Archived Side job for ETL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of ETLS holding a second job? If so what is it? Any suggestions for a nice and manageable part time night job? I have a lot of student loan left and want to knock it out quickly...

I used to catch my Etl-HL on the blackjack tables late at night. If you could learn to count cards. He once told me to get off the poker tables at 2am because I was up big and that he's my boss so I had to listen.

Maybe delivering pizzas?

I've worked two jobs before and got burned out pretty quickly. Just remember Christmas is approaching and you may be working significantly more hours.

Delivering Pizzas is great! I know it's like the stereotypical "bad job" but I had a friend whom made enough to go live on his own, off pizza delivery wages. He was by no means struggling. And if you drive a hybrid by any chance, all that tip money is profit. I've considered it a few times since I drive electric.

It's a pretty low commitment job so it's perfect for just building up some fast cash. I used to work both at a grocery store AND Target. This was difficult though because the grocery store refused to work around any availability restrictions outside of high school classes. They wouldn't even work around college classes. Pretty fucked up. Grocery stores (at least here) are usually union jobs, and aren't as low commitment as say working for Dominoes.

Definitely don't want more retail. Thought about über but my cars don't qualify. Pizza delivery is smart! I thought about a bouncer too but they get the short end compared to the bar tender..

I thought ETLs had to be available 24/7. If an store emergency ever happened, an ETL would have to drop their family and friends and run to the store.:eek::oops::eek::oops::eek::oops:

As an etl, you have a pretty signifigant no compete clause which prevents you from working at most other retail outlets.

^^

I thought ETLs had to be available 24/7. If an store emergency ever happened, an ETL would have to drop their family and friends and run to the store.:eek::oops::eek::oops::eek::oops:

If you were to find additional work, it would have to be something that required essentially no time commitment, as you are on the clock 24/7 and expected to report to work duties no matter what time of day or night any day of the year. You could essentially take a gamble with a part time job outside of work, but were you contacted to report to your store and you had to refuse due to another job, your career could see a quick ceiling.

Anyone know of ETLS holding a second job? If so what is it? Any suggestions for a nice and manageable part time night job? I have a lot of student loan left and want to knock it out quickly...

Not sure what your educational background is, but I teach at a Local College where I am..... I teach 1 course in a classroom and 4 courses on-line. Student Loans = GoodBye!

As an etl, you have a pretty signifigant no compete clause which prevents you from working at most other retail outlets.
Not true... Were able to work anywhere we want, we just can't work in management.... If I wanted to be a stocker at Walmart, there nothing telling me I cannot...... Its highly discouraged but, nothing saying I can't.

Not true... Were able to work anywhere we want, we just can't work in management.... If I wanted to be a stocker at Walmart, there nothing telling me I cannot...... Its highly discouraged but, nothing saying I can't.

You should reread your employment paperwork then. As a senior team lead it clearly stated I could not work at any direct competitors, including grocery stores or pharmacies. Unless this has changed recently.

Edit: it hasnt. Business conduct guide, page 21.

Last edited:
https://corporate.target.com/_media/TargetCorp/csr/pdf/bcg-enDec2014Update.pdf
Avoiding conflicts of interest means you’re responsible for ensuring that you don’t make business decisions based on how they might benefit you. At Target, we not only avoid conflicts of interest, we avoid engaging in activities that could create even the appearance of a conflict of interest. For example, we avoid activities that could suggest that a vendor has somehow improperly influenced Target team members in order to receive favorable treatment. It could be a conflict of interest for you to:
• Have a substantial financial interest in any company that does business with Target, wants to do business with Target or competes with Target.
• Perform any services (e.g., consulting or serving on the board of directors) for any company that does business with Target, wants to do business with Target or competes with Target.
• Represent Target in a transaction with any company in which you or a member of your family have an interest.
• Compete with Target in the sale or purchase of property.
• Solicit, accept or be reimbursed for any personal gifts, favors, travel, housing, services, excessive meals or entertainment, or anything else of value from any company that does business with Target, wants to do business with Target or competes with Target. (There are some exceptions; for instance, you can accept a vendor’s invitation to a meal if the purpose is business-related and the cost is reasonable.)
• Participate with a vendor in any activity that could result in personal gain.
• Take merchandise samples for non-business use.
• Misuse your position to make any purchases for personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back