Archived Registers Down Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my store had the same problem tonight. I had my qmosed stuff done in pfresh right before the meltdown. When I punched out at 10pm we still had lines at four open registers. I'm glad I got out of there. I volunteered to stay and help, but our gstl said we had only those four registers available, so I left.

Maybe some other teenager hacked into our technology again?

This job is getting harder to do daily. Oh, what happened to those fast, fun and friendly days...or were they just a dream? Any case, now it's a nightmare...

How far will the ineptness at this company go?
Oh it will go on further than this. In my opinion, Target will never recover from last year's data breach. Stores are going to be running on a skeleton crew for a long time. Look for more management cuts in the stores and especially at corporate.

Thank goodness I stepped down a few years ago. It sucks as a team member, too, but at least if stuff doesn't get done, my leaders are held accountable, not me.

Did anyone else have trouble with their store's alarms going off also? Our perimeter alarm and refrigeration alarms started going off about 15 minutes before closing. Not sure if our ETL ever got to leave the store because he couldn't set the alarm.

I think this is a bad sign. I just have this feeling with all the drama and bad luck Target has has since Black Friday of last year that Target might be turning into Kmart and Sears and JC Penny.

For a long time the refrigeration alarm at GS kept going off. The LOD always said it was a known issue, just silence it. So when every cooler in grocery failed and we had to throw away all the food recently, I wasn't surprised.

When will Target ever get our technology systems to work? (Without glitches, hacks, and get stuff somewhat up to date?)
The time clock going offline is another thing they should be able to figure out! They want our stores to do so well on compliance but the offline time clock has caused at least 4 compliance violations this month in my store!

When will Target ever get our technology systems to work? (Without glitches, hacks, and get stuff somewhat up to date?)
The time clock going offline is another thing they should be able to figure out! They want our stores to do so well on compliance but the offline time clock has caused at least 4 compliance violations this month in my store!

No that is not the clock, that is TMs who can't tell time or remember what time they clocked. You are responsible for your punches not the clock. Sorry to be harsh.

Apparently we had it at our store. Things were slow again at random times tonight, I was waiting for a crash....

You are responsible for your punches but you shouldn't get penalized for crappy technology and failing equipment. That's on Target's end in my opinion.

No that is not the clock, that is TMs who can't tell time or remember what time they clocked. You are responsible for your punches not the clock. Sorry to be harsh.

I had the timeclock go offline halfway through typing my number the other day, how am I supposed to prevent that? (You can't see if it's ready or offline in the middle of your punch).

I understand where you're coming from, but it seems like a pretty global issue that's unnecessary. I never remember seeing the timeclock offline as much as it is now as when I first started four years ago.

EHR is probably one of the best examples of Target's utter failure at technology meant to be useful to the team. It's so terrible!

I thought our store was the only one hahaha. Credit and Debit cards began working 5 minutes, yes, 5 minutes before closing time. I had a register crash on me while ringing up a $1300 transaction. And every other register that hadn't crashed was in use by another TM, so I had to take them up to Guest Service and ring up the entire $1300 again with a hand scanner. Sunday night was a night from hell. PDA's weren't working either, so whenever I needed to look up an item for the DPCI, I was on my phone using the Target app instead, was going much quicker that way.

Ahh approval codes, my lod came over and told me quietly that you could type in anything you wanted for the approval code and it would go through. He tried 1234, 1111, 17, one time he put in his numbers, all went through.

wait what does this work all the time
You still need a supervisor's TM number after you enter the approval code. So yes, if you are a GSA or GSTL, you probably could type in any number. During the crash, my GSA whispered in my ear "Pick a number, any number." and he typed in the number as the approval code. So, I assume you can probably just type in any number. But I did notice it prompted for a supervisor after he entered the code.

If the time clock doesn't accept punches, then fill out a paper punch form. Ours was offline, but it still accepted punches for processing. It only seems to reject punches when it's updating, not when it's offline.

Ahh approval codes, my lod came over and told me quietly that you could type in anything you wanted for the approval code and it would go through. He tried 1234, 1111, 17, one time he put in his numbers, all went through.

As TimmyD posted above, you need a supervisor override, but yes. The reason you're supposed to call 719 for an approval code is to limit liability. If the guest disputed the charge with their bank, the transaction wouldn't be considered legit if you didn't use the approval code given to you by 719. Of course, if the phones are down, that's another story.

