Archived Second Job questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticTM

Wannabe Fulfillment Captain
Hey all. I'm needing to pick up a second job on the side but I'm afraid if I do, I'll be overlooked at Target for promotional opportunities in the future. Whats Targets policy when it comes to second jobs? If I got hired as, lets say, an uber driver, would I even have to notify spot about this change?

Hey all. I'm needing to pick up a second job on the side but I'm afraid if I do, I'll be overlooked at Target for promotional opportunities in the future. Whats Targets policy when it comes to second jobs? If I got hired as, lets say, an uber driver, would I even have to notify spot about this change?

you do not need to tell your store anything more than what your availability is.

I'd expect some pushback if your second job is at Walmart, but as long as you can maintain your availability for your shifts, it shouldn't be a problem if you drive for Uber. I work another job later in the day (in at 6 a.m. for Spot) and no one has ever given me grief about it, even if I have to leave some of my push undone. If they don't give us full-time hours, they can't very well expect full-time availability.

I also work the 6am shift. When I started we only had 3 trucks a week so I only worked 3 mornings a week. Obviously not much money coming in so I started working 3-4 evenings at a grocery store. Worked great until we started getting 5 trucks and I was feeling burnt out. Target paid more so I kept working at spot and left the grocery store. Never mentioned it to my leadership

I did two jobs for three years without a problem. Right now, though, I'm down to just the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back