Archived Regional Spring Water Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
Has anyone ever had their store switch to a different brand?

I was shopping at a Target in my area today and I saw they had their shelves stocked with a completely different brand from the one we've always had at my store (and all local grocery stores). I'm wondering if they're changing it for all stores in my area, or if it's just a mispick or something. A mispick seems unlikely, based on where the brand they have is normally found and where our DC is located.

For reference, here are the different regional brands (all owned by Nestle):

spring water 24   Target.png

Nope. All we carry is Arrowhead. Never even heard of the other ones.

We only carry one of these. I've heard of most of them though. It's so weird how Nestle does that.

We only carry one as well. Poland Spring is NE USA, Zephyrhills is SE USA (Florida+)
I suppose they all theoretically actually come from different water sources otherwise it's incredibly strange given Nestle sells water under their own branding too.

We only carry one as well. Poland Spring is NE USA, Zephyrhills is SE USA (Florida+)
I suppose they all theoretically actually come from different water sources otherwise it's incredibly strange given Nestle sells water under their own branding too.
I've never heard of that brand and I'm from the southeast. I'm only familiar with Deerpark.

None of the above. Only brands other than MP are ice mountain, aquafina amd pure life.

Nestle brand water is purified water aka tap water. The rest is actual spring water, sourced from different springs in different parts of the country.

None of the above. Only brands other than MP are ice mountain, aquafina amd pure life.
Ice mountain is up there o_O. Once upon a time, the wrong brand was in the circular, a bunch of people came in looking for it and left disappointed. Who gets mad over which brand of water you get as long as it's the same price?

Upper Midwest here and we get Ice Mountain. When we travel to Florida it's Zephyrhills. Last year at Back To School/College we got a mis-pick pallet of Deer Park, which was put on a pallet on the floor and sold for a reduced price.

Ice mountain is up there o_O. Once upon a time, the wrong brand was in the circular, a bunch of people came in looking for it and left disappointed. Who gets mad over which brand of water you get as long as it's the same price?
Yeah i realized that after I replied but was too lazy to edit.

Update: I was back in this store again today, and not only did they still have that same brand of 24-packs, they also now carry the 1 gallon and mini bottle packs in that brand.

I'm starting to think they switched DCs or something, which would be bizarre since they are in the same town as my store.

Update: I was back in this store again today, and not only did they still have that same brand of 24-packs, they also now carry the 1 gallon and mini bottle packs in that brand.

I'm starting to think they switched DCs or something, which would be bizarre since they are in the same town as my store.
That could be the case. There is a gmail dc in the next county 50 ish miles from my store, yet my dc is over 200 miles away.

We used to be deer Park but it switched to ice mountain probably a year ago. A guest claimed that a store about 10 miles away still sold deer park, but I've never looked to find out

We carry MP, Pure Life, and Ozarka, but for a little while last winter, we got in a bunch of 5 or 6 SKUs of Ice Mountain

That could be the case. There is a gmail dc in the next county 50 ish miles from my store, yet my dc is over 200 miles away.
Yep confirmed today. Even though they are literally in the same town as my store, they are served by a different DC from us, hundreds of miles in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back