MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
After back tracking through the great Plano thread the other day to find something needed I thought it would be cool to have one thread dedicated to the nifty things we signing folk do to make our lives easier.

I guess it's that our jobs don't exactly fit in the book the same way as the others and there is only one of us to each store but we are in kind of a bubble.

From Formina Sage's very cool trick of using the email calendar to go off when the focal signs need to be flipped in softlines or The Mules truly awesome tub signing cart, I have stolen many ideas off this board and am proud of it.

So if you have any cool stuff to share, warnings about new signing (and ways you've gotten around it), please share.

Yeah I was wondering when we'd end up making our own thread, seeing as we've basically overtaken the Plano thread ;)

Hung my A&A CSE graphics today... those signs are definitely made cheaper than the previous batch. No way to eliminate the white lines running down the length of the sections for some parts, because the front facing graphic part of the sign was cut so that it wouldn't meet flush with its other side! It's especially noticeable on my swimwear focal.

And the low rail graphics got cheaper as well...the cardboard flip out reinforcements got smaller so the signs tend to bow out more at the folds.

Sigh...

I was also thinking of starting this thread but you beat me to it.

Finished all the perimeter CSE focal signs yesterday, the A&A focal graphics today, and will do all the inline low graphics tomorrow. The white lines are impossible to get rid of. I might go back and tape the back of the signs together to see if it helps.

We are halfway through sporting goods, not much new signing. The big triangular signs come down from the camping aisles.

Was going to work on CSE this morning but had to take care of 3 pallets of displays, signing and fixtures that came in for the Lawn and Patio / Furniture sets. Yae.

I also did CSE today, have same problem with the seams. Try pushing the sign deeper into the pocket rather than butting up the seam when they are not matching. You can't tell if the edges are overlapped a little from the floor and you don't see white lines.

Hey so someone (yeah ok fine it was me) accidentally threw away a jewelry sign that I thought we wouldn't need because we're a jewelry-boatless store. Anyway it turns out we need it, would anybody be able to grab a part number for me? The sign in question is three feet tall by 1.5 feet or something like that. It goes right behind the little mannequin figure, replacing a plain snowflake one.

Thanks!

did anyone else notice buckling with the new plastic supports for the CSE? since before the hooks could slide with the holes it prevented this - however now, if the holes aren't punched perfectly they signs can bow in or out a bit?

Didn't have any problems with the seams or buckling. Guess I got lucky.

Funny thing, one of my old set of CSE graphics for some reason or other still had the set length hooks, & guess what? The graphics went up perfectly! Can't figure out why they want us to use the adjustable hooks!

Question. Do you all do the bi monthly sl adjacency sign audit? I don't, but was wondering if I should be.

Didn't have any problems with the seams or buckling. Guess I got lucky.

Funny thing, one of my old set of CSE graphics for some reason or other still had the set length hooks, & guess what? The graphics went up perfectly! Can't figure out why they want us to use the adjustable hooks!

Question. Do you all do the bi monthly sl adjacency sign audit? I don't, but was wondering if I should be.

I delegate this to my softlines brand TM - she's happy to do it. I'm happy to let her do it!

is that for the racktop signs? whomever does the adjacency should do it - there's not point in doing it twice

I put up the softline signs that come in the box for the adjacency, but I do not audit them. Either the team lead or brand team member does it.

I have 6 grey boxes that are marked RTW, Mens, BG/BB, Infants, Shoes, Intimates. When the racktop/table signs come in, I add it to their boxes. When they do an adjacency, they take their box with them on the floor. Don't you just wish we could scan each sl sign to see if its been deleted? It would save so much time!

Can u tell me.... how many people from signing are doing overnight Saturday/Sunday for the new ad? I heard, the right practice is 4, one is putting signs, one is scanning it. At my store there is only two of us, and as they are cutting hours, we are struggling to finish by 6am.

and one more... are signing TMs in N07 or N09 paygrade?

Signing TM are PG N09

Ad set is not part of being a Signing TM however. At your store they might have the Signing TM as part of the rotation, but that's really a salesfloor process.

At my ULV store there are ~4-5 people that come in at 6am Sundays to do ad set, on rotating schedules. We are lucky to get done by 10am with endcap audits included.

I'm from crazy target.

Wait... they come at 6am? but signs need to be take down in the gun by 12am, and setup by 8am on Sunday.

Saturday closing team starts taking down an hour before close.

ULV processes don't start until 6am so it makes it interesting for everything. When we went from a 4am to a 6am store they only added 1 person to help try and get it done. There's not enough hours to bring in people to get it done by 8.

Did everyone enjoy the 40-some boxes of backer paper we received this week? I think 15 boxes of Lawn and garden backer paper seems a bit extreme...

Did everyone enjoy the 40-some boxes of backer paper we received this week? I think 15 boxes of Lawn and garden backer paper seems a bit extreme...

Yea, they have pretty much filled what little empty space I have left in the fixture room since the guys aren't letting use anything in the steel what with all the staged stuff they've got.

Hey, does anyone know what's up with the new iTunes ISM header? It doesn't fit in the regular header slot (it's too short!), we ended up taping it to another full size header to make it look fuller.

Luckily our store was an early garden set, so we don't have that much garden backerpaper now. We only got about three boxes to replace the three aisles of bullseye bodega.

Hey, does anyone know what's up with the new iTunes ISM header? It doesn't fit in the regular header slot (it's too short!), we ended up taping it to another full size header to make it look fuller.
It has been like that for a while. Ever since we did the big reset of entertainment they have been shipping shorter itunes headers. I just tape it so it stays up.

Back