Rfid scan

Is there any realistic way to get to 100%? We can get 97% maybe 98% but our STL wants us to be at 99% every week. I'd say you can get 80% through just softlink on the floor then your trying to get the rest 7% in hardliners and 10% in the backroom. Then you are searching for that 3% to even get close to 97%-98%. One week another TM scanning had 5,000 extras. Thats just nuts. Is there any realistic way to get it to at least 98% I'm scheduled to do it tomorrow from 7-1:30. Which not taking a lunch I'd rather leave at 1. We're pulling our hair out with their unrealistic 99%. Getting to 80k after SL pretty easy then getting the rest isn't too bad, but that last 3% trying to get what it still says your missing that's the hard part. Any suggestions? Do you climb ladders in the backroom use the wave? or can the sled reach that far. I stood in one location in the backroom for about five min and I just kept counting things, don't know what it was counting but it was adding towards my goal. Again any suggestions let me know. Thanks

You will never get a %100. Ever.. Why? Things get stolen or are hidden behind other crap, you can't pull everything out on every shelf, you can't fight dead zones, things not tagged from fitting room/guest services. You can with some hard work get to the acceptable number but %100 it can't happen since theft. Our STL finally stopped bitching about it when we asked how can you get a %100 with theft and things that come through the door without tags we have no hours to tag? I find stuff every week that should be tagged but isn't but there isn't time to actually tag it so it never gets counted. Shopping carts worth of stuff. "Oh well we will have get it tagged for next week." and that never happens.

We look at the highest missing counts areas and concentrate on those after we feel we are close. Yes we climb ladders in the back, use the wave to check for stuff up in the steel. Change scanner batteries every couple hours so the range of the scanner stays strong, walk the back room and sales floor multiple times. And I refuse to believe that spot actually knows what they are looking for. And they can't be bothered to make sure after doing this for months that everything that should be tagged is actually tagged before it comes through the door.

Our store had over 3000 extra last week ( which they subtract off your scan total ) making it virtually impossible to hit goal of 98% +

Had roughly 3500 missing and 3000 extra this week.

I'm convinced that the salvage (which we're not supposed to count) isn't being taken out of our count until after RFID is done. I wonder how much of the xtra is that salvage. But yeh, there's no way the two numbers match like that without there being something off with the process.

Looking at the report a decent amount from the previous scan that was missing is salvage so it seems that you pick up salvage during week 1. It was already removed from the system so it gets added back. Week 2 all that added salvage is gone so it's missing and you get the current week's as extra to repeat the cycle. Obviously doesn't account for everything but definitely doesn't help.

When you're down a softlines aisle in the backroom and you see casepacks that are backstocked, you want to get the scanner fairly close to those. There could literally be 100 eaches in that casepack and the scanner get easily confused when it has to count that many compacted items.

As far as getting 99%? You basically have no chance unless you want to waste a ridiculous amount of payroll searching for a few hundred hits.

Had roughly 3500 missing and 3000 extra this week.

Looking at the report a decent amount from the previous scan that was missing is salvage so it seems that you pick up salvage during week 1. It was already removed from the system so it gets added back. Week 2 all that added salvage is gone so it's missing and you get the current week's as extra to repeat the cycle. Obviously doesn't account for everything but definitely doesn't help.
Now watch, somebody is going to tell that to their ETL and they will come up with a rule where all Salvage must be held in receiving for two weeks so it can be scanned during the count.

Now watch, somebody is going to tell that to their ETL and they will come up with a rule where all Salvage must be held in receiving for two weeks so it can be scanned during the count.
That would be even worse!
They just need to fix it so anything salvage is removed or that RFID day is always the day after a sweep and halt the pricing workload for that day. I don't think any of those will ever happen.

I just want to scream. The last couple weeks I have not been able to finish the scan due to the equipment not working. Today was going great. I went on my lunch and was doing quite well, and passed the stuff off to another tm. When I got back, I was told the mydevice was charging, but the charger stopped working. When I left a few hours later, the thing was still charging and said low battery. I was getting dang close to that 98%. My STL is very upset that we've been red, and from what my one TL says, leadership is pinning it all on softlines. Its the equipment! But of course they have to have a scapegoat. If I'm so damn bad at RFID, get somebody else to do it. I'm starting to want to either call out or swap for a closing shift on scan days if this is what I'm going to have to deal with.

GRRR.... first time I've been dumped. I was at 86K out of 89K at 11am PST and it dumped me. Had to start over from 0. Even though it held the scan with that "held for 15 minutes" when we opened it it said someone else was doing the scan and wouldn't allow us to activate it so we had to start over. I was at 50K when I had to hand off to the next TM. Right before I handed off the darn thing logged me out. I was freaking out but it was still *beeping* so I quickly logged back in and fortunately it was right where I left it. Last I heard they'd reached nearly 87K out of 89K (and some odd change). Sucks. We were yellow last week. Hopefully we'll be yellow and not red next week. :p

Anybody ever have their RFID scanner spazz out? Generally the back light flashes indicating it has already gotten a tag but it is usually in an on and off fashion. The light on our gun today was flickering but never actually went off.... meaning it stayed on the entire time and the batteries were getting hot and I think I changed them like four or five times during my scan. After my scan dumped and we had to start over it was flashing in a more normal off and on pattern.

