Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Someone on Reddit has posted the new scheduling guidelines for positions. It says refer to current guidelines for Visual Merchandiser.

Could someone please share the current official scheduling guidelines for Visual Merchandisers?

The org chart still shows hrtm for 32-70 range. What volume are you?
We are ultra low volume. I used to average 35 hrs a wk in hrtm role, and the srtl kept around 24 in Hr srtl position.

But the stl said we were going to go to 24 hours in hr and implied it was for both positions combined, but wouldn't clarify. If so that basically eliminates the hrtm; as the srtl should have hours before the tm would, I should think.

I wasnt sure if this was a corporate move based on the changes or just the stl decision

Someone on Reddit has posted the new scheduling guidelines for positions. It says refer to current guidelines for Visual Merchandiser.

Could someone please share the current official scheduling guidelines for Visual Merchandisers?

Do you have the URL?

I noticed my peer, hrtl; checks in on me once a day. This didn't happen previously in the last year, is this normal?

Yep, they are at my store. They’ve already moved onto different departments. They do a little bit of hr here and there but not as much as they use to. Scheduling is done by teams leads and some etls help. Just started like a month ago.
Say it isn’t so ! I don’t want to do the schedule, too much pressure! Right now the SD does the schedule for the entire store, i’m Thankful for it cause we can tell tm’s “see her about your schedule, I have no control” , passing the buck is easy.

Anybody still create the calendar for the breakroom and if so where do you get ideas? Any photos would be appreciated!

Hey team!

How was payroll for you guys today? Mine wasn’t too bad since I had access to missing punches and absences

Anybody still create the calendar for the breakroom and if so where do you get ideas? Any photos would be appreciated!
There should be a quarterly recognition guide on Workbench that usually has a few good ideas. At the very least I’ll jot down the National ____ Day off of it to help fill in the calendar. I’ll also add any new launches coming up or brand expansions. I put down any volunteer events we have coming up. All birthdays and workiversaries are also added. After that it’s all about the food. Partner with your Leader to see what they want you to do - every one of them wants it different. Tied to a metric, tied to a relevant day (salad bar on national fresh veggies day, donuts on national donut day, you get the idea), some bless their souls could care less as long as nobody is bitching. After that ask your Team what they want. Ask them often, ask different TMs, ask when it’s hot and cold. Make a list of their answers to refer to throughout the year. Once you have decided on the food add it to the calendar! Then fill it in with stickers or if you’re artsy get funky and color it!

I also print up all of the FFF Events in big, bold font and put it in everyone’s mailbox, that way I have a hard copy I can refer to. Mine go back just over 4 years.
Hey team!

How was payroll for you guys today? Mine wasn’t too bad since I had access to missing punches and absences
And we’re good with payroll right now thank god. We scared our Team into a gentle state of paranoia about making sure they had all of their punches in 😁Plus it helps when it gets inhumanly muggy and nobody will come in to cover a call in!

Anyone in HR have any details on the Workday update coming in July?

I’m in the middle of a long overdue 3 day weekend so I won’t know much before Monday. But when I left on Thursday A LOT of the training stuff had migrated over to Workday. I can’t wait until it’s all done. It’ll be great for everyone to truly own their training and I won’t have to feel bad for lying about them getting it done on time. I’m willing to sacrifice a perfect metric for a couple of months so the Leaders learn that TMs can use the computers too.

I’m in the middle of a long overdue 3 day weekend so I won’t know much before Monday. But when I left on Thursday A LOT of the training stuff had migrated over to Workday. I can’t wait until it’s all done. It’ll be great for everyone to truly own their training and I won’t have to feel bad for lying about them getting it done on time. I’m willing to sacrifice a perfect metric for a couple of months so the Leaders learn that TMs can use the computers too.

I had no idea training was being moved to Workday! The site used to track it sucks!! Hell, the whole training system sucks from the training site to the risk console!! Fingers crossed that this is actually an improvement!!

Do you know if it will be tracked in Workday too? Where do I find out more of this change, please? Thank you!!

Changes are extensive to hiring, onboarding, and traini g.
I’ll be interested to see how they move JAS into Workday. That was always the one site they had that I never had any issues with. But I am super excited to not have to screen a ton of people and set up a bunch of interviews so we would have enough people to write a schedule and fill shifts. Going forward the TLs will let us know their hiring needs and then we prep interviews for them. HR is truly moving to a support role for the store instead of specialty.

I’ll be interested to see how they move JAS into Workday. That was always the one site they had that I never had any issues with. But I am super excited to not have to screen a ton of people and set up a bunch of interviews so we would have enough people to write a schedule and fill shifts. Going forward the TLs will let us know their hiring needs and then we prep interviews for them. HR is truly moving to a support role for the store instead of specialty.
Do we (TLs in other departments) get to look at the applications? My HR keeps giving me interviews with people who want 40 hours per week with limited availability, knowing that the TMs at our store are averaging like 8 hours per week right now.

I always print off the apps and let the Leaders review them first for an initial impression. If experience and availability don’t work with what we’re looking for we pass on them. Partner with your HR when you need someone and ask for the apps before they schedule an interview. With a lot of our usual tasks being eliminated it might be appreciated to have something else to fill their time! Or maybe I just have an etl that’s a bitch and I kinda feel like she both wants me to do her job and my job to be eliminated altogether. She has such a special way of making it feel like she absolutely wants both at the same exact time. It’s fun 🙂

Any HR people know what the TM benefits are for optical offhand? I can't remember what the poster in TSC says. I can look in store tomorrow, but I'm trying to make plans tonight if anyone knows.

Any HR people know what the TM benefits are for optical offhand? I can't remember what the poster in TSC says. I can look in store tomorrow, but I'm trying to make plans tonight if anyone knows.
Copay for the exam is $10.

Back