I AM able to tell when the timeclock is something like 1:40:10, when I punched out at 1:10:50 on the timeclock that doesn't have seconds! Because I have a non-bad memory??

I AM able to tell when the timeclock is something like 1:40:10, when I punched out at 1:10:50 on the timeclock that doesn't have seconds! Because I have a non-bad memory??

Wait til the next minute.

Due to compliance issues, we were told at one time to clock back in at 35 minutes, not 30. I suspect that someone thought they'd be saving payroll with that, too, though.

Due to compliance issues, we were told at one time to clock back in at 35 minutes, not 30. I suspect that someone thought they'd be saving payroll with that, too, though.

We were told 32min, but the next min isn't enough to fight over and saves the hassle.

You still need a supervisor's TM number after you enter the approval code. So yes, if you are a GSA or GSTL, you probably could type in any number. During the crash, my GSA whispered in my ear "Pick a number, any number." and he typed in the number as the approval code. So, I assume you can probably just type in any number. But I did notice it prompted for a supervisor after he entered the code.
On a normal day, you need a correct code. Not any old number will work. Either your GSA/GSTL needs to give you the daily override code or you need to get one from 718.

Not to bump this but I came upon this CNBC article about the register debacle this past Sunday while reading one about Target's apology to Canada.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101762567

I liked it because it reiterates points that we seem to be making on here, and these guys are experts, so take that as a pat on the back!

"He added that they could continue to deteriorate if the company "doesn't clean its operationally sloppy self up.""

"But Trout said Target needs to do more than simply issue press releases about these changes. Instead, the retailer needs to run ads admitting that it lost its way, but has taken major steps to improve."

""You've got to package it up a little better and make it more interesting," Trout said. "What you have to do is reintroduce what you would call the new Target.""

"Winters sounded a similar note, saying that Target needs to stop being in a reactive mode. She said the company should talk, in particular, about the changes it is making on the technology front. The brand also needs to "double down" on its customer experience, including how the stores look, and continue to maintain its "cheeky, fun, fashionable" brand position, including partnerships with designers."

Not to bump this but I came upon this CNBC article about the register debacle this past Sunday while reading one about Target's apology to Canada.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101762567

I liked it because it reiterates points that we seem to be making on here, and these guys are experts, so take that as a pat on the back!

"He added that they could continue to deteriorate if the company "doesn't clean its operationally sloppy self up.""

"But Trout said Target needs to do more than simply issue press releases about these changes. Instead, the retailer needs to run ads admitting that it lost its way, but has taken major steps to improve."

""You've got to package it up a little better and make it more interesting," Trout said. "What you have to do is reintroduce what you would call the new Target.""

"Winters sounded a similar note, saying that Target needs to stop being in a reactive mode. She said the company should talk, in particular, about the changes it is making on the technology front. The brand also needs to "double down" on its customer experience, including how the stores look, and continue to maintain its "cheeky, fun, fashionable" brand position, including partnerships with designers."

I was going to post this too, and this article is 200% correct but it will never happen. I want to go on a tirade but I'm too exhausted and I need to sleep so I can get my ass kicked by soup and tortillas tomorrow...

I had the timeclock go offline halfway through typing my number the other day, how am I supposed to prevent that? (You can't see if it's ready or offline in the middle of your punch).

I understand where you're coming from, but it seems like a pretty global issue that's unnecessary. I never remember seeing the timeclock offline as much as it is now as when I first started four years ago.

EHR is probably one of the best examples of Target's utter failure at technology meant to be useful to the team. It's so terrible!

Agree with you. Some things you can't control, but try and control the things you can. Even stranger we have one clock that is always updating and rejecting punches and the other is usually fine(we have two clocks at our busiest entrance to the TMSC) so when one rejects you the other usually takes it. And the one that works when it rejects your punch, it only tells you it rejected it but actually records it! Confusing.

Now if I could catch the person that can't remember what locker they were using so they try all of them until they find it and locking out a bunch including mine every other day, time could be served so much easier.

our store had the same prob and oy was it bad... people couldn't make returns with their red cards, people couldn't use the pin pad. for the people who wanted to use a debet Red card I personally gave them the 5% discount when they used a different credit card.

Wow.....sounds like Father's Day was a gem of a day.
At the moment I'm on LOA and I'm wondering if Spot will still be in business when it is time for my return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back