Archived Robot Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's gonna buy all their overpriced shit if all the jobs are replaced by robots? I know to the ignorant it's a scary threat, but in reality the more jobs that evaporate, the less people there are to keep the economy going.

For further reference, please refer to 2008 and continuing recession

People always talk about how our type of jobs shouldn't garner that much pay because they're considered 'starter jobs', not meant to support a family,
Problem is most of the middle-class-support-your-family kind of jobs have been sent overseas & college doesn't guarantee a better-paying job, it just widens job choices a little.
Until jobs with a living wage are kept here, workers aren't going to be able to afford much of anything & a stable economy needs their spending.

Reading through all the article's sources, it seems like it's just trying to rile up some technophobia. A lot of 'mights' and 'maybes' when it comes to robot workers in this new concept store. My guess it'll prob be just a glorified Roomba with voice recognition that can guide guests to products they're looking for. I really don't think anyone should put in their two weeks in fear of Target: Replicant Edition just yet.

However, I am interested in them mentioning overhauling many of the computer systems company-wide including POS, the inventory management systems and product-ordering systems, which has probably been a long time coming. There was also mentioning of new tech and computer systems for the supply chain side of things, which I can only hope means I might get new toys to play with at the DC :)

However, I am interested in them mentioning overhauling many of the computer systems company-wide including POS, the inventory management systems and product-ordering systems, which has probably been a long time coming. There was also mentioning of new tech and computer systems for the supply chain side of things, which I can only hope means I might get new toys to play with at the DC :)

Unless they used who they got for the Canadian stores. ;)

Backroom pull time is........5 hours and 13 minutes..
C3-P0 you are coming up needing needing a charge, please unplug and lock yourself in the closet..

R2, your our only hope.

Yeah guests get pissed enough as it is at the pin pads. I dont think they can handle a store with a bunch of robot workers. Let's see what happens when they crash as much as our registers do now. Its such an empty threat for retail stores, because there's too much situational ways that guests need help, that can't possible be programmed into a mindless kiosk of some kind.

Yeah guests get pissed enough as it is at the pin pads. I dont think they can handle a store with a bunch of robot workers. Let's see what happens when they crash as much as our registers do now. Its such an empty threat for retail stores, because there's too much situational ways that guests need help, that can't possible be programmed into a mindless kiosk of some kind.

Considering how AMAZING target is with the IT infrastructure we have now guests will be lucky to get out of the stores with all their limbs.

Considering how AMAZING target is with the IT infrastructure we have now guests will be lucky to get out of the stores with all their limbs.

giphy.gif

So basically this.

So the microunion thing is real though. How will spot handle this?

We'll see.
The trick will be if it catches on.
What we really need to see is a bunch of stores doing it to keep Spot from putting the smack down on this one.

I can see using robots for zoning! That would be awesome!!!

Yea...after trying to help three guests this week who were using the gift registry version of the MyDevice (and of course experienced massive failures) I can't see this working out at all! (also- hello! long time lurker, first time poster. I'll get myself over to the intro forum!)

Yea...after trying to help three guests this week who were using the gift registry version of the MyDevice (and of course experienced massive failures) I can't see this working out at all! (also- hello! long time lurker, first time poster. I'll get myself over to the intro forum!)

Seriously, a day where our registries actually work, is unusual. I feel like such a jackass apologizing to guests about our shitty technology. The chip cards not working for payments makes me anxious every time, because I'm not sure how the guest will take the news.

Seriously, a day where our registries actually work, is unusual. I feel like such a jackass apologizing to guests about our shitty technology. The chip cards not working for payments makes me anxious every time, because I'm not sure how the guest will take the news.
Your username is relevant to this thread topic! @Target NPC

Welcome.
If that's your real name, ditch it before you hit the intros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back