Archived Schedule Red Store Number Question and Primary Work Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at target about 4 months ago and I was hired in as Cashier. It has been my primary work center since I've started. They trained me over at the Service Desk and started scheduling me more and more over there. Well, I asked to get my primary work center changed from cashier to service desk about 2 weeks ago and she said she could probably do it and she would get approval from ETLs. (My store actually has separate work center labels for Cashier and Service Desk by the way)... Well, I was looking at my schedule the other day for next week and I had 2 service desk shifts and 1 cashier shifts. Well, a few minutes ago I checked my schedule again and it has changed. The cashier shift has changed into a Service Desk shift and the Store Number (that is usually red for Service Desk and Black for Cashier) has changed to black... Does this mean that my work center has been changed? Even though the other Service Desk shifts are still red (i'm assuming it's because they haven't been changed at all, so I guess they haven't updated).

Yes, if the recently edited service desk shifts are showing as black it means they changed your workcenter.

I had a week where I had 2 GSA shifts, and 3 cashier shifts, the GSA's were red. When they changed my workcenter all 5 said GSA afterwards, but the two that were red before were still red, whereas the other 3 changed to GSA and were black. It's because when the red ones were made GSA it was outside my primary workcenter then and it never checked whether or not it was after that since those shifts weren't edited.

@StaticSun It might not have any impact in regards to pay, but I'd imagine if HR does scheduling those with primary workcenter of service Desk are more likely to receive Service Desk shifts than those with primary workcenter of cashier are.

Yes, if the recently edited service desk shifts are showing as black it means they changed your workcenter.

I had a week where I had 2 GSA shifts, and 3 cashier shifts, the GSA's were red. When they changed my workcenter all 5 said GSA afterwards, but the two that were red before were still red, whereas the other 3 changed to GSA and were black. It's because when the red ones were made GSA it was outside my primary workcenter then and it never checked whether or not it was after that since those shifts weren't edited.

@StaticSun It might not have any impact in regards to pay, but I'd imagine if HR does scheduling those with primary workcenter of service Desk are more likely to receive Service Desk shifts than those with primary workcenter of cashier are.

Thank you. I've been wanting to get my primary work center changed to Service Desk for a while and I'm glad it's finally been done. I know the pay will be the same, but it's so much more enjoyable over there compared to being a cashier.

Cashier and Service Desk are the same pay rate. There's no gain in having your code changed. Nothing. At all.

(old link) http://www.thebreakroom.org/WandH.pdf

I'm not worried about the pay. There is a gain from it. I get to be at the Service Desk more than a cashier, which makes me happy.

Question: I was going back through my schedule and noticed that some of them were black for service desk a couple of weeks ago. I did notice that they were all from shifts I have taken and not shifts i had originally been scheduled for. What does this mean?

Thank you. I've been wanting to get my primary work center changed to Service Desk for a while and I'm glad it's finally been done. I know the pay will be the same, but it's so much more enjoyable over there compared to being a cashier.

Cashier and Service Desk are the same pay rate. There's no gain in having your code changed. Nothing. At all.

(old link) http://www.thebreakroom.org/WandH.pdf

I'm not worried about the pay. There is a gain from it. I get to be at the Service Desk more than a cashier, which makes me happy.

That's completely not true. It varies per store. Some stores will put service desk TMs at cashier and carts because that's what the availability allows. It literally means NOTHING.

My workcenter is technically "Cashier" but I have not had a cashier shift since Xmas Eve. Similarly, we have someone who was hired as Cart Attendant and is in the system as Cart Attendant but only has one CA shift a week at best.

HR usually doesn't look at the workcenters. Usually they know where TMs work and which TMs are preferred where regardless of the workcenters listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back