Reshop at Guest Service?

Working in A and A, when we pick up reshops from guest services, we have to double check them. We get items that are salvage, some stink ie worn or washed. Some are missing buttons etc. and some are not even Target items. We've had Kohls, Wally worlds and American Eagle stuff returned with either no tag or a Target tag....So, now I stand at guest services and go through each item.

My store actually did something smart in regards to reshop. If I say it, it'll probably give me away.

Calling a team member every time there is a return would not work in our store. We're just too busy.

I certainly can't knock the results your store is getting. Most stores can only dream of this. However, I agree it's far from efficient. Multiple all of the time spent by each TM to collect the reshop over 7 days, times 4 weeks...that's a lot of lost hours each month. Target just doesn't know how to manage it logistics process once product leaves the DC.

Agreed ! We truly "waste" our efficiency going "back & forth, back & forth" for the reshop ALL.DAY.LONG. And, while it may look "Ritz Carlton" like @theissueoftissue stated, at GS and in the FR.......... Our backroom is a total shit-storm of Softlines merch.

I love all the aesthetic changes/ and elevated Service changes we (Target) are making to give our Guest an awesome experience. HOWEVER...... there HAS to be some modifications/updates to our Best Practices to keep up with these changes. We can't have Best Practices (SOPs) from 1988 and Modernization of 2018 without some crap falling thru the cracks. No one wants crap in their...... oh, you see where I'm going with this, right?????

Spot, seal your cracks. :confused:

I certainly can't knock the results your store is getting. Most stores can only dream of this. However, I agree it's far from efficient. Multiple all of the time spent by each TM to collect the reshop over 7 days, times 4 weeks...that's a lot of lost hours each month. Target just doesn't know how to manage it logistics process once product leaves the DC.

Efficiency is having a tm grab guest service on their way back from either break or backing up. When someone is coming from the floor up to guest service it becomes inefficient like you said .

Q4 it can work because you have more salesfloor hours. We schedule a tm just to focus on reshop.

We were so sure it wasn't going to work at our store but it did as long as everyone bought in.

In big stores I don't see how you could have 1+ TMs running back & forth from GS all day and expect the rest of the store to look better than total garbage.

We've got some kind of compromise going at GS. We aren't supposed to drop off carts of abandons (I always hated doing that, but during Q4 it was unavoidable. Easier now). If we can sort the carts, we do that, then they kind of keep carts for each section that they fill up and when they're full or someone comes by they call someone and the carts stay by one of the registers until they can be scooped up. Most of the time these days I can at least get the HL reshop done, and drop SL at the fitting room and only have grocery for their cart or for the GS folks to handle as I don't always know what needs to be defected out vs. what can be put back out.

I always feel bad when I can't leave very little at GS at the end of the night, but there's not much I can do if I get conscripted for the lanes a half hour before end of shift which is when I would normally take care of reshop and finish off my cart.

Unsorted or overfull reshop carts should go back by the line with a pull tag. Sometimes GS will do that if we're busy and carts can't get back out right away.

We have an area built for reshop. Kind of snuck it pass Corp. We sort in the room and the world's come grab the sorted carts. Reshop is pretty much under control for us and we're high volume. It's all done off stage.
We also have a room/closet for reshop! However, it’s only because we’re going through a remodel right now, so I’m not sure how it’ll be when we’re done. I like having it in the closet though.

Without a doubt, the best thing to ever happen to the Service Desk is not sorting raw reshop anymore. Now front lanes reshop is presorted by cashiers/GSTLs when possible into hardlines / softlines / Bullseye and taken directly to the backroom by (usually) cart attendant.

The only reshop at the Service Desk is from returns. Again its just two carts: hardlines and softlines. Sometimes it gets crowded and every now and then I wish for a grocery cart again. Full carts get pushed out to the side of the area for cart attendant or sales floor to take to the backroom.

To be honest, it works good, except during peak times when we aren't able to replace the carts easily when guests line up.

Taken to the backroom? Why not just take them directly to the TM working no a particular area?

We have carts for each area and returns are sorted into them. Sometimes abandon is brought up and sorted into the carts. A few times each night a TM comes and grabs their cart and replaces it w an empty one. Works great and is hidden behind our IGS wall.

