Archived Schedule Writing Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target efficiency - spend money to create/buy a scheduling system.

Reality at the store level - don't use it.

Why are there such huge disconnects?

Even in my area, POG and signing, there are ideas/innovations that are horrible.

Doesn't anyone with common sense check to see if these ideas are reality based?

Sorry off topic.

Doesn't anyone with common sense check to see if these ideas are reality based?
Anytime corporate solicits feedback from the store level about how a new initiative is working out, stores only respond with positive things because they don't want to be known as the problem store. So corporate only hears positive reactions and thinks everything is great.

I bet they really do believe stores are letting myTime do the schedule if those stores are told to.

Anytime corporate solicits feedback from the store level about how a new initiative is working out, stores only respond with positive things because they don't want to be known as the problem store. So corporate only hears positive reactions and thinks everything is great.

I bet they really do believe stores are letting myTime do the schedule if those stores are told to.

This. Pushing back usually doesn't end well and is a cultural program with Target.

When they say be bold, they mean try new things and learn new areas. They don't mean stand up to leadership unfortunately. Those who do usually don't promote

When you make the schedule for the front-end, do you pick which cashiers will be assigned SCO, SD, and photo? Or does it automatically pick them based on what they’re coded as or how long they’ve been there?

We have a few who only work SD, but then it’s filled in with other random TMs. SCO and photo seem random, but always the same random people.

When you make the schedule for the front-end, do you pick which cashiers will be assigned SCO, SD, and photo? Or does it automatically pick them based on what they’re coded as or how long they’ve been there?

We have a few who only work SD, but then it’s filled in with other random TMs. SCO and photo seem random, but always the same random people.
Regular cashiers who have not been SD trained should not work SD.

As for photo we do not have photo tms-- we have people who are cashiers who watch photo though. scheduling for photo outside of Q4 is overkill. SCO can be anyone, but it is a seperate workcenter, so people have to be coded there for mytime to schedule it.

Thanks @Amanda Cantwell! That answers my question I think. I’m one of the few cashiers fully trained at SD and go over to help a lot when they’re busy or to cover their breaks, but guessing HR isn’t aware of that so I’ve never officially been scheduled there. I like SD way better than cashiering and have learned how to do everything except closing over there, so should I tell my HR that they can code me over there as needed?

I guess we don’t have “photo TMs”, but a lot of times we will have people scheduled as photo and they just stand behind the photo desk and text. And sometimes multiple people assigned SCO (for only 6 SCO registers), so they alternate hanging out at sbux and actually watching SCO.... just wondering why I never get any of those kinds of shifts!!!

You can ask to be keyed as a service desk tm. It makes it easier on the schedule writer since to schedule a cashier as service desk you have to go through the extra step of doing a job transfer.

This works both ways it's more work to schedule a service desk as a cashier

Last edited:
HR Tips

1) make sure you have an audit list. These are things to check each schedule before you post.

2) print a daily grid each day. Make sure you have enough closers in softlines and hardlines each day.

3) remember the face areas. Electronics beauty and fitting room should have open to close coverage and according to best practices should never be underscheduled.

4) don't forget a signing team to do the weekly ad.

5) make sure your seniors schedule matches the LOD schedule and don't forget to give them perimeter pay for opening and closing lod shifts
What’s perimeter pay?

@HRZone This is a little random but if I requested time off and then deleted/canceled the request, will they still be able to see that when making the schedule for that week? In other words will they know I had asked for it off after it’s canceled or does it just go away?

@HRZone This is a little random but if I requested time off and then deleted/canceled the request, will they still be able to see that when making the schedule for that week? In other words will they know I had asked for it off after it’s canceled or does it just go away?

If it's cancelled before it's approved or denied they won't see it.

@HRZone if a request is approved, but I cancel it before the schedule for that week if written, will the schedule writer still see that day as vacation/off or will it look like I am available ?

@HRZone if a request is approved, but I cancel it before the schedule for that week if written, will the schedule writer still see that day as vacation/off or will it look like I am available ?

Once it's approved it stays blocked unless someone manually deletes it.

It's kind of a pain so at my old store if you asked for the 15th off but you needed the 16th off instead you got both even if you didnt need the 15th off.

Yeah corporate's been getting on us recently to let mytime do everything but I only let mytime write the cashier schedule. Then I just go through and make little edits. Everything else I write myself. Mytime will do some crazy mess like close starbucks an hour early or have no closer for SD or no cash office on weekends. Does anyone know how to make a repeating schedule? I've asked HR to put one in for Cafe, cart attendant, and cash office since I make it the same every week but the HR TL won't do it for some reason. Something about something corporate doesn't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back