Archived Sesonal TM wanting to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Target020

Alright so I've been at Target for a month and love it! I really want to stay, but I'm not positive about my chances. I started working as a seasonal cashier, and have gotten 5 RedCards. I ask EVERYONE, but it’s the usually…“I have it already”, “I don’t need another card”, or “I don’t have a check with me.” How many do you RedCards will get me noticed? (The ETL's...get really excited when we get one)

Also, are the managers alerted who gets RedCards through a commuter or do they have to be there? I got a RedCard this past weekend but a manager never came up, so will they know I “sold” a redcard?

Also, three days ago, a manager that doesn’t like me (it feels like) walked away after I had told her that I had gotten one. What should I do about that?

I have been called in to work on my days of twice and went both times. Do you think it will help me get a permanent job here at Target?

Alright so I've been at Target for a month and love it! I really want to stay, but I'm not positive about my chances. I started working as a seasonal cashier, and have gotten 5 RedCards. I ask EVERYONE, but it’s the usually…“I have it already”, “I don’t need another card”, or “I don’t have a check with me.” How many do you RedCards will get me noticed? (The ETL's...get really excited when we get one)

Also, are the managers alerted who gets RedCards through a commuter or do they have to be there? I got a RedCard this past weekend but a manager never came up, so will they know I “sold” a redcard?

Also, three days ago, a manager that doesn’t like me (it feels like) walked away after I had told her that I had gotten one. What should I do about that?

I have been called in to work on my days of twice and went both times. Do you think it will help me get a permanent job here at Target?
i was hired as a seasonal cashier last year and they kept me. i don't remember gething too many redcards probably as many as you. but the gsa said she recommended me to stay so i guess you just gotta get on the gsas good side. good luck!

Target020: That is amazing that you are enjoying your job and Target! To me, that already puts you in the front of the line as a great candidate and someone I would want to keep on! If you are on time, dependable, and working hard to get noticed by those around you you are already doing an amazing job! The fact that you care about closing people on more red cards is great! Here's my advice,

From my experience, Target first and foremost wants to hire character and train the rest! You have the CHARACTER and ATTITUDE that this company needs! Especially loving your job after going through such a tough season! You have been doing all the right things so what I would suggest is get with your leader, a TL, and/or ETL, and pour your heart out to them like you did with us just now. Let them know that you love your job, you love Target, and you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the team and would like to stay on after the season is over. People like you don't go unnoticed, somebody has noticed you I promise you! Have the conversation and they may not be able to give you a promising answer right away but it will remain in their minds and when that time comes, they won't forget the enthusiastic, hard working, dedicated guy who loves Target, and loves his job. Shoot, if I didn't have room for someone like you, I would MAKE room on my team! This is coming from a new SrTL! I can't wait to find and hire more people like you!

Last edited:
Target020: That is amazing that you are enjoying your job and Target! To me, that already but you in the front of the line as a great candidate and someone I would want to keep on! If you are on time, dependable, and working hard to get noticed by those around you you are already doing an amazing job! The fact that you care about closing people on more red cards is great! Here's my advice,

From my experience, Target first and foremost wants to hire character and train the rest! You have the CHARACTER and ATTITUDE that this company needs! Especially loving your job after going through such a tough season! You have been doing all the right things so what I would suggest is get with your leader, a TL, and ETL, and pour your heart out to them like you did with us just now. Let them know that you love your job, you love Target, and you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the team and would like to stay on after the season is over. People like you don't go unnoticed, somebody has noticed you I promise you! Have the conversation and they may not be able to give you a promising answer right away but it will remain in their minds and when that time comes, the won't forget the enthusiastic, hard working, dedicated guy who loves Target, and loves his job. Shoot, if I didn't have room for someone like you, I would MAKE room on my team! This is coming from a new SrTL! I can't wait to find and hire more people like you!

Thanks! I hope to continue part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back