Reshop at Guest Service?

Corrin

Beauty, Front End, Fulfillment
We had a visit today and they took our reshop tub/organization away. We were left with a two-tier which is probably going to be removed too soooo now we have literally nowhere to store reshop. Apparently every time we get a piece of reshop we have to call someone to get it. I think this is crazy but was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Funny how tubs behind a half-wall aren't "brand" but piles of returns tossed behind the counter or GS having to ignore guests in order to spend all their time on a walkie and sales floor also ignoring guests to spend all their time fetching reshop is totally "brand".

Seriously, Target, if you read this site--for fuck's sake stay away from micromanaging relatively out of site areas like the bins behind customer service as that definitely results in more visible crap everywhere for guests and/or product not on the floor for guests to purchase and will not help anything, ever.

We keep all the reshop in a closet now, I can’t imagine not being able to have bins or carts with how much there is at the end of the night :/

We lost our wall of bins last summer and have been using a row of shopping carts. No half-wall to disguise them. And there isn't enough room to move around with the carts because they're deeper (front to back) than the wall of bins was.

When a cart gets full, we push it out to the end of the checklanes, next to the card wall. And because hours are so bad lately, there's generally 6-8 carts stacked up over there waiting to be reshopped.

When I stopped in at my store today to do some shopping, I noticed that we now have a Z-rack instead of a cart for softlines. Wasn't there Saturday when I worked last. So I guess now we're going to have to re-hang returns? Wonder if they're going to try and get us to sort it all too. And what we're supposed to do with the non-clothing softlines stock.

My store did full carts for Seasonal, Toys, Regular Hardlines, Softlines, and Grocery with a full tub for cosmetics and electronics during 4Q. Now we’re back to a tub for Grocey, tub for Softlines, tub for Hardlines, and two mini tubs for electronics and cosmetics. I can’t inagine not having them.

We have it now too and it's about the worst thing Target has come up with. We had one guy today running back and forth picking up 1-3 items of reshop and turning back around and doing it again... for 8 hours.

Interesting some stores are just getting this now. When I was region 100 last year this was a requirement to have a hotel lobby at guest service.

It's doable but it just sucks. We have whoever came up to backup cashier take some reshop with them as they return to the floor

Interesting some stores are just getting this now. When I was region 100 last year this was a requirement to have a hotel lobby at guest service.

It's doable but it just sucks. We have whoever came up to backup cashier take some reshop with them as they return to the floor
This would theoretically work if we had anyone from the floor backing up but it doesn’t really work when you have one sales floor TM in the store from 5-10pm lol

Yeah it sucks we have one cart for all the gobacks. I even suggested at least two one for softlines so that they can just roll it to fitting room and another one for every other department and no go. It's a hassle especially when the gstl doesn't call for the LOD to pick them up and a ton of carts pile up.

We have NO reshop at GS. They truly call for someone to come "collect" it.... "Hey, A&A Team, we just had a return of 4 shirts, can someone come get them?" Then one of our TMs hustles over and collects the 4 shirts and immediately puts them on the floor. No dumping at the FR ! While it's not the most "efficient" in terms of workload ( it's a lot of additional steps for all TMs)...... we really have NO reshop "staged" anywhere in the store.

*also..... every time an A&A TM comes to the floor (beginning of shift, after break/lunch, etc.... they grab any of the reshop at GS (usually 1 or 2 items).

We have NO reshop at GS. They truly call for someone to come "collect" it.... "Hey, A&A Team, we just had a return of 4 shirts, can someone come get them?" Then one of our TMs hustles over and collects the 4 shirts and immediately puts them on the floor. No dumping at the FR ! While it's not the most "efficient" in terms of workload ( it's a lot of additional steps for all TMs)...... we really have NO reshop "staged" anywhere in the store.

*also..... every time an A&A TM comes to the floor (beginning of shift, after break/lunch, etc.... they grab any of the reshop at GS (usually 1 or 2 items).
Yeah our guests touch everything to where this is not feasible

That ain't going to work when it gets stupid busy, but ok waste a shit load of time..

This is what I've seen at a number of non Target stores in the area. It makes sense from the protective of it being far more sorted and easier to give to someone doing picking or OPU as they are running around on the floor. Or that person that is a cashier but there is also a self checkout person, yeah send them out to the floor for less than 5 min to a close by aisle. 5 sorted items is way more manageable to pass off then a full cart that's in a section, but unsorted.

