MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