Archived Rigs/research

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store all instock TMs are flow TMs. With almost daily reminders at huddle about overstock and pushing properly from the TMs who do instocks, the flow team has become fairly accurate.

At my store all instock TMs are flow TMs. With almost daily reminders at huddle about overstock and pushing properly from the TMs who do instocks, the flow team has become fairly accurate.

Ours do that head nod of we hear you like mom we don't listen to.

I'm just baffled you guys have two to three people on a day. I'm always by myself maybe one day a week with another. Person
It's normally just Mon/Tues that we have multiple people (ignoring RFID scan day) otherwise occasionally 2 but generally 1 person. I just happen to usually be there not alone.

Certain TLs at my store own certain blocks, I'm not sure why someone that's main job is to focus on certain areas decides to never scan it and instead leave it to instocks. I have 1 full-time and 1 part-time TM, there's no way any one or two people can scan the store that in-depth to matter beyond maybe outs.

Becomes a hassle when my mid BR has to pull massive pulls and my only instocks TM has to work them out.

Hello, any backroom help. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with locating water pipo pallets. I locate then when it sends us to pull. It asks to pull the whole pallet, so normally I tell my team just to send 4 cases of water then locate the remaining, which is the capacity of the location, but normally it doesn't all go out. Now I've validated counts on the floor, updated capacity. Changed groupings, but nothing works. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Hello, any backroom help. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with locating water pipo pallets. I locate then when it sends us to pull. It asks to pull the whole pallet, so normally I tell my team just to send 4 cases of water then locate the remaining, which is the capacity of the location, but normally it doesn't all go out. Now I've validated counts on the floor, updated capacity. Changed groupings, but nothing works. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

You are not alone, I know it pulls the entire pallet when we pull it as well. Water is also one of those things that never is right as far as count goes cause the cashiers always miss that under the cart.. Our backroom guys will ask us how many we want and pull that out for us. Or take a walk out and look and guess what will fit. 4 or 24 cases, pull that. But you are right its not counting right. I wonder if it could be cause some stores are doing bulk water by the pallet on the floor? We are not one of them.

Thanks
As research goes for pipo water, I almost never research it, for that exact reason. I'll check it every other day or so, and if it needs it, I'll just grab the pallet jack and take the whole pallet out and push till full. Since it's pipo you shouldn't have to subtract the count.

I can't wait for the "Market Team" to start and have complete ownership of everything in Market. Then I won't have to deal with the Water/Juice Wall issues, or the overstocking of merchandise.

I've started to just train our market TM's to check the water all the time (And by train, I mean remind them repeatedly). Thankfully we have some good folks over there that actually WANT to make sure its full, so they don't get called over at some inconvenient time to do it.

Thanks

You are not alone, I know it pulls the entire pallet when we pull it as well. Water is also one of those things that never is right as far as count goes cause the cashiers always miss that under the cart.. Our backroom guys will ask us how many we want and pull that out for us. Or take a walk out and look and guess what will fit. 4 or 24 cases, pull that. But you are right its not counting right. I wonder if it could be cause some stores are doing bulk water by the pallet on the floor? We are not one of them.
Make sure the locations where you store the water are grouped as open stock. If it's grouped as case stock or receiving/remote it will try to pull a case (aka the whole pallet).

All of our ground level and 2nd shelf pallet spaces in bulk are grouped as open stock and we never have a problem.

SFSFun - thx for the clue. One thing I don't do is set up for backroom locations. I can pull/backstock but actually setting up things as locations - nope.. I guess I get to learn.. I know my TL won't mind me playing with a location or two. He was shocked I could print BR location labels.

SFSFun - thx for the clue. One thing I don't do is set up for backroom locations. I can pull/backstock but actually setting up things as locations - nope.. I guess I get to learn.. I know my TL won't mind me playing with a location or two. He was shocked I could print BR location labels.
If you can get your hands on a PDA, I believe you go RFapps > Stockroom Locator > Location Management > Group Locations > Open Stock > Single Locations > then scan every location you want to change

If you can get your hands on a PDA, I believe you go RFapps > Stockroom Locator > Location Management > Group Locations > Open Stock > Single Locations > then scan every location you want to change

I would start with one. That way I wouldn't screw up to much testing out an idea. Nor would to many people notice if it doesn't work out the way I was thinking. :cool:

I would start with one. That way I wouldn't screw up to much testing out an idea. Nor would to many people notice if it doesn't work out the way I was thinking. :cool:
True. Also, if you go around scanning each location like that, it's gonna look and sound like you're LOCUing everything...

True. Also, if you go around scanning each location like that, it's gonna look and sound like you're LOCUing everything...
Had someone quite a few months ago, and locu'd all of softlines

We did that. Got nice stickers and tested them in plastics and bath towels. They were ignored. Flow don't bother just jam shit out and let others clean it up.
So true! We did the same thing.

Make sure the locations where you store the water are grouped as open stock. If it's grouped as case stock or receiving/remote it will try to pull a case (aka the whole pallet).

All of our ground level and 2nd shelf pallet spaces in bulk are grouped as open stock and we never have a problem.

AFAIK ours are grouped correctly (all locations 6 feet and below in the bulk stockroom grouped as upper) and the system never asks for a full pallet. Maybe it could be someone in their store mindlessly grouped all locations in bulk as receiving/remote, that could possibly mess with things.

AFAIK ours are grouped correctly (all locations 6 feet and below in the bulk stockroom grouped as upper) and the system never asks for a full pallet. Maybe it could be someone in their store mindlessly grouped all locations in bulk as receiving/remote, that could possibly mess with things.
Some things will pull the entire pallet every time if it's grouped as casepacks. With the MP 1 gal. waters, a case is a whole pallet. If you print a bcode with date, it will show over a hundred for the case amount. Same thing with some of the paper.

I had the pleasure of working both instocks and backroom last week and noticed that some of the RIGs fell into the CAFs while other created a 'research' batch. Does anyone know why?

Has anyone notice yet another new fill option? Looks like it fills to capacity. Yikes can't wait for my ETLs to get 'drop a batch' happy!!!!

Seems they are getting rid of guided research in October, and moving to a rigs based system only. Assuming the stores will have more control over what areas are scanned... Or this is their way of moving away from the instocks team.
The instocks team will slowly be obsolete. Ive heard numerous rumors but the most believable is stores will have brand TMs for most departments that will do their own scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back