Archived Sales Floor Team, your device of choice?

Device?

• Zebra

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • MyDevice

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • PDA

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • What devices?

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm just curious, to people on the sales floor, what is the device of your choice?
When i first started, i would always grab a MyDevice and learn that they sucked.

Then, i would always do my shift with a PDA.

Now, i switched over to the Zebra, but find the PDA still more convient.

So, what is your device of choice?

I go with a PDA. I hate how bulky they are, but I often have to pull things so I end up with one anyways. If I need to look something up, I have my phone for that. My store hasn't got Zebras so no comment on them.

I am an Apple user so I love the My Device. I wish they could have resolved the battery issues. We haven't received the newest devices so I can't comment.

*seriously though, what the fuck is a zebra?

Wish my store followed suit. Rather annoying to see hardlines TMs walk around with some while backroom and SFS have to keep asking the LOD for one.

You jack their ass.. No asking. They are not backroom and you are? Yeah that is easy. Let the LOD deal with it. Actually the LOD should be doing the jacking of the equipment, not begging on the radio.

Mydevice sucks

Pda is too big to carry around as global as I am.

We haven't gotten our zebras yet but Im extremely hopeful.

Yeah, unless you're actively pulling, you don't need a PDA. Got tired of my team having to track down flow/sales floor/old people that didn't want to use the fancy new zebras just to be able to work.

The new Android based replacement for the Apple based MyDevice.

I am a Zebra girl!!! No balancing batteries and when you pull that bitch out of the holster and turn it on it fucking scans! No waiting for that apple POS to remember there is scanner attached to it.
I'm glad to hear it has a faster response.

I'm glad to hear it has a faster response.
The only slow response with the Zebra is the first time you scan a backroom label (for stowing or taking). It takes like 30 seconds to remember what it's supposed to do. But if you continue to use it for backroom work, it works just fine for the rest of the day.

Lol the mydevice is a joke. Nothing like an iPhone it has the functionality of an iPod shuffle.

Once you use the zebra once you will forget we even had mydevices

Well, I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Zebra. And going by Target's SOP, I'm not holding my breath. So I prefer to use the My Device over the PDA for salesfloor duties. *shrug*

The only slow response with the Zebra is the first time you scan a backroom label (for stowing or taking). It takes like 30 seconds to remember what it's supposed to do. But if you continue to use it for backroom work, it works just fine for the rest of the day.
The iPods do that now, for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back