Archived Right Size remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
So my store has received numerous pallets of fixtures that say for right sizing remodel...

what do this mean?

Departments are going to be moved around, some will grow and others will shrink. Grocery will expand and you may lose a checklane or two. We had four GS registers before and after right sizing we only have 3. It's not a HUGE huge change but enough to be a nusance. Ours happened 5 years ago and to this day I still get people asking me where we moved the diapers (they used to be in hba and they moved to infant/toddler in softlines).

Departments are going to be moved around, some will grow and others will shrink. Grocery will expand and you may lose a checklane or two. We had four GS registers before and after right sizing we only have 3. It's not a HUGE huge change but enough to be a nusance. Ours happened 5 years ago and to this day I still get people asking me where we moved the diapers (they used to be in hba and they moved to infant/toddler in softlines).

We just had a Pfresh remodel in July though where the same thing happened.. We got the new prototype that includes Destination beauty as well as the domestic's expanded selection ... What gives?

Hmmm I don't know then, why would they not do it at the same time as your pfresh remodel?

Maybe right sizing is different from store to store. Maybe it's just a term used when some small changes are happening but not quite enough to call it a full blown remodel.

Hmmm I don't know then, why would they not do it at the same time as your pfresh remodel?

Maybe right sizing is different from store to store. Maybe it's just a term used when some small changes are happening but not quite enough to call it a full blown remodel.

Well that's annoying thanks anyway

We finished our remodel two years ago. People still get pissed about how we're always moving stuff around. A while back someone complained about how they hated how HBA moved to a different floor (two floor Target) but that's literally the only section that didn't change locations.

We finished our remodel two years ago. People still get pissed about how we're always moving stuff around. A while back someone complained about how they hated how HBA moved to a different floor (two floor Target) but that's literally the only section that didn't change locations.

Thats so funny. I wonder how some people even make out of bed in the morning.

If I remember correctly, a right sized remodel is for total use of store footage. Mostly in p2001 stores, I think.

remodel

right sizing and remodel are two different things. right sizing is just small moves. we had a right sizing a few years ago, when we moved mini, back by seasonal.

a remodel would be when more than 50% of the store is moving type of thing. what is amazing is this stuff is showing up, and you are not aware of anything going on in your store? that is a little crazy. with our right sizing, we knew months before even a year before, we received trailer loads of pallets of things that were stored either outside under a tarp or in the rented trailers. We are going pfresh starting june of next year. we have been talking about getting ready for it for at least 6 months now. So how can something that large be going on in your store and everyone not know about it?

Thats so funny. I wonder how some people even make out of bed in the morning.

it's been ten years or so since our remodel when the pharmacy was added. hba used to be across the store. still today, guests are saying just last week the deodorant was here where did you move it too? So totally agree, how do some people get out of bed. had a guest today, looking for TP. We were standing in the baby gons, i said you look straight ahead on your left about 20 ft. wow, i looked down the aisle i didn't look on the back there. hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back