Rfid scan

What is considered project Berlin? Dept is 259. Softlines is not my work center, so I'm not familiar with all the department numbers.

What is considered project Berlin? Dept is 259. Softlines is not my work center, so I'm not familiar with all the department numbers.
I assumed that Prologue had been code named Project Berlin, since prologue wasn't in my list last week but Berlin was, at about the same OHs

So, how are you all liking the "every other week" scan now? We just got told a week ago that we don't have to scan every week anymore. It was really helpful this week when I had a bunch of basics to reset. :)

So, how are you all liking the "every other week" scan now? We just got told a week ago that we don't have to scan every week anymore. It was really helpful this week when I had a bunch of basics to reset. :)
We don't start not scanning until next week. So I'll let you know! For me it means I'll probably have low hours every other week. I was looking forward to getting 4th of July pay but at least I'll be off for it for once!

We don't start not scanning until next week. So I'll let you know! For me it means I'll probably have low hours every other week. I was looking forward to getting 4th of July pay but at least I'll be off for it for once!

Guess that makes sense that they would stagger the regions so that there is scanning every week. Cuts their load in half for processing time I suppose. In my case I wear too many hats and having one less hat every other week means getting more workload done.

Guess that makes sense that they would stagger the regions so that there is scanning every week. Cuts their load in half for processing time I suppose. In my case I wear too many hats and having one less hat every other week means getting more workload done.
I wear 5 hats and I still work 30 or less hours, most of the time these days. Some weeks I only work one shift in my primary work center.

Does your leadership take any interest in the RFID scan process? Ours is assigned to TMs and they simply do the scan and make sure the numbers are acceptable to send but there is no real communication. Only my ETL-AP knew that the scan was going to bi-weekly and if they hadn't told me I wouldn't have known.

Yeah surprise "create task" screen today. I took my best guess (which turned out to be right), cause no one in the building knew what to choose.

Yeh, I came in this morning flustered. I'm drowning in other things I need/have to do and RFID really destroys my ability to get anything else done for the day. I have the worst of the scans to do. Whereas domestics is around 10K DPCI's, A&A is usually around 80 or 90K and then there's the issue of SFS losing the other gun and I had to wait for it to recharge THREE times today because our battery charging station only works half the time and A&A really chews through the battery.

In hindsight the "task list" should have been easy to figure out and I feel really stupid that it threw me. I started this job calling our side of the store "softlines" and I still think of it that way so for whatever reason the A&A did not click as "softlines" and I ended up hitting the bottom button that activated the whole store. Now, after I did it, I realized it was wrong but it would not let me back out and change it. Once you hit a button you are stuck because the only way to *dump* it is to send in the score and I had a feeling that would just make it worse. So, guess what? I ended up scanning the whole damn store, even electronics. I logged well over 13K steps and ended up with a score of just over 90%. -_-

Now my ETLAP seems to think we can go ahead and scan again tomorrow (and scan domestics) like it's supposed to be... but...can we? I don't know. And are there still "set days" for scanning areas (ie: are we still scanning on Tues/Wed) OR do we just scan whenever we want during the week? Anybody know? Cause if my ETLs do, I haven't been able to find out. :p

I don't think it would let you create a second task including areas you've already worked in this week. Me too, A&A doesn't say "softlines" to me either ("style" now) and I didn't realize what it meant until my ETL came in so I could ask. Thankfully today was our domestics day. My ETL said there aren't set days, but theyre flexible within the 3-day window. We're just sticking to the schedule we're used to.

Yeh, I came in this morning flustered. I'm drowning in other things I need/have to do and RFID really destroys my ability to get anything else done for the day. I have the worst of the scans to do. Whereas domestics is around 10K DPCI's, A&A is usually around 80 or 90K and then there's the issue of SFS losing the other gun and I had to wait for it to recharge THREE times today because our battery charging station only works half the time and A&A really chews through the battery.

In hindsight the "task list" should have been easy to figure out and I feel really stupid that it threw me. I started this job calling our side of the store "softlines" and I still think of it that way so for whatever reason the A&A did not click as "softlines" and I ended up hitting the bottom button that activated the whole store. Now, after I did it, I realized it was wrong but it would not let me back out and change it. Once you hit a button you are stuck because the only way to *dump* it is to send in the score and I had a feeling that would just make it worse. So, guess what? I ended up scanning the whole damn store, even electronics. I logged well over 13K steps and ended up with a score of just over 90%. -_-

Now my ETLAP seems to think we can go ahead and scan again tomorrow (and scan domestics) like it's supposed to be... but...can we? I don't know. And are there still "set days" for scanning areas (ie: are we still scanning on Tues/Wed) OR do we just scan whenever we want during the week? Anybody know? Cause if my ETLs do, I haven't been able to find out. :p
Workbench says you can scan any day from Tuesday - Friday. Any departments you choose as long as they get done. I’m the only person that does rfid, so I’m assuming I’m doing softlines and domestics tomorrow because I know no one did anything today. I was told when this rolled out that electronics will do their own, so I guess that’s happening. Who the hell knows. Bet if I ask the LOD tomorrow they won’t have a clue.

Workbench says you can scan any day from Tuesday - Friday. Any departments you choose as long as they get done. I’m the only person that does rfid, so I’m assuming I’m doing softlines and domestics tomorrow because I know no one did anything today. I was told when this rolled out that electronics will do their own, so I guess that’s happening. Who the hell knows. Bet if I ask the LOD tomorrow they won’t have a clue.

Thank you! Now I'll have to check with my ETLs tomorrow to see how they're handling it. I don't even think they know electronics just entered the mix. I wonder though if you can scan any dept more than once or if you only get one go around? Hrmm... be interesting to find out tomorrow.

Thank you! Now I'll have to check with my ETLs tomorrow to see how they're handling it. I don't even think they know electronics just entered the mix. I wonder though if you can scan any dept more than once or if you only get one go around? Hrmm... be interesting to find out tomorrow.
It's just the Hey Day stuff for electronics. Fan Central should also be included but I was told it would fall under domestics. I wasn't given an exact date so I'm not sure if both of those are included yet but I heard there were coming this month. Guess I'll see shortly!

Well, I was told to do all yet I'm still working my 6.5 hour shift that I work just to do softlines and that takes pretty much all my time to get a decent score so this will be fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20180711_060511473_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180711_060511473_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Good luck. Do NOT try to get a good score. You will set the bar too high for yourself. Hope you get about 90. Decent but not good. Your profile pic/ username is the perfect response, lol.

Last edited:
Well, I was told to do all yet I'm still working my 6.5 hour shift that I work just to do softlines and that takes pretty much all my time to get a decent score so this will be fun.

6.5 include lunch or without? I had 6.15 not counting lunch and I put 13K steps on my pedometer and only broke 90%...scanning the whole store.

Back