Archived Registers Down Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
anchorman-meme.jpg

Hay then I opened... But things were slowwwwww toward the end of my shift at 12 eastern. That would explain why!

And, if ours went down, the GSA closing might really give her notice.

The first thing my team member says to me when everything started crashing was, "We should probably check thebreakroom."
The only plus side to everything going crazy up front was that Softlines for us was quieter, and for once, we actually got most of our stuff pushed. Zero cares were given in those five hours.

Yup first thing I did was sign in to break room to get in the loop ended up informing my ETL to the problem. I can't even remember how many guest made remarks along the line if this was another databreach. I wouldn't be surprised if they inform us this is because of the new summer software rolling out soon.

Today was a nightmare at our store too. All the stores in our area were affected around 3:30pm-8pm. Once it started happening at around 3:30pm I helped my GSTL out by being a GSA(luckily I'm GSA trained) and going through the lanes telling our team members what to do like running the cards as credit and handing out apology coupons as our GSTL was trying to call support. Also our phones we're down and we just told the cashiers to give the redcard debit cardholders the 5% manually. We even had to pull EVERYONE from the floor to help cashier for an hour. Starbucks and food ave gave out free samples as well.

What was really special were those helpful guests...telling my cashiers they should switch registers or suggesting other ways they could fix the issue...and then standing there looking confused when my cashiers didn't try their helpful suggestions.

"Yup first thing I did was sign in to break room to get in the loop"
Such irony that we work for a place where the best source of information regarding anything is from a site that would still be called Targetsucks.com had they not sued to get it changed.
I think its awesome that in a situation where EVERYTHING was broken within the stores within their company where team members and guests throughout the country needed answers as to what was going on and what to do...all Target thought to do was leave a generic message on their helpline (the only thing that still worked) that said "we're aware of these issues and are working on fixing them, we can provide no further information" .

I have experienced credit and debit going down for the day. We have to tell guests their cards will not be accepted. And we can only accept cash or check.

This website used to be targetsucks.something the original person who put it up got sued our received a ceast and desist, then changed it to what it is today. Then years later a union with money and lawyers and such came along and bought targetsucks.com to make it some prounion bullshit.
I specifically remember the posted ceast amd desist and the announcement of the name change.

Our computers weren't crashing, however when we went to add a drink it would allow us to select it and then take 3-5 minutes to actually add the drink to the order. And it started in the middle of a rush. I'm sincerely hoping it is back to up and running for my shift later today, because that was an awkward nightmare.

Our registers were super slow and pdas weren't working. Glad to know my store wasn't the only one. Btw, gift cards last night needed an approval code. 3 or 4 of our registers completely crashed and or froze, so it was interesting nonetheless.

I almost cried a couple of times last night, and only wanted to kill myself about 500 times. Luckily, almost every guest I had was super understanding and kept telling me it wasn't my fault.

Any word on if this has been resolved?

I remember when my FA's POS got a software upgrade. If I pressed the screen too fast, it wouldn't refresh and show the order for about 2 minutes. If I started to get more than 15 items on screen, the system would slow down to a crawl then eventually crash.

Guests were calling and coming in, saying they were double-charged.

Our PDAs were down, too. Pulls rolled over. Nightmare...

I was headed to my final 15 right before they went down. Saw there was a small (normal sized) backup, figured I could hop on for 5 and get things flowing. Thirty minutes later, and about 6 stalled transactions, I was not at break. Just kept apologizing my way through every step.

Finally, I get through to the last person in my line, who was buying a hand mixer.
She said "... Are you having issues with the computers again?"
I say "It's running slowly, but I'm not sure why."
With visions of security breach in her head, she says "...... I don't need this" and heads off, thus clearing out my line and freeing me to escape to break!

Guests were calling and coming in, saying they were double-charged.

Our PDAs were down, too. Pulls rolled over. Nightmare...

Thank god our PDAs went down after the CAFs were done

I got to show the guests the Target app >.> I was in market for the night and I don't remember what we have with the transition so the Target app actually helped a lot.

Such irony that we work for a place where the best source of information regarding anything is from a site that would still be called Targetsucks.com had they not sued to get it changed.
I think its awesome that in a situation where EVERYTHING was broken within the stores within their company where team members and guests throughout the country needed answers as to what was going on and what to do...all Target thought to do was leave a generic message on their helpline (the only thing that still worked) that said "we're aware of these issues and are working on fixing them, we can provide no further information" .
I love love love this site! The people on here are the best!!!!

Any word on if this has been resolved?
I can't speak for anyone else, but it cleared up for us last night about two hours before PST close. So as far as stores resolved - it would seem so - but Target still hasn't issued any statement directly saying what the problem was.
Probably the update. Calling it out.

This website used to be targetsucks.something the original person who put it up got sued our received a ceast and desist, then changed it to what it is today. Then years later a union with money and lawyers and such came along and bought targetsucks.com to make it some prounion bullshit.
I specifically remember the posted ceast amd desist and the announcement of the name change.

This isn't accurate. This site has never been affiliated with targetsucks, nor was it ever previously called targetsucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back