Archived SBUX - Coffee Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I need some help!

With the Starbucks Valentine's Day event coming up, our team needs to be (re)-trained on the coffee press.

We have a recipe card for it, with instructions for either 8-Cup (Serves 2) and 12-cup (Serves 4).

The 8-Cup option states to use 5 starbucks scoops, and the 12-Cup says 8 scoops.

I've measured out and found that our press can fit a little under 2 cups of water. Now this get me confused. Does the '8-Cup' literally mean 8 cups of water?? The recipe card doesn't say.

Unless we have the wrong recipe card or coffee press, I'm at a loss. Any help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    856.9 KB · Views: 35
Actual volume? Don't know for sure.
What I did was grind the recommended amt of coffee & fill with boiling water to 1/2" from the top; enough so I could get the screen on without sloshing.
I stir with one of the birch sticks to saturate the grounds before pressing.
Press slow & steady.
Remember that the scoops are the small silver scoops, not the 'scouple'.
BTW, the large scoop = ~3 small scoops.

I'm sure the other pros will weigh in soon enough ;)
Make sure your grinder is on the coarsest setting (about the consistency of cat litter).

I'm sure the other pros will weigh in soon enough ;)
Make sure your grinder is on the coarsest setting (about the consistency of cat litter).

What no Turkish blend?
Are you sure they don't want to have the bottom 1/8 of their cup as yummy sludge?

The last time I had Turkish coffee was at a coffee house near campus during my college days. VERY yummy.
It was a great pick-me-up during finals but took a toll on my circadian rhythm.

Thanks everyone! Does anyone what specific volumes of water we're suppose to use?

I would draw the suggested amt according to the size of your press but it may not take the full amt.
We would fill a tea pitcher doing a half-brew (for 8 cup) & fill to 1/2" from the top, stir & steep 4 min, then start the press.

My starbucks had Java chip frapp samples today. A couple guests said it was good. GOOD!! Omg it is a chocolate lovers dream. I got a grande and I died and went to heaven. May I rest in peace!

Anyone have more info on the Evolution Fresh smoothies? All I know so far is that we'll be getting kale and low-fat Greek yogurt, and switching from frozen to fresh bananas.

Anyone have more info on the Evolution Fresh smoothies? All I know so far is that we'll be getting kale and low-fat Greek yogurt, and switching from frozen to fresh bananas.

You should have received the "Promotion at a Glance" Fed-Ex package last week. The supplies were supposed to come in the this week, to practice these, but I haven't seen them yet. They mostly sound gross : Sweet Greens, Mango Carrot, and Strawberry(this one sounds ok).

Yeh, we got the tumblers, mix bucket, etc & the ingredients are trickling in.
And you're right - the flavors sound as bad as the bottled overpriced juices that expired before we could sell 'em.

Ah okay! I'll ask the sbux TL if she's recieved anything , I don't actually work over at Starbucks anymore, just trying to stay in the loop

Does anyone do the playbook? We are in phase 3 & looking for till tags, used for tasks. we have the wrong sku of 11435 & UPC 762111628700 for it. Nothing found in sap.

We don't use playbook. We don't have the staff to even need a signal bin. My DM is pretty cool.

Ditto here but I'm redoing all our training books since it looks like I'm training two newbies next week, with a possible third later on :eek:

Try the caramel flan frapp (with the CARAMEL whip).
Bliss in a cup. :D

Ok I tried the caramel flan frapp with whipped cream and a drizzle of something. I love the caramel frapp, but honestly thought they both tasted the same. With 1 of each in front of me I don't think I could differentiate between the 2. What did I miss?

Ok I tried the caramel flan frapp with whipped cream and a drizzle of something. I love the caramel frapp, but honestly thought they both tasted the same. With 1 of each in front of me I don't think I could differentiate between the 2. What did I miss?
Sample time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back