Anybody ever have their RFID scanner spazz out? Generally the back light flashes indicating it has already gotten a tag but it is usually in an on and off fashion. The light on our gun today was flickering but never actually went off.... meaning it stayed on the entire time and the batteries were getting hot and I think I changed them like four or five times during my scan. After my scan dumped and we had to start over it was flashing in a more normal off and on pattern.
I don't recall if it stayed on solid (mostly) like that, but I had a scanner get incredibly hot, almost burning my hand, eating batteries from full to dead in less than 2 hours, and picking tags up REALLY well one day. Until it decided to red light/error out and crash checkpoint and lose it all when I had 10 minutes left in my shift.

I don't recall if it stayed on solid (mostly) like that, but I had a scanner get incredibly hot, almost burning my hand, eating batteries from full to dead in less than 2 hours, and picking tags up REALLY well one day. Until it decided to red light/error out and crash checkpoint and lose it all when I had 10 minutes left in my shift.

OUCH! I feel your pain. I had an hour and a half left in my shift. Our scanner wasn't picking up well like yours. The TM who spells me during lunch usually kills my count from anywhere between 500 to 1000 but today she couldn't get more than a few beeps while I was gone.

Lost my scan 45 minutes in with the gun sitting at 11K in the backroom. The rest of the day I kept taking pics of the scan after I'd finish chunks of the floor. I wanted to be able to say "LOOK, we ARE doing it! It's just NOT working." So, of course it didn't dump the scan again. :p I had over 2K missing and around 1700 extra. I avoided scanning the salvage this time since last week we couldn't scan it because the scan dumped twice and by the time we got around to that point the salvage was already on the truck to go. So my question is this - how the heck do you have 1700 EXTRA on the floor?

Then there was this issue: 170 Missed in Bath; 120 XTRA in bath; an endcap of 50 EV SUM towels that is NOT RFID coded (and only God knows if there are other EV SUM towels in the backroom); and Price Change telling me that they have neither clearanced NOR salvaged bath products or towels any time recently. Um... something doesn't add up here.

Note: EV SUM does not RFID code their bath towels... check if you have them on hand.

Lost my scan 45 minutes in with the gun sitting at 11K in the backroom. The rest of the day I kept taking pics of the scan after I'd finish chunks of the floor. I wanted to be able to say "LOOK, we ARE doing it! It's just NOT working." So, of course it didn't dump the scan again. :p I had over 2K missing and around 1700 extra. I avoided scanning the salvage this time since last week we couldn't scan it because the scan dumped twice and by the time we got around to that point the salvage was already on the truck to go. So my question is this - how the heck do you have 1700 EXTRA on the floor?

Then there was this issue: 170 Missed in Bath; 120 XTRA in bath; an endcap of 50 EV SUM towels that is NOT RFID coded (and only God knows if there are other EV SUM towels in the backroom); and Price Change telling me that they have neither clearanced NOR salvaged bath products or towels any time recently. Um... something doesn't add up here.

Note: EV SUM does not RFID code their bath towels... check if you have them on hand.
What is EV SUM? I've been sitting here trying to figure it out, but it's not coming to me. Lol.

Also I had a lot of bath and A New Day missing. I still managed to get to 98% but I could not find the 400+ items (the combined total from those two departments) and it really bothered me.

What is EV SUM? I've been sitting here trying to figure it out, but it's not coming to me. Lol.

Also I had a lot of bath and A New Day missing. I still managed to get to 98% but I could not find the 400+ items (the combined total from those two departments) and it really bothered me.

My top 2 were also bath and a new day... hmmmmm... barely made it to 98%, but quit as soon as I did!

My top 2 were also bath and a new day... hmmmmm... barely made it to 98%, but quit as soon as I did!

A new day and one infant girls were my two biggies and its so fun not having an ETL at the moment since only two of you and 100+ Rigs no one told you about(I knew cause Breakroom) but had to act shocked.. What fun trying to RFID scan and shoot Rigs at the same time..

Everyone who is still getting 98%.. you're doing that without the extras?
Yes, because extras don't count. I stop once I get a few items over what is needed for 98%. The only time I got 97.7% is when the my device crapped out when I had almost half, 69000 items, of my total scan. Then I had to run through to get back all the time I lost.

I find it easier for me to get 98% when it wants 115,000 vs 100,000. I walk back through areas and get small hits. I usually have to hit up the backroom and staged soft lines from the previous day's truck about 2-3 times to get most everything.

Back