Attachments

• D0790469-3A39-47C7-AF7B-7D3071E2B621.jpeg
    D0790469-3A39-47C7-AF7B-7D3071E2B621.jpeg
    731.1 KB · Views: 103
We’ve been doing this since last October. We literally call for someone to grab returns every time a guest returns something. It took about a week to get the team used to it and onboard, but we honestly have no reshop at guest service ever now. And there’s never 10+ god awful overflowing dumpster fires of carts of reshop to work. Seemed like it wouldn’t work at first, but it’s doable and the service desk looks much nicer. People grab returns when they come back from break, sales floor will do a lane sweep when they get off backup cashiering, if it’s slow a cashier/cart attendant will run out the handful of returns. Even flex will run returns back out if it’s a handful and they just stopped by and scanned in a pickup. It’s doable and then returns are just back out on the floor and not staged somewhere for someone at some point later in the day. Team effort. Even when I’m out and about I have time to run returns while doing laps since it’s never more than a handful.

This is what I've seen at a number of non Target stores in the area. It makes sense from the protective of it being far more sorted and easier to give to someone doing picking or OPU as they are running around on the floor. Or that person that is a cashier but there is also a self checkout person, yeah send them out to the floor for less than 5 min to a close by aisle. 5 sorted items is way more manageable to pass off then a full cart that's in a section, but unsorted.
I like the idea behind that one, but it looks tacky as hell. Grocery stores around here just toss it all in carts and push them off stage to be sorted later at night. And anything like that for Target would have to accommodate various sizes of items in different departments. In home decor you could have anything from a 3 inch succulent to a 5 foot tall painting.

I remember the hotel lobby bullshit. They wanted the Ritz Carlton, we gave them a Motel 6.

We’ve been doing this since last October. We literally call for someone to grab returns every time a guest returns something. It took about a week to get the team used to it and onboard, but we honestly have no reshop at guest service ever now. And there’s never 10+ god awful overflowing dumpster fires of carts of reshop to work. Seemed like it wouldn’t work at first, but it’s doable and the service desk looks much nicer. People grab returns when they come back from break, sales floor will do a lane sweep when they get off backup cashiering, if it’s slow a cashier/cart attendant will run out the handful of returns. Even flex will run returns back out if it’s a handful and they just stopped by and scanned in a pickup. It’s doable and then returns are just back out on the floor and not staged somewhere for someone at some point later in the day. Team effort. Even when I’m out and about I have time to run returns while doing laps since it’s never more than a handful.
I'm curious... did your store keep this up all through Q4?
Do people at your store actually like it now, or just tolerate it?
Do you have any sort of tub or cart to corral the returns in, even if its only briefly? Do they sit on the counter until the TM for that department comes up..?

We did keep it up all through Q4.

I don’t think anyone likes going up to get returns every time something gets returned, BUT...they do much prefer doing a few items at a time than 6 overflowing carts that no one’s done all day.

We don’t have a tub or anything. The service desk Tm sorts them neatly on the side counter at guest service. We still have the service desk set up, not IGS. And it’s roght outside the offices, so people route that way when they’re heading back from TMSC or break.

and having ran an actual hotel lobby, I posted exactly how idiotic the concept was. I stand by that assessment. We are a chain department store. Not a hotel.

@SFSFun bulky items could still use a cart, and they did that at the stores I saw but I have seen a full cart of HBA get handed off to someone. Nobody is getting that done as fast as a cart of picture frames. I've seen this at grosheries, but also at retail stores. I think it should be held off stage, but way better than at the end of the day calling out for 5 carts of reshop.

I certainly can't knock the results your store is getting. Most stores can only dream of this. However, I agree it's far from efficient. Multiple all of the time spent by each TM to collect the reshop over 7 days, times 4 weeks...that's a lot of lost hours each month. Target just doesn't know how to manage it logistics process once product leaves the DC.

I work at a R100 store, and I'm pretty sure we're banking on the fact that nobody important or high up will visit Guest Service because of its location in our store to get away with still having reshop carts. Screw that "call for reshop immediately" BS... half the time we don't have more than one person in hardlines.

Back