Archived Rudeness at Food Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tybalt

CTL
I love talking to our food ave TL, they have the greatest stories about ****ty guests. For my own development, I have worked every area of the store, and have noticed that guests tend to be worse and worse the closer you get to the front end. Having shadowed the TL over there multiple times as I like to know how to work every area in the store, I completely agree that the rudest, meanest and overall most demanding and unfriendly guests are those who come to food ave. They ***** about anything and everything. It seems that because a person is serving you food, responding to niceties such as thank you, how are you doing and have a great day, is not required or even conceivable. The following quotes and examples are my favorites.

"What do you mean it will take 20 minutes to make fresh cookies? What are you stupid? You can do it faster than that!" FATL: "Ma'am, we make them the same way you do at home, baked fresh in the oven". "Naw, ya'lls just stupid. I aint no idiot waiting twenty minutes to get a ****ing cookie!"

Guest orders hot dog. Guest is informed before transaction of what condiments are available, on the side. Guest says ok and buys the combo. After purchase guest asks "Wheres the chili?" FATL informs them that they don't have chili, or slaw or onions. The now irate guest screams "I'm not eating this ****!" and throws the hot dog at the TM before storming off.

"Let me get a large supreme pizza and two dozen wings". "Sir, we are a PH express, we only have personal pan pepperoni and cheese. We can't do medium or large, or any other toppings". "Thats ****ing bull****, your a pizza hut! Now get back there and make me my god damn large supreme and a dozen wings!"

"Is that popcorn fresh, from today?" I was dying to hear the FATL say "No, its the same old **** from last night. We like to serve old, unsafe food. And that popping sound you hear, and the aroma of popcorn you could smell as you walked in clearly indicated that the popcorn is from last night and not today"

Goes on and on. I'm sure any food TM or FATL's here could no doubt agree and share some winners of their own. In fact, please do!

I would have to say Guest Service as well. But I can sympathize with FA

Nightly I would have guests walk in after closing demanding the left over popcorn. They were the worst. I told them I cannot sell or give away any popcorn after closing. I had one guest that wouldn't take no for an answer. He walked over and got the GSTL. He talked her into getting him a bag. But by that time, I was already throwing out the popcorn and cleaning out the kettle with Boil Out. The GSTL changed her mind saying since I was already cleaning it, she could not give him any. Boy was he mad.

Years ago...I had a guest wanting a large ice cream float. I told him we do not normally make ice cream floats, and I would have to charge a large drink and for each scoop of ice cream. When I totaled the large drink and enough ice cream scoops and soda to fill a large cup, it came close to $8 and he walked off in a huff.

Then flow teams were as bad the guests. FATMs would clock in at 15 minutes before FA was supposed to open. And to get everything up, prepped, and made takes about an hour. But flow team would always pour in and want to order right then when FA opens. And they would always want it their way.

Last edited:
Been with FA the past 4 mos & yes to everything above including:
TMs wanting pizzas that I'm about to QMOS (they stopped when I asked them if they were using their discount on this purchase)
TMs wanting me to heat up food from home/purchased from the floor during mid-rush (after I wait on the PAYING guests)
Guests hovering around for a 'fresh' pizza instead of buying one from the hot case that came out less than 5 mins ago
Guest wants to pay for a LARGE icee but wants 2 SMALL cups (uh, no. Decide which one you love more & let them carry it)
Guests opening pizza boxes that are CLEARLY MARKED (I now get to toss all the ones you opened & everyone gets to wait)

Now they're gonna make me learn Starbux, too?!

Covering food ave was the only part i hated when i was a cart attendant...

"Let me get a large supreme pizza and two dozen wings". "Sir, we are a PH express, we only have personal pan pepperoni and cheese. We can't do medium or large, or any other toppings". "Thats ****ing bull****, your a pizza hut! Now get back there and make me my god damn large supreme and a dozen wings!"

At least he reduced his wing order...

I'll bet Lady Fitting Room could give us some pretty good Food Ave stories. But she's not with Target anymore and rarely visits here nowadays.

Been with FA the past 4 mos & yes to everything above including:
TMs wanting pizzas that I'm about to QMOS (they stopped when I asked them if they were using their discount on this purchase)
TMs wanting me to heat up food from home/purchased from the floor during mid-rush (after I wait on the PAYING guests)
Guests hovering around for a 'fresh' pizza instead of buying one from the hot case that came out less than 5 mins ago
Guest wants to pay for a LARGE icee but wants 2 SMALL cups (uh, no. Decide which one you love more & let them carry it)
Guests opening pizza boxes that are CLEARLY MARKED (I now get to toss all the ones you opened & everyone gets to wait)

Now they're gonna make me learn Starbux, too?!

Should I be throwing those away when they open them? No one has ever told me that since im not 100% FA trained

Yes you should and I hate it when guests open them to see how they look and if they don't like it, they don't get it.

