for the store bathrooms ..
several stores in our district had the same problems ...
even when we were told auto shipment would arrive , guess what ? Nothing !!
We receive one auto shipment on the 23 rd of December at 3 pm !!! 11 pallets !! How good was that ???
Don’t call any of us stupid or ignorant or whatever , because you don’t know our situation !!
[/QUOTE]

Weird, we order Monday morning the stuff shows by the next Friday.. That was key the day of order, you miss that cut off shit never shows up..

so, you have to order on a Monday to get SFS supplies to show up?

@Bosch

My store does, now if that goes by district, Group or state that has that cut off I have no idea, we figured out that was the day and followed it for a year now without issue. I have over the year built up a stash, order an extra of prep bags here, extra mailer bags there, every time you open something order it. I do the supply audit on Saturday, one my Co-workers on Sunday double checks it and on Monday the TL orders it. We have not run out of anything since.

If you wait until you are running low, its to late.

The carts were on the salesfloor? Wow. We do occasionally scan without packing if we're really close to pack time and only need a spare couple minutes past 4:30, but that's with the carts in the backroom and the collates right next to the items. What would leadership do if guests took items from those carts? They couldn't cancel the container if there were no more items and the guest would be screwed.

As for UPS, late last week/this weekend they kept showing up early in the afternoon (far before the 4:30 deadline) to take rushes, and never came back to pick up our later rushes (that we did not pack late -- they dropped in the afternoon but before 4:30). One day, dispatch didn't even answer the phone for us to request a pickup for rushes, and another day they didn't have a carrier to come back to the store. I feel bad for the people who had those orders. It wasn't Target that dropped the ball, but shipping.

I have an order that has been saying “Preparing” since Dec 23. 🤣. Gives an estimated delivery of dec 31 - jan 4. I’m excited to see when I actually get it.

Don't. It's also the guest's fault. For waiting so long to order the item. Not like it was a surprise that Christmas was on the 25th this year.

Well, with Christmas changing dates every year...oh wait, that's Easter that moves around.

Yeah, guests' fault for waiting until the last minute! As much as people want instant gratification, just can't pull that off all of the time!

To lump all the last minute shoppers in one lump I think is a stretch.
I personally had family coming to my house for Christmas that I had no clue were coming. Surprise. Had to buy them presents. Got on Amazon Prime. Ordered and was here in two days. Got to my house Christmas eve.
At the end of the day, all of these problems are nill when you take the personal responsibility not to wait until the last second to buy gifts.

I didn't wait til the last minute and the stuff that said "guaranteed before christmas" arrived 3 days after lol. I think it was even late for the normal shipping time. All good, though. Once the delivery date changed, I ended up finding it in a different form factor in my actual store (item seemed to be lost originally which is why I ordered it). I did cut it close. normally I finish my christmas shopping in november. If target didn't put that bright ass guarantee on the site saying that it would arrive on time it probably wouldn't have given me pause at all that it arrived late

I had one item I ordered from lego three times they kept cancelling the order. So I had to find another site to get the item from. Target just happened to be who also sold that set of Lego's. I ordered it and paid for the expedited shipping. It got here. Trust me I am not one to last minute shop but sometimes it happens.

I wish we did, too. For once I’d like to see the blame for this disaster go where it actually belongs...😃

Same. But the blame here really rests on Target's insistence on hiring a LOT of freshly minted college kids (22-23 yo are kids in my mind), giving them the same quality of training as tms get and off they go. They rarely have any retail experience, let alone management, and that is to everyone's detriment.

Take your average college student used to a life of meeting their various teachers/professors requirements. Up until they walk into Target their whole life has been about understanding what was required to pass. Now they get a job that has some numbers they can grab onto and that feels very familiar.

So now they are low middle management, making great money for a 22yo, scared of losing their job, working to meet those metrics at all costs and not disappoint their boss...it's exhausting and unnecessary. They need way better, way longer training when they are right out of college.

It is crazy that a huge, publicly traded company puts itself in the hands of such young and inexperienced people and expects them to run their stores.

Promote from within more and give the young, inexperienced etls better training and stores would be better off overall. Imho.;)

I have an order that has been saying “Preparing” since Dec 23. 🤣. Gives an estimated delivery of dec 31 - jan 4. I’m excited to see when I actually get it.
It shipped Friday from a city 2 hours away and made it to my city that same day. So if UPs ran on Saturday, I would have gotten it yesterday. Instead my delivery date says Jan 2, 🤷🏽‍♀️. USPS would have been faster in this case, I probably would have gotten it Saturday.

Quit many months ago, still had faith in Target. Guaranteed by Christmas, got here the 26th, after my family left :( Still waiting to be wrapped but Target sent me $5 giftcard to make up for the whole "be there by 25th" They dropped the ball not you guys actually trying to make it happen!

Last edited:
It was a complete Target fuck up all around. Had a guest come in on the 23rd. Nice woman but a bit frantic. She wanted the Lego Harry Potter Whomping Willow set. Nice set if you like Legos. She showed me on her phone that she ordered it on the 15th. She'd been tracking it. When she ordered it was supposed to be two day delivery. Then, they changed it to arriving on the 24th. On the morning of the 23rd, they changed it to arriving on the 27th. A bit late. Fortunately, we still had a couple in stock. Checked her out myself and made sure to adjust the price to the previous week's sales price that I remembered because I bought the set at that price. Reminded her to bring the online set to the store when it finally arrived and get the full price of it back. Happy I could help get her what her kid wanted for Christmas on actual Christmas day. But, IT'S A COMMON LEGO SET THAT TARGET COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ARRIVE IN THE POST BY CHRISTMAS WHEN IT WAS ORDERED ON THE 15TH AND WAS ON THE SHELF IN THE NEAREST STORE. I mean, come on, Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back