Archived Requisition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know anybody with the GSTL "K" button can access in store requisition mode. And I have requisitioned products before, but I don't fully understand the process. Obviously it's just like a transaction but without the payment method. Can somebody explain the total procedure, process and everything about requisitioning merchandise?
Thanks!

I'm curious too. I'm a GSA, and I was told when I requisition something, just leave everything like it is and press k8...I was wondering if this is true, or if there's something else I need to be entering. The only time I've done anything different is when I've requisitioned something for Target Mobile and once when I requisitioned a gift card for my ETL-HR.

I'm curious too. I'm a GSA, and I was told when I requisition something, just leave everything like it is and press k8...I was wondering if this is true, or if there's something else I need to be entering. The only time I've done anything different is when I've requisitioned something for Target Mobile and once when I requisitioned a gift card for my ETL-HR.
I have been told the same. I am a GSA as well.

When you hit 'total', you'll need to scroll thru the fields.
Sometimes you might need to change the acct number field to the appropriate acct (601 is supplies, 549 is recognition, etc) before you hit K8.
It prints out the req slip & tells you to toss it.
I kept them until day's end in case leadership raised any concerns, then I tossed them.
We used to have to log them in a binder yrs ago.

See, I've never even changed the account number, nor do I know what any of the accounts are. I've done recognition and supplies the same way.

Talk to your GSTL about the various accts & their use.
If you're req items for store use, it goes under 601; req a giftcard for a TM for an outstanding job would fall under 549; 979 is the vibe acct (aka "make the guest happy").
There's a list floating in the forum with the different types of accts.

Depending on the item and its purpose, you may have to put a red requisition sticker on the item with the date and your initials.

It prints out the req slip & tells you to toss it.
I kept them until day's end in case leadership raised any concerns, then I tossed them.
We used to have to log them in a binder yrs ago.

We still save requisition slips. When we clean out the red drawers at night, they go with the sales audit and tax exempt slips ("media").

I love when I work guest service and a TM who won a prize asks me to requisition something. I am always polite about it and say to them "I am sorry I cant do that... only the GSA or GSTL can do that for you."

So I know anybody with the GSTL "K" button can access in store requisition mode. And I have requisitioned products before, but I don't fully understand the process. Obviously it's just like a transaction but without the payment method. Can somebody explain the total procedure, process and everything about requisitioning merchandise?
Thanks!

You're just buying merchandise with one of the store's accounts.
Example:

The LOD brings candy to huddle.
S/he hands you the bag and asks you to requisition it, then put it in the break room.
You get onto the requisition screen, scan the bag, and hit total.
You choose the store account your charging it too (in this case, 549.)
Hit total.

What you do with the receipt is up to your store. Our HRTM kept a log of them at my first store, they're just thrown at my current store.

Man, people send all kinds of crazy shit to cash office. My very least favorite is gift cards, because I can't tell if you were being a boob and it should have just been tossed or if you found it and it has value on it. My GSTLs just love having to run them all to see which ones are empty. Other things we don't need: 20 page registry printouts, receipts from photo, guests' shopping lists...

And use your goddamned counterfeit detector pens, people. It's not that hard!

Man, people send all kinds of crazy shit to cash office. My very least favorite is gift cards, because I can't tell if you were being a boob and it should have just been tossed or if you found it and it has value on it. My GSTLs just love having to run them all to see which ones are empty. Other things we don't need: 20 page registry printouts, receipts from photo, guests' shopping lists...
This.
I always had to clean out a crap-ton of stuff that was tossed in haphazardly by a certain GSTL who merely scooped out the drawers without sorting: coupons in with media, media in cash bags, rebate checks in the coupon bag, handfuls of spent giftcards.
I was tempted to start a bonfire but it would've set off the alarm.

^This, a million times. I am only in there a couple of days per week, but the other person doesn't always sort the coupons thoroughly. In fact, more often than not he will dump the coupons from the night before into the coupon bag & I will look in there and see a credit slip &/or rebate check sticking out.

I can't get mad at him though, it's the lazy GSA/GSTL who couldn't be bothered to sort the coupons during closing.

In-store requisitions are available to anyone with 'Supervisor' access on the registers, under the GSTL 'K' key as you mentioned. You select the button for requisitions under K4 GSTL, then scan the items to be req'd as with any regular transaction. The difference is that with a requisition, the items are FREE charged to an expense account. 549 for TM recognition (prizes, best team survey schmoozing, etc.), 601 & 619 for supplies, 772 & 774 for charitable donations, and 979 for certain vibe situations. If you are a GSA/GSTL, you will most often use the 549 account to recognize your cashiers for REDcards. Other TLs/ETLs most often use 601/619 for their various supplies.

If you are a brand, pharmacy, HR or electronics TM who has been granted Supervisor access, do not requisition anything without LOD approval. These positions can be made Supervisor on the register for various reasons but are not actual 'supervisors,' and most likely have no need to ever perform a requisition (HR is sometimes excepted if the ETL-HR permits them to req food for the break room).

Last edited:

Right!? i opened the little deposit box on the wall one morning to find PILES of registry printouts. apparently some cashiers decided collectively as a group that we keep them. lol

AP might require that you keep them but he/she can electronically view all requisitions for quality purposes. Remember that all transactions are recorded (on the register and camera) so don't abuse it (not saying you are).

the other day as I was looking thru my coupon bag I found a long thing of "safety stickers" that we give to kids. I am guessing the closing GSTL was tired and was not paying attention.

the other day as I was looking thru my coupon bag I found a long thing of "safety stickers" that we give to kids. I am guessing the closing GSTL was tired and was not paying attention.

That stuff gets so easily tangled in with the coupons. Sometimes without going through every single coupon stickers, gift cards and other stuff may get mixed in.

Thank you for giving the GSA the benefit of the doubt instead of everyone else on here assuming we are lazy.

That stuff gets so easily tangled in with the coupons. Sometimes without going through every single coupon stickers, gift cards and other stuff may get mixed in.

Thank you for giving the GSA the benefit of the doubt instead of everyone else on here assuming we are lazy.
It would be helpful if the cashier threw the old gift cards in the trash and kept the coupons and audit slips separate, wouldn't it? But I have some cashiers who can't even keep the coins separate i.e. quarters, dimes, pennies, nickels in the empty slot on the left and change left on top of the register.

It would be helpful if the cashier threw the old gift cards in the trash and kept the coupons and audit slips separate, wouldn't it? But I have some cashiers who can't even keep the coins separate i.e. quarters, dimes, pennies, nickels in the empty slot on the left and change left on top of the register.

Yes. I ask them a million times to toss the gift cards, but they won't. And I can't figure out how they make change when they don't have the coins in the right position.

yea I have bad days myself and so I don't want to be mean and just assume people are lazy.

Yes. I ask them a million times to toss the gift cards, but they won't. And I can't figure out how they make change when they don't have the coins in the right position.
I usually ask the guest "do you want to keep it as a souvenir or book mark?" but I mostly just throw them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back