Also I had a guest come up to me and asked for popcorn with no butter or salt and 4 hotdogs, 2 nachos, a order of fries, and a order of chicken tenders WHILE i have about 5 guests in line as I'm covering a lunch for food ave

why would you be mad at a guest who wanted to order food? Isn't that what it's there for?

Cant make popcorn without butter or salt well i suppose you could but itd be a pain and a bit of a wait if the line had 5 guests it would take about 5-6 minutes maybe a little less just to get everything ready to be on its way to be cooked...

You know people dont like waiting lol.

Had a guest who wanted popcorn "without" & my TL told her no way because we'd have to empty out the case (of fairly fresh popcorn) to pop it w/o & nobody else would want the 'unflavored' popcorn. Then we'd have to pop NEW batches to replace the other.
Re: don't like waiting - yeh, it's called "instant gratification".

Re: opening pizza boxes - you don't know what they've done or if they're sick or sneezing, etc.

Last edited:
why would you be mad at a guest who wanted to order food? Isn't that what it's there for?

Well the part that sucked was, while I had her fries and tenders cooking in the oven, the next guests wanted fries and tenders also, and the guest after that wanted mac n cheese. So you can see how the time adds and people in the line start getting mad.

If you knew that several people wanted fries & tenders, it wouldn't be anything to cook several orders. The problem arises from one coming after another &, unless you've got 2 ovens going at once, orders get backed up while you're jumping from oven to microwave to the order counter.
The other maddening thing is when Mom comes up with 3 kids & is asking them what they want while a large line waits for Suzy to decide between the carrots & ranch or the apples & caramel, Bobby wants a BIGGER icee than the meal offers & Joey wants something that's not even on the menu.
Craziness.

Haha im starting to feel like the new FATM... Huge turnover at my store, and lets just say their coverage over there is less than... optimal..

Haven't run into any gems like these, but im sure I soon will haha :)

If you knew that several people wanted fries & tenders, it wouldn't be anything to cook several orders. The problem arises from one coming after another &, unless you've got 2 ovens going at once, orders get backed up while you're jumping from oven to microwave to the order counter.
The other maddening thing is when Mom comes up with 3 kids & is asking them what they want while a large line waits for Suzy to decide between the carrots & ranch or the apples & caramel, Bobby wants a BIGGER icee than the meal offers & Joey wants something that's not even on the menu.
Craziness.
I didnt know they all would end up wanting fries and tenders, so by the time the first order was being made, the next guest came up and wanted the same thing, then the next guest wanted the same thing all while the first order was being cooked and we only have 1 oven.

Haha im starting to feel like the new FATM... Huge turnover at my store, and lets just say their coverage over there is less than... optimal..
Haven't run into any gems like these, but im sure I soon will haha :)

You turn is coming soon...

I worked FA for 4 LOOONNNGGG years. We don't have one now since the renovation, they put in Starbucks instead. I had many irate guest over there. Mostly they got mad over stuff we didn't have. We were just a simple FA, no pizza hut, no deep fat fryer. I would get the ones who wanted french fries and be pissed because we didn't have them. I remember one guest who yelled at me saying that we had them the last time he was there. I asked when that was and he said about 6 years ago! I told him we got rid of the grill and stuff and he yells "that's just stupid! Now what am I suppose to do?" He really got mad when I suggested he go to McDonald's just up the road. I think the guests who really would get angry were the ones who came in after I closed but was still there cleaning and would want popcorn. I would tell them that I'm closed and have already dumped the popcorn and cleaned the machine. They would demand I make more. I would just tell them sorry I can't do that, in my sweetest voice while smiling and then tell them to have a nice night and I'd go back to cleaning, ignoring them. I have to say that over the 4 years there my guest experience was much better than at GS. I would say 95% of the guests I had were pleasant.

I'm lovin' the churros, krinkle fries & we got Meaty Marinara back! *me doing a happy dance with pasta*
Now, if we could ditch those horrible cheese pretzels....
And, to the mom who brought in her 4 kids with their water bottles: we saw you letting them fill them up at the fountain before you left. Next time....

I'm lovin' the churros, krinkle fries & we got Meaty Marinara back! *me doing a happy dance with pasta*
And, to the mom who brought in her 4 kids with their water bottles: we saw you letting them fill them up at the fountain before you left. Next time....

I wouldn't want to fill my water bottle up at our water fountain. That stuff tastes nasty!:bad:

That stuff tastes nasty!:bad:

Ever wounder what the filters look like inside that go to the soda dispenser's and coffee makers ?

111-1176_IMG.jpg

I had a photo of the chilling troth in the soda ice maker but the green algae started to rot my crap-berry
puke.gif

They were at the soda fountain & they weren't filling them up with water.
Great way to teach your kids petty theft.

Not fond of the cheese pretzels myself either. Not really a whole lot of cheese flavor either iirc, but it's been a while since I've had one. What I would like is if they instead would have the flavoring actually in the pretzel as a filling. Probably asking too much, but it would get me to switch it up occasionally from always getting nachos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back