Archived Self-Checkout coming soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting that for a long time. It seems it would give more hours to the sales floor.

Way to go Target. Take and idea that was popular half a decade ago and start in now. Meanwhile many stores have gotten rid of them like Cosco and Ikea because they are bad for service, slow because most people have no idea what they are doing and theft skyrockets.

"We tried doing it with shirty, outdated technology at first and it didn't work." Seriously...now that is Spot's way of doing things right there.

Also, I fully expect that we be coaching and terming these machines for not asking for and getting REDcards. They can't allow our conversion to slip. That isn't fair to the rest of the TMs who have to pester, I mean ask, each and every guest.

And this means the LOD will spend more time up front assisting the GSTL/GSA who will spend all of their time watching these lanes to help out guests who can't figure them out and to watch for theft issues.

"They chose a newer, more consolidated operating system, and also upgraded the machines’ hardware, which increased memory levels.
Partner support and trust along the way was critical
we empowered the team to take risks and move quickly.
This is really happening, and it’s because we were able to count on the incredible partnership and focus of this committed team when we needed it the most,”

-this is the message I got from it: Invest in newer faster technology, and support and empower your team. And great things can happen.

These are the same guests that I have to find the registries for at our self serve kiosks and do their entire photo order at the photo self serve kiosks. I can see this coming already...the guest will see there is a line, go over to the SCO, and summon the GSA over and have them do the entire order for them...basically getting someone to open up a line for them so they don't have to wait. All so we can cut my cashiers hours...instead of being to the bone like they are now, we will just start slicing through the bone.

Walmart and home. Depot here have them, WM just added them. They both have 1 cashier that oversees those, just standing there. At HD it is 1 for the 4, at WM it is, hmmm, probably 15?

My 24 hr WM then only has ONE lane open, but hey, go use the self check outs. So they have 3 people on the front end, 2 cashiers, 1 super.

I wish our selling of fruit and veggies was like the WM self check-out.... I hate those stupid numbers. And fruit snacks. And coffee mate.

I should go take some aleeve and plan what I'm wearing to my job interview on Wednesday huh? Lol!

They already have those at the Minneapolis Nicollet store. Have for a while.

They work pretty slick actually.

This sounds like a shrinkage nightmare.

It is. Walmart backed away from this in some areas because of it.

But, then again, I think of it like this...if corporate is okay with it...and they get paid the big bucks to be okay with it...then in the end, why should I worry too much about it? If I see it happen, I'll remind the guest of an item they forgot in their cart, and if they choose not to pay, I'll leave a note for ap. In the end, it isn't my job to care about protecting their assets if they don't care. I'm not going to stress myself out even more for such low pay when corporate chooses to work against me by making my job harder.

And it'll be another great reason to lowball raises.

As a cashier id much rather babysit 4 checkouts instead of having to bag $200 of groceries every other guest.

Probably more hours for service desk capable cashiers, and less hours for the incapable masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering we JUST got new registers, I doubt we will be getting them...

Well, except that would be a good waste of money, so maybe!

These are the same guests that I have to find the registries for at our self serve kiosks and do their entire photo order at the photo self serve kiosks. I can see this coming already...the guest will see there is a line, go over to the SCO, and summon the GSA over and have them do the entire order for them...basically getting someone to open up a line for them so they don't have to wait.

This totally happens, FYI
Drat. I was hoping I just made that up...but I've seen so much with these people, it seriously doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back