Archived Registers Down Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of there being issues, guests should be a little more understanding as to what's going on. While I understand their frustration, there is no need to be calling names and giving cashiers problems. Society has become a bunch of entitled crybabies. I commend everyone who had to go through this and hope that Target gets their act together soon, otherwise I see bad things in their future.

Regardless of there being issues, guests should be a little more understanding as to what's going on. While I understand their frustration, there is no need to be calling names and giving cashiers problems. Society has become a bunch of entitled crybabies. I commend everyone who had to go through this and hope that Target gets their act together soon, otherwise I see bad things in their future.

Well stores treating customers like gods and allowing them to get away with murder with coupon and return fraud as a norm, no wonder they pitch fits like two year old having a tantrum. We have conditioned them to be spoiled entitled brats who stomp their feet for a freebie.

No that is not the clock, that is TMs who can't tell time or remember what time they clocked. You are responsible for your punches not the clock. Sorry to be harsh.

I AM able to tell when the timeclock is something like 1:40:10, when I punched out at 1:10:50 on the timeclock that doesn't have seconds! Because I have a non-bad memory??

Wait til the next minute.
Due to compliance issues, we were told at one time to clock back in at 35 minutes, not 30. I suspect that someone thought they'd be saving payroll with that, too, though.
Never do that. Your name goes on a attendence report for extending lunches. They can coach youvon that, or prevent a promotion or transfer.

^^ Why our HR settled on 32min.. It was over but not so over that it looked bad.

We were always told 31 minutes and had a handy chart right by the time clock that told you when you should punch back in.

Meanwhile now at Trader Joe's I can punch back in from lunch a minute or two early and no one gives a crap.

We were always told 31 minutes and had a handy chart right by the time clock that told you when you should punch back in.

Meanwhile now at Trader Joe's I can punch back in from lunch a minute or two early and no one gives a crap.

That chart is a great idea.

That chart is a great idea.

It's absolutely brilliant and so useful I love it.

When I was at Target we were told the same thing - 31 minutes - and had the handy chart, also. Now at Hobby Lobby, we are just told to make sure we take a full 30 minutes but now one cares either if you punch in a minute or two early.

We had the problem of all the registers crashing that day too, but it wasnt the first time it happened in our store.. What I don't understand is that target doesn't have a backup plan. A stock pile of old creditcard hand swipers or carbon paper would be very useful.

It is hard work and I'm sure some of the cashiers wouldn't be capable of doing the work it takes. You need 2 employees per register to make it work, a stack of paper, write down all the dpci numbers and prices, get a calculator, add up the order, add in the tax, take the cash, or creditcard numbers (cant use debit) have the guest sign the slip for credit card sale and when the registers come up you have two people plugging in all the sales.. Don't say it doesn't work because I did it at a major chain over 20 years ago when their registers would go down.
So you don't make as much money as you would in a night, but it's better then turning people away and taking in no money.
Hmm, maybe I should send that suggestion to corporate.. Lol, like they would even read the email.

We had the problem of all the registers crashing that day too, but it wasnt the first time it happened in our store.. What I don't understand is that target doesn't have a backup plan. A stock pile of old creditcard hand swipers or carbon paper would be very useful.

It is hard work and I'm sure some of the cashiers wouldn't be capable of doing the work it takes. You need 2 employees per register to make it work, a stack of paper, write down all the dpci numbers and prices, get a calculator, add up the order, add in the tax, take the cash, or creditcard numbers (cant use debit) have the guest sign the slip for credit card sale and when the registers come up you have two people plugging in all the sales.. Don't say it doesn't work because I did it at a major chain over 20 years ago when their registers would go down.
So you don't make as much money as you would in a night, but it's better then turning people away and taking in no money.
Hmm, maybe I should send that suggestion to corporate.. Lol, like they would even read the email.

I have done it by hand as well, but I can tell you why Spot won't. It costs to much in labor and they wouldn't trust its own employees to be able to do it. And honestly I agree with them on some level, the amount of chargebacks and arguing later over returns - probably not worth the hassle vs plain lost sales..

Plus some of those transactions probably wouldn't go thru if they were close to their limit.

Anyone else having problems with equipment? Last week our phones, PDAs and registers were all having problems. Either they did not work at all or were so slow that ringing up 2 or 3 items took forever. Some of the PDAs would work when others would not. I'm tired of apologizing to guests. I'm tired of making excuses! I thought we had this strategy to, "make our guests love us." We are not providing great guest service. I'm so frustrated!

I've noticed our registers have been a little bit slower since the big network outage. Everything else seems to be no more dysfunctional than normal.

We keep hearing, "It's a global issue!" Our ETLs are living on hold with the help desk. Ugh!

It's everything at our store. The phones, PDAs, LPDAs & the registers are not working at all or not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back