Now that I think about it, on most non-peak times, I think SF does work out reshop directly from Guest Service when possible. I rarely work SF myself anymore so I don't know how often carts are going SF vs Backroom.

We had a visit today and they took our reshop tub/organization away. We were left with a two-tier which is probably going to be removed too soooo now we have literally nowhere to store reshop. Apparently every time we get a piece of reshop we have to call someone to get it. I think this is crazy but was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Yeah no, I don't see that happening. Maybe if you had great TMs and ETLs who were constant about enforcing new policies, but otherwise...

At my store District took away most of my carts and tried to leave me with 1 (I keep bringing back a second cart for softlines as soon as they leave). The idea was that if every TM checked in after breaks/clocking in then reshops wouldn't build up quite so much. My god the TMs damn near rebelled when we told them. My DTL told us that reshops need to be picked up every 15 mins, never said anything about calling after every return.

It's a hassle especially when the gstl doesn't call for the LOD to pick them up and a ton of carts pile up.

That seems like a lot. Just give your guest service TMs a walkie and a grid. They can call out reshops without having to go through the GSTL and the LOD.

We also have a room/closet for reshop! However, it’s only because we’re going through a remodel right now, so I’m not sure how it’ll be when we’re done. I like having it in the closet though.

Trick is to act like you're going to change it after the remodel and just never do it. That's how my STL got away with it. It was supposed to be for FF, he never had that intention.

We have an area built for reshop. Kind of snuck it pass Corp. We sort in the room and the world's come grab the sorted carts. Reshop is pretty much under control for us and we're high volume. It's all done off stage.
One of the stores in my district has a door behind the service desk that leads directly into one of the backrooms, and they have a whole area set up for sorting reshop. I don't even deal with reshop normally and their setup still makes me jealous.

My store actually did something smart in regards to reshop. If I say it, it'll probably give me away.

Calling a team member every time there is a return would not work in our store. We're just too busy.
It doesn't work in most stores and yet they still do it.

You know we could do that with our GS now that all the OPU is directly behind the counter. If they would move the atm it would be perfect.

Yeah no, I don't see that happening. Maybe if you had great TMs and ETLs who were constant about enforcing new policies, but otherwise...

At my store District took away most of my carts and tried to leave me with 1 (I keep bringing back a second cart for softlines as soon as they leave). The idea was that if every TM checked in after breaks/clocking in then reshops wouldn't build up quite so much. My god the TMs damn near rebelled when we told them. My DTL told us that reshops need to be picked up every 15 mins, never said anything about calling after every return.

That seems like a lot. Just give your guest service TMs a walkie and a grid. They can call out reshops without having to go through the GSTL and the LOD.
Did I tell you all that I solved the 'there isn't enough carts' problem. Homeless love dumping other stores carts on our parking lot. Lots of of chain dept stores and grocery stores and red carts so I took one from a store miles away and have badged it with a big laminated sign that says its a frieght basket. It stays in the back room in a corner and only I use it. Every agreed with it and No one says nothing, I've had inspections and no one has said anything other that amusement about the odd red basket.

Trick is to act like you're going to change it after the remodel and just never do it. That's how my STL got away with it. It was supposed to be for FF, he never had that intention.
This is actually good advice except guest service is on the complete opposite side of my store from the front checklanes :( it’s just temporarily moved to the front for the remodel

Taken to the backroom? Why not just take them directly to the TM working no a particular area?

That assumes GS knows who is working a particular area, and there may not be anyone assigned to it at the moment or they're working pulls are finishing up another reshop cart, etc. Better to put it offstage and let the team know a full cart of (whatever) is in the backroom waiting for them.

Omg I hate when we have a certain ETL who makes us take full carts to the line. There’s normally only two of us and if one of us leaves to take a cart ALL THE WAY to the other side of the store the other TM will get backed up pretty fast

OK, I really need some help here! During the day we don't have anyone scheduled in hardlines until the closers come in between 4 and 6. Our softline team is already at their breaking point. There are times when we no one on the floor in softlines. When we have TMs in softlines all they do is push truck.
So, for those of you that are making this "no reshop at Guest Service" thing work, can you help me with this?

I’m SO GLAD we don’t have this stupid no reshop rule we have like 4 full ready to go carts at all times there’s actually no way we’d be able to do this

Back