Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Because they can do most of it from hq or on an app.
A store near me has an hr tl only., for the last 5 years.
As long as it's a competent TL getting at least 35 hours a week, I can see it working. HR definitely needs a full-time leader on-site, IMO. An HR leader who's on the ball makes life so much easier for basically everyone else in the store.

As long as it's a competent TL getting at least 35 hours a week, I can see it working. HR definitely needs a full-time leader on-site, IMO. An HR leader who's on the ball makes life so much easier for basically everyone else in the store.
A great HR can make or break a stores morale. My ETL and I are not sitting around gossiping, getting coffee, walking around like peacocks. We’ve been in our roles for several years and my goal everyday is to take care of my team. What can I do to brighten their day? Sometimes it’s just listening, sometimes it’s providing ice cream on a warm day, sometimes it’s acknowledging their hard work with a treat. This all on top of making sure everyone gets paid accurately and making sure we don’t have any compliance issues. Trust me, ETL’s and TL’s forget about HR compliance rules that are there to protect you guys and the company.

It’s a 40 hour tl that also has opening and closing responsibilities. Small volume.

I've asked locally and gotten mixed replies, of the same variety. What's the official email format for an hr ETL of a store, if I only know the store number? I've heard it's something as simple as like t1234.etlhr@target.com but can anyone confirm the actual format

How long does it take to send out an offer letter, and for a start date to be issued, once leadership decides to hire a new TL?

I think spot is dangling a carrot at you. Try other job options
The hiring team already reached out and gave mr a start date range. I'm just waiting on my offer letter. I'm getting antsy because the interviewing process has taken a lot longer than I was anticipating.

The hiring team already reached out and gave mr a start date range. I'm just waiting on my offer letter. I'm getting antsy because the interviewing process has taken a lot longer than I was anticipating.
They always take awhile on all aspects of hiring - it doesn't matter if it's internal or external and the level they're hiring at doesn't matter either. Nothing is quick. If you still don't have an offer letter after a week follow up with the HR ETL of the store.

They always take awhile on all aspects of hiring - it doesn't matter if it's internal or external and the level they're hiring at doesn't matter either. Nothing is quick. If you still don't have an offer letter after a week follow up with the HR ETL of the store.
I'm familiar with how long it takes to get a job at a major company. I was just curious why that was though. I mean, don't they just have to fill out the requisition, put my personal information in, book a drug/background test, and we're good to go?

I'm familiar with how long it takes to get a job at a major company. I was just curious why that was though. I mean, don't they just have to fill out the requisition, put my personal information in, book a drug/background test, and we're good to go?
It's more like ETL HR pushes through the official paperwork and you're a go. Target does like to tell people they have a job and then the DSD tells them they have to hire someone else. I just saw it happen to a TL candidate in this last month.

It's more like ETL HR pushes through the official paperwork and you're a go. Target does like to tell people they have a job and then the DSD tells them they have to hire someone else. I just saw it happen to a TL candidate in this last month.
Gotcha. Damn that's crazy though. I would be so pissed if that were the case.

Hello HRs!

How do you guys feel about punch corrections, PTO/Unpaid Time Off Requests, and Availability Requests being in the MyTime app/Website?

I personally hate it since I can’t approve anything!

Hello HRs!

How do you guys feel about punch corrections, PTO/Unpaid Time Off Requests, and Availability Requests being in the MyTime app/Website?

Does everything just get approved automatically through the app now?

With the new changes, it is obvious corporate did not get buy in from stores, not like they would have. First, TMs and TLs can't see their avg hours on the app. Second, when someone requests time and it is approved, HR then has to go in on Mondays to ensure the person didn't request (and it gets approved) for more than 40 hours. Third, the increase in vouchers seems inevitable.
Finally, I'm not sure why they decided to fix something when it wasn't really broken. What about fixing other things first? Like, having more standard hours, holding TMs accountable, and ensuring employee safety because the guest is much more crazy than 10 years ago. Much more crazy!

Hello HRs!

Hate it. I’ve already had several team members come to me today because their paid time off was not approved and they were not paid for those days. Days off are not getting approved on time. Now I don’t know if someone has submitted a punch correction for the missing punches I am showing on my screen. It’s not a priority for the ETL’s just like getting trainings done.

Back