Archived Sending anonymous complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I know that phone calls aren't truly anonymous and I'm afraid to send any emails where it could be traced to me. Does anyone know if an email to webmaster@target would eventually trickle down? I could use a Yahoo email or something. I'm 100% sure there'd be retaliation so I want to be careful but I also want to be heard.

They aren't? can any leaders on the board add to this notion that complaints are passed on with team member numbers from the hotline to the store in question?

I am aware of a time a few years ago in our district when an HR was able to tell an STL who the call came from. This person was known to be shady. No clue if she is still around. Just heard that they could get the info if they asked the right "friend".

A few who have called were in the STL office within a few days.

Unless the TM somehow outed themselves with their complaint, I'm not convinced of the anonymity.

People who call the hotline with a complaint also probably complained about it to people at the store, so it's not that hard to figure out who it was. If someone was complaining to other TMs about scheduling favoritism, and then a hotline call is received about it, it's not difficult to know who called.

Have a friend/relative call for you. Our STL was going nuts because he couldn't figure out who it was one time. They will ask what you want done, so have an answer.

People who call the hotline with a complaint also probably complained about it to people at the store, so it's not that hard to figure out who it was. If someone was complaining to other TMs about scheduling favoritism, and then a hotline call is received about it, it's not difficult to know who called.

This is what I'm thinking. If you've already made a stink then a hotline call about said stink is kind of obviouse.

Does anyone know if an email to webmaster@target would eventually trickle down?

Almost certainly not. I doubt anyone actually monitors that email, but if they do, it would be for website-related requests, and an anonymous note supposedly from a store TM would likely get ignored.

The Hotline Rep does not disclose TM names or numbers when passing along the complaint to the STL. That being said, more often than not, that TM had made the complaint in person to other TMs and/or someone in leadership. There are also times where the complaint is very specific. In both situations it's not that hard to figure out who it was.

The Hotline number is great for 1) problems you've attempted to address with leadership and have found that there's no progress on a resolution (a hotline call will put their asses into gear) and 2) problems that don't need your direct involvement to be resolved. So if, for example, your issue is that you can't work with another TM, you're better off just going straight to your HR. The situation can't be resolved without identifying you and moving you (or the other TM) to another department.

I also want to point out a common misconception that the Hotline Rep can tell your STL what to do. Literally all they do is notify the STL that there is an issue. It's for this reason that I tell TMs they're better off going to the STL themselves (for the most part).

The Hotline really isn't for things that should be handled at the store level.
Even if you aren't happy with the results of a situation the fact is that unless what they did was illegal or blatantly against policy Spot is not going to force any change.
They will just tell the store to handle it and you can get caught in the middle of the 'handling it'.
If there is something that will blow up in their face, cause bad publicity, cost them money, lawsuits, that sort of thing, they will get involved.
Those are the times when the Hotline is the best thing.

Don't call the hotline, as others have said. Talk to your store mgt, first. All events need to be well documented, heresay does not count.

99% of the time it is pretty obvious who called the hotline.

Either you know who thinks you pissed in their Cheerios, or the situation is super specific and it couldn’t be handled without easily identifying the complainer.

So if your problem is such that you need something done about it, and you are reasonably sure retaliation will happen, find alternate employment or suck it up. If the issue is a major safety or discrimination concern, sure, call the hotline. But unless several people can back you up it isn’t likely you will get new management out of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back