Archived Self-Checkout coming soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so-exciting-o.gif

TCan here and I think all the stores, at least in my district, have these installed. They are manned by one cashier and are usually at mall entrances. Guests hate them because at my store we have 6 open tills that never have anyone on them unless the cashier there has to call for backup. In general though they work well and don't go down as often as normal tills. We don't do conversion like the US, only by store not by team member so none of us mind them.

I won't take back all the bad things I said about our machines..they are up and running again.. Sometimes.. Still go down. Can't use the gun for cartwheel or mobile coupons.. Have to plug the entire number into - key in code.. Every time guest touches the scale we have it input our numbers.. I was going to say they don't crash as often as before, but Today it kept happening.. Basically there have been very little improvements

PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING AREA
UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

a

*rollseyes* I HATE when the self-check at the Walmart where I work does this to me! One time it did this when I leaned my knee against the bagging area. ugh So annoying!

We are getting SCO on the 28th of this month. I am starting AP this week, it'll be interesting seeing how much of a focus this will be.

Is there a list available showing which stores will be adding self checkouts? Can this info be found InsideTGT or under Workbench?

I finally used mine last night. Only 3 out of 4 were in service. I watched as the guest in front of me kept having their $20 bills rejected for a minute. I used it with no problem though. The default volume on them are pretty low; a welcome change from other stores. But everytime I passed by the lanes, someone was helping a guest for something.

So now as a GSA I have to be closely babysitting the self checkout, answering blinkers from my cashiers who refuse to change prices, running to guest services to give them override codes, dealing with coupon scammers trying to wear me down into giving them what they want, CIHYFS-ing every guest, selling redcards to self-checkout guests... AND restocking Excel and resetting endcaps? Sure. No problem!

Having a few people trained on SCO would be nice. Schedule a person during peak hours to take care of SCO's so gtl/a's can still manage the front. Wishful thinking....

"SCO #3, if you don't start getting more red cards we'll have to pull your plug. You'll be reassigned as a price scanner."
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

No chance they'd be performance out?

On Sept 4, you spit the guests $20 bills back at them in a non brand manner.
On Sept 17 you wouldn't scan a bag of frozen peas even when the GSTL came over and told you to.
On Oct 1 you refused to accept a guests handmade coupons.

Our SCO began installation when we closed tonight. Will be done Tuesday night. Training Wednesday and Thursday for team members and goes live Friday. Our store will be having a dedicated cashier(s) from 9am-close manning the SCO's. They established a team they thought are 'FFF' enough for that responsibility.

Cashier? Not someone with supervisor access? I had wondered if there'd be a GSA-like position for SCO, or if it'd just be a regular cashier.

I asked the ETL-GE if we were slated to get them yesterday... she said no, not for a longggg time.

She is overall pretty clueless at times, I therefore expect to walk into them being installed the next time i'm off for 4 days in a row!

Oh and we go over on GSA headcount next week again... i'm curious how that is going to work.

After almost two weeks of SCO, my opinion is split. Here is an opinion(more of a rant):

Being in AP now, I will start with the AP side of things. IT IS A NIGHTMARE. So many people 'forget' to scan items and even with our "special team of cashiers" hovering over them, I cannot imagine how much has walked out. It has boosted my stats, and the stores stats a lot, however, I am sure we have lost more than we have caught. First day of SCO and I caught a $30 dollar PMR and we have had a few more also. REBANKING is an issue too, so much money goes into them that whenever they open them many of our GSTL/A's don't feel comfortable and need an AP team member there with them. Rebanking takes as long as closing them!

Now as a front end stand point. Why in the hell do you need so many damn keys for one machine and why are they plastic? I think it is four keys to completely open everything in order to close the SCO at night. Then there are 6 locations(of money per SCO) that need to be emptied nightly. It slows the process down, especially since we keep all four open till close to minimize/eliminate real cashiers at night. Our GSA/GSTL does not finish until thirty minutes after close, maybe speed will come with time? The limiting of certain merchandise like alcohol is understandable, but why can't someone buy photos/giftcards at an SCO? no reason to limit a machine that is suppose to take care of the guest if they're taking that route. SCO2 at our store has an issue of printing receipts the same 3-4 inch length no matter the transaction, so many guests wont have the items all printed and when you reprint it, it does the same thing. It seems to be more trouble than it is worth, however, if people had brains it would be great also.

Lastly, DO NOT CALL YOUR AP TEAM FOR SCO MAINTENANCE/HELP! Our front end team calls us for everything on self checkouts when their etl is standing right there near the front. Why the hell am I going to know how to change the receipt tape better than her? (Directions in machine clearly show how).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back