Rfid scan

You are lucky to have two working RFID scanners ..... for some reason the battery doesn't work for the second one... and they don't replace batteries so only 1 RFID and 1 battery..... it was a struggle when the count was 100,000+

You didn't get a spare pack with two batteries in it? It sits in the cradle in that 3rd slot.. Just saying we have four batteries for two guns.

Help! I've never done the scan with a Zebra before (we were supposed to last week but due to a mixup...). I've never started the scan on my own before. One of my ETLs gave me step-by-step instructions, and my STL wants a perfect score this week, like 100 + %. Any advice? How different is it with the Zebra?

Help! I've never done the scan with a Zebra before (we were supposed to last week but due to a mixup...). I've never started the scan on my own before. One of my ETLs gave me step-by-step instructions, and my STL wants a perfect score this week, like 100 + %. Any advice? How different is it with the Zebra?

My advice is don't count on 100%.. other than that, I dont totally hate doing it on the zebra so far although it's a little frustrating without the beeps. Most of the time when you swipe down to refresh the counts, it won't actually do anything. I minimize the app for a moment and then go back into it and can refresh. Tap/swipe your screen every so often or the zebra will go into sleep mode and stop scanning. When you wake it back up you will have to go to the left tab and click "start inventory" again.

OMG. No beeps? Great.

It's frustrating but it's not awful. I typically do my laps and then I'll just focus on whatever dept has the most missing. You'll be able to refresh it after walking that section again to see how much you picked up, even if you don't have the beeps during the walk.

We've finished with abysmal scores (under 90%) the past few weeks, but the weekly report usually ends up showing 97% or higher.

My leadership is unhappy with the score unless its perfect. My STL closes on Wednesdays and you better believe the first words out of his mouth are about the scan when he comes in in the afternoon.

My leadership is unhappy with the score unless its perfect. My STL closes on Wednesdays and you better believe the first words out of his mouth are about the scan when he comes in in the afternoon.

Perfect won't happen - EVER. It is what they are all told to tell the person doing the scan. Until you have Zero theft and tagging is caught up %100 you will never get a perfect score. Or dead zones, or tags that can't be read due to a shelf, or packed in an assortment that can't be read.

They want a perfect score give us the hours to have a perfectly zoned and stocked store before we scan it.. Or better yet they can scan it..

<ok where is my whiskey, its been that kind of day> :confused:

So I got 98% and was over the expected # with 2000 extras. BRSRTL said to submit and just shook his head when I said the STL wants 100%. I'm a little nervous for the STL to come in, but what can I do? I was told to submit.

So I got 98% and was over the expected # with 2000 extras. BRSRTL said to submit and just shook his head when I said the STL wants 100%. I'm a little nervous for the STL to come in, but what can I do? I was told to submit.
Nobody gets 100%. You'll be fine.

Yeah, I don't know. The math is really weird. They've finished with like 95% before and the report will show 97.8% or something similar. We have not been over 98% once since we gave the scan over to softlines and since the extra stopped counting toward the %.

The BR SRTL said not to scan the salvage. My ETL who was LOD said to scan it though. Every department was over 90% except swimwear...which all went salvage this week. Yeah. I scanned the salvage.

We had 96% and 95% last week and scored well over 98% when the report bounced back. If you sent a 98% then maybe yours will bounce back higher too? I don't know. I just know that it doesn't add up and I miss the "missed counts" column. At least with that I could figure out where we needed to be in order to be green even if the zebra app wasn't calculating properly. I wonder though if the zebra is transmitting more information than the mydevice catches?

The BR SRTL said not to scan the salvage. My ETL who was LOD said to scan it though. Every department was over 90% except swimwear...which all went salvage this week. Yeah. I scanned the salvage.

Yep our numbers got really strange when we stopped scanning it, now that we scan it - better happier STL..

Yep our numbers got really strange when we stopped scanning it, now that we scan it - better happier STL..
Salvage is no longer included - apparently. (As in, AFAIK, removed after the fact)
I was missing tons of swim as well and expect the metric on myperformance to reflect that it was removed next week.

From an email by the Ops Director: if you scan salvage (items that are out of the system), these items will be added back to the RFID list and then you will be expected to find them the next week as well. Except, the next week, those items aren't in your store anymore, so they will come up as missed and the new salvage items you scan will be extras. So, on a week when there is a lot of salvage, you will look green because you got a lot of hits, but when that is all shipped out of the store and salvage is small the following week, you will have no chance to be green. By making an effort to avoid salvage, you will make hitting green easier. Hope that makes sense.

From an email by the Ops Director: if you scan salvage (items that are out of the system), these items will be added back to the RFID list and then you will be expected to find them the next week as well. Except, the next week, those items aren't in your store anymore, so they will come up as missed and the new salvage items you scan will be extras. So, on a week when there is a lot of salvage, you will look green because you got a lot of hits, but when that is all shipped out of the store and salvage is small the following week, you will have no chance to be green. By making an effort to avoid salvage, you will make hitting green easier. Hope that makes sense.
With the new rollout of RFID on zebra instead of apple/honeywell devices, the redwire mentioned salvage now being excluded I believe. Only skimmed it though so I don't recall exact wording.

I think my problem with their system is this: Girls swimwear was salvaged out on Monday. When I went to scan on Tuesday it was still on the RFID list. For whatever reason I was reading a 47% on the score. I went back to get the wave to scan the hanging softlines and got too close to a salvage pallet while talking to the backroom TM who had the wave and suddenly my swimwear score has jumped from 47% to 92%. I guess if we KNOW something has been salvaged then we just ignore the fact that the score would be a failing a grade for us? What if we don't know it's been salvaged and spend hours and hours and HOURS trying to get that score up? There has to be a better way of doing this. ><

I guess if we KNOW something has been salvaged then we just ignore the fact that the score would be a failing a grade for us?
Unless it's taken out of consideration when the score is calculated, which is why everyone's scores seem to jump a few points higher than what showed on the scan day.

so scanning for the first time with iOS device this week.. Just to make sure I can't let the scanner or iOS device die or else I'm screwed with the scan right.

so scanning for the first time with iOS device this week.. Just to make sure I can't let the scanner or iOS device die or else I'm screwed with the scan right.
The scanner can die, and you can replace the battery, but if you even jiggle the ipod the wrong way, you could lose everything.

Back