Archived Repacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diva0Darkness

Keeping the soccer moms in stock with Makeup wipes
Just a quick question...
I have been with "Big Red" for about 8 months and I never got an explanation of what a repack is.
Ok, I know it's just random things DC sends us to put out on the sales floor, but why do why get them when we get truck too?
Just curious.

1) The items are broken from case stock and "re-packed" into boxes to send to stores
2) The boxes are reusable, so they can be reused quite a few times to pack items

I'm not sure on your second part, but basically the repacks are how they easily move eaches, or non-case stock items. Occasionally you may find small case stock in a repack, but it holds true.

It's not just random things from the DC (although opening some repack boxes, it does seem that way). There are labels on the boxes with a bar code and a series of numbers, one of which should be marked and indicates which department the box is for.

I am sure someone else could answer this better but Green is softlines (A&A) Red is essentials and Black is Home. Red is the smallest then Black and green.

White and red is electronics aka zone 9.

1) The items are broken from case stock and "re-packed" into boxes to send to stores
2) The boxes are reusable, so they can be reused quite a few times to pack items

I'm not sure on your second part, but basically the repacks are how they easily move eaches, or non-case stock items. Occasionally you may find small case stock in a repack, but it holds true.
It doesn’t matter what the colors mean , because dc doesn’t give a shit what they put in it anyway . So you have a red for electronics but you gonna have market and gum, green for softlines and black you have more gum and shampoo and all the food violation in all the repacks.

Repacks are the things no one can seem to put neatly on the correct pallet when empty for the life of them. My store will let those repacks spill out everywhere if I or the ripper dont have time to straighten them up. I literally want to strangle people who toss them on top of the other ones haphazardly.

Repacks are the things no one can seem to put neatly on the correct pallet when empty for the life of them. My store will let those repacks spill out everywhere if I or the ripper dont have time to straighten them up. I literally want to strangle people who toss them on top of the other ones haphazardly.
Or don't put them in the one that's not even full yet. Or fold the flaps inside.

It doesn’t matter what the colors mean , because dc doesn’t give a shit what they put in it anyway . So you have a red for electronics but you gonna have market and gum, green for softlines and black you have more gum and shampoo and all the food violation in all the repacks.

Those white and red ones that are supposed to be electronics only we get pets and kitchen in a lot lately.... Only thing that is consistent is green ones are always softlines.

Electronics repacks are the only thing our DC gets right. Never had anything but electronics in them. The ones for entertainment is another story though.

There was one week not too long ago when the DC was sending us combos in white repacks. Idk if they had a noob on the loose or they just ran out of black ones but it was funny

The point of having single items in a repack is because the case amount of that item is too high to make sense sending a store a full case at a time. Like a case of bath towels might be 12 per box, which is silly if you sell 2 per week. So they just send 2 in a repack.

The items are very loosely grouped together, but the system Target has in place doesn’t really do an adequate job of keeping like items together. That’s why you’ll have these seemingly random boxes of repacks.

I’m not sure what you mean when you ask “why do we get them on the truck too?” That’s how you get everything from the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back