Rfid scan

Anyone know if encoding is possible with zebra. We were about to send back my devices when noticed that encoding is not on zebra.

Completed scanning Hardlines floor at 80%. Blew my mind on that high number. Scanned the back room and only went as high as 94% where I usually get 97%when nearing completion. Ugh.

We 3m velcroed a ipod to the scanner plus one of those batteries we sell in electronics so we can keep that ipod charged.
One of the ipod mydevices the top broke early on. We had a former TM would had an Iphone would take it out and charge it on his lunch. It is one of our surviving four because there was nothing wrong with it because it was always properly charnged. (those honeywell shells are forever shitty)

No. Do we actually get a MyDevice that is charged(we label one for RFID but its been taken multiple times by overnight). Will we actually get to scan and not work a hour long stupid huddle. Will I get it to the point that when I leave they can actually finish it. ETL breathing down my neck every 15min of how many counts, TL trying to use two guns so we get done faster(which I doubt we can do since data is stored in handheld). So it's a fun day. Last week he did this weeks scan and they submitted both so who knows what will happen this week cause it is already done.

Now they already trying to jam phase II crap on us. But cutting hours at the same time.
Techically it should work because the streams should combine together. Will it? That depends on how well the app was coded.

What we have done in my store is:

The myDevice designated for RFID is permanently stored in the STLs office.

We requisitioned an item called 'Outdoor Tech Kodiak Power Bank.' What this item does is, when connected to a myDevice, it extends the life of the myDevice so that it will maintain a full charge throughout the shift. We found that a fully charged myDevice registers scans more quickly (whether or not this is beneficial is TBD). Both the power bank and myDevice fit comfortably in a myDevice holster.

The catch?

You must remove the actual ipod from the red scanning cartridge so that is can be connected to the power bank. None of the bits our PMT were small enough, so, we visited the local hardware store to find the correct size. Apparently removing the myDevice is against some sort of Target law, but, WHATEVER!?!!?... We are getting our scans in unimpeded by the errors associated with a myDevice running on a low battery.

What I don't understand is why our STL thinks he has quarentine that one myDevice in his office for the whole week. We can plug any myDevice into the power bank and run on full charge!
Its against best practices to remove the shitty honeywell scanner from the ipod but the shitty honeywell scanner is what is killing them anyway so you did the smart thing. Besides you dont need a scanner to use the rfid

I keep trying to tell them but they won't listen, since I have done stuff like this before. I knew it when the data was stored on the handheld, it never has the chance to merge and delete dupes which takes longer than you think. Why spot didn't bother. But they keep shoving the idea out there.

How about we get good with one and get it solid before we "get fancy" K? K.

And what is weird? I still like my job. Really I do.
This is why I said it should. Its the app thats the problem there. Which is why I am glad I am in HL area without it.

Last edited:
Locate function is on the Zebra RFID app now! But it doesn't beep, so it's pretty much useless unless you want to walk around staring at the screen instead of where you're walking.

So I guess you can't miss a scan day. We were under the impression that the scan had to be done in by Thursday and we could scan anytime from Tuesday to Thursday so we didn't scan tursday.. came in today and only saw the scan for HL and not SL.

Techically it should work because the streams should combine together. Will it? That depends on how well the app was coded.

I'm gonna test it out tomorrow. I think it will work cause someone else did the scan and today and if I went to rfid on my zebra I was able to see there numbers... Tomorrow I'm gonna take my zebra and scan, put it down take another zebra and sled and see if it updates on both... If it works it will make scanning SL way faster.

I'm gonna test it out tomorrow. I think it will work cause someone else did the scan and today and if I went to rfid on my zebra I was able to see there numbers... Tomorrow I'm gonna take my zebra and scan, put it down take another zebra and sled and see if it updates on both... If it works it will make scanning SL way faster.

If you have two people to scan... and if two people take half the time that might be great but it's no different on payroll than if one person takes the full time. Or am I missing something here?

We've had two people scan with both zebras in my store. You should be able to.

If you have two people to scan... and if two people take half the time that might be great but it's no different on payroll than if one person takes the full time. Or am I missing something here?

Payroll wise it's the same. but the amount of time spent would be different. Right now I spend about 6-7 hours scanning cause stl wants the highest score possible. That leaves me 1-2 hours to see how my team is doing+any projects for the day+ lunch.. if the flow TL can jump in with me and spend 3 hours then that would give me 5ish.

So, busiest week of the year and we still have to scan. They sent out a notice with scan dates but they were just the same dates we're currently scanning. They could have just said, RFID scans will continue through the holidays with no break. Sux that I have so much to do this week and 2 RFID scans as well. :p *sigh*

Another scan day tomorrow... we've been getting so much in trucks (double trucks) that I'm almost afraid to see the numbers tomorrow. -_-

So, busiest week of the year and we still have to scan. They sent out a notice with scan dates but they were just the same dates we're currently scanning. They could have just said, RFID scans will continue through the holidays with no break. Sux that I have so much to do this week and 2 RFID scans as well. :p *sigh*

Yeah we will just stop picking and packing SFS to scan your RFID, sure we will.. I believe that hardlines and softlines will be doing it this week.. cause we ain't got time for that shit!

Haha guess who didn't get scheduled for the SL scan this week :) One of my TLs has to do it instead.

Lucky you! I've a feeling I'm NEVER getting out of these stupid scans. :p Enjoy the freedom while you have it... or um, nvm... cause I know you don't have any freedom at work. ><

Lucky you! I've a feeling I'm NEVER getting out of these stupid scans. ><

Yep, if I'm there, I'm doing it. My ETL wanted me on the Thanksgiving/BF late-night/ON prep team, but couldn't because I do the scan on Wednesdays. Yet they do not schedule me appropriately for the scan. Coming in at 6 or 8 would be nice, and shift tagging me RFID (which they've done for the HL folks). Instead they'll schedule me under fitting room and have me come in at random times. Also, our HL TLs take turns doing their scan. SL is all me and im just a tm. And then I get attitude when I cannot scan the hanging backstock because I am not trained on the wav.

Yep, if I'm there, I'm doing it. My ETL wanted me on the Thanksgiving/BF late-night/ON prep team, but couldn't because I do the scan on Wednesdays. Yet they do not schedule me appropriately for the scan. Coming in at 6 or 8 would be nice, and shift tagging me RFID (which they've done for the HL folks). Instead they'll schedule me under fitting room and have me come in at random times. Also, our HL TLs take turns doing their scan. SL is all me and im just a tm. And then I get attitude when I cannot scan the hanging backstock because I am not trained on the wav.

I actually did the scan on Wednesday and worked 4am to 12pm only to come back at 12am to 8am Thursday. Trust me, I don't recommend it, except for the part where it got me out of working Thanksgiving evening.

I'm trained on the wave but by the time I get to where I can scan hanging backstock, the backroom looks like a cyclone hit it and there's no room for the wave. >< I'm still doing the HL scan too.... softlines on Tuesday, domestics on Wednesday. I really wish HL would take over their scan. :p

You don't need the WAV; the RFID gun will pick items up scanning from the ground.

Today sucked so bad it hurt. 92% after 8 hours of intense scanning with only a 45 minute break in the middle. Last week was 95% - I just don't know why today was soooooo bad. -_- Wanted to scream but my ETL told me he trusted me to do the best I could and go ahead and send it. They were having enough trouble being buried under SFS - having ETLs/TLs/ and the whole dang Plano team helping the regular SFS team pick and pack. So, RFID wasn't really a priority to him. Still irritates me, though. I hate getting a bad score. ><

Back