Revoke my title of DBO?? And Scheduling/Hours

So.. a higher up asked me if I wanted to be the DBO of a certain area I straight up said no because I like being a float because I’m not tryna work every single day, I.e 8 days straight. Also my store is not the best (rating is low, doesn’t make much money, hours being cut) which benefits me because that means I get scheduled exactly how I want (3 or 4 days on, then 3 or 4 days off). And I voiced that I don’t like hours and don’t want or need hours because I don’t want to be here longer than my scheduled time, there are people who actually need the hours and to give it to them instead of asking me because I say no every single time, and because I can survive financially working the short hours I work. Anyways I’m pretty sure I got put as a DBO of this one area that I said no to when I was asked and I’m going to be going on leave pretty soon, so is there a way to tell anyone to revoke my title as the dbo When I told the higher up i said no?
Also there’s the Desired Hours Survey, and every time I put 20 hours but they keep giving me 30+ hours and giving the people who actually need 40 hours less than 30.

Not really. Talk to your ETL and voice your concerns, and voice your hours needs. Change your availability to match your desired hours survey.

DBO in a lot of stores (pretty much my whole group for example) just assigns DBO to TMs. It's not an elevated position or anything but more of a staffing thing. You don't get paid less or more based on it so what's the point of "giving" or "revoking" DBO titles... Just talk to your exec.

Not really. Talk to your ETL and voice your concerns, and voice your hours needs. Change your availability to match your desired hours survey.

DBO in a lot of stores (pretty much my whole group for example) just assigns DBO to TMs. It's not an elevated position or anything but more of a staffing thing. You don't get paid less or more based on it so what's the point of "giving" or "revoking" DBO titles... Just talk to your exec.
Thank you, I was just confused on why my Store Director still made me the DBO when I told him no I don’t wanna be the DBO of that area and that I want to continue to be a float. Also my ETL is “scary” and I talked to them before and they told me that I wouldn’t be able to work there if I wanted any less hours. For example I was working 6 4hr shifts and I asked to work 1 less 4hr shift and they said “nah”. I don’t know, I’ll still try or I’ll talk to the HR if that’s a possibility?

Thank you, I was just confused on why my Store Director still made me the DBO when I told him no I don’t wanna be the DBO of that area and that I want to continue to be a float. Also my ETL is “scary” and I talked to them before and they told me that I wouldn’t be able to work there if I wanted any less hours. For example I was working 6 4hr shifts and I asked to work 1 less 4hr shift and they said “nah”. I don’t know, I’ll still try or I’ll talk to the HR if that’s a possibility?
Giveaway the extra shift/shifts!

Thanks. I will try not to be obtuse in the future. Acronyms and jargon are not really my thing but I realize it's target speak.

Talk to HR and tell them the maximum number of hours/shifts you are willing to work. If HR does not want to work with you, then give away the hours yourself.

Find the team members that need and want the extra hours.

When your schedule comes out, approach those team members and ask if they would like to take the shifts you do not want.

That way you can choose who gets the extra hours.

Back