Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Welcome back! Out of curiosity, how many applications is your store getting these days? I was chatting with one of our HR experts today and she told me we're not even getting a quarter of the applications that we were getting last year. They're very worried about being able to staff for Q4.
Thank you! I remember always reading your posts and just knowing you’re good at your job! And last month we were getting about 10 a day, but as school is coming back, we’re getting maybe 3 or 4. And they usually are red on the assessment and we have to turn them down. Luckily we aren’t hiring at the moment.

Thank you! I remember always reading your posts and just knowing you’re good at your job! And last month we were getting about 10 a day, but as school is coming back, we’re getting maybe 3 or 4. And they usually are red on the assessment and we have to turn them down. Luckily we aren’t hiring at the moment.
Welcome back!

Great to have you back.
Nice to see you... so to speak.

Welcome back. I may have questions the next few weeks. The Hr process at my store is atrocious and I feel they either don’t know what they’re doing or withholding information from Team Leaders.

Welcome back. I may have questions the next few weeks. The Hr process at my store is atrocious and I feel they either don’t know what they’re doing or withholding information from Team Leaders.
Whatever you need!

Not looking forward to all the orientations that will need to be done. Our goal is about 100 new hires; depending on terms. Add these plus the D&I the company wants plus food and recognition it’s going to be busy. What about you?
Ugh I’m not looking forward to the days we have 2 orientations in one day and more than 4 a week. That’s gonna be a buzzkill. It’s going to be hell. I feel good but I just wish I had more support in the department!

Hi! I’m fairly new to this role and am glad to see this thread is active again. Looking forward to going through it and seeing what I can learn from my more experienced peers (and how I can help others)!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out! I love helping my fellow HR Experts!

My exec stated to me that our hiring goals for the season are half of what we hired last year 👀 if they are trying to leverage ODTMs to make up for it…...

we’re doomed!

My exec stated to me that our hiring goals for the season are half of what we hired last year 👀 if they are trying to leverage ODTMs to make up for it…...

we’re doomed!
I was hoping you'd say they were going to leverage OT to make up for it. You know, pay 1.5x the amount to people who can produce 2x what the seasonal hires can do.

And then I woke up from my dream...

we’re doomed!
Interesting. We already have a potential headcount for our hiring goals and that is not factoring in ODTM. What we don’t have is the payroll yet to bring these people on to start trading.

What's the policy on being paid for store closures? ik some people in central/southern florida that are being told target has to be closed for at least 48 hours for them to get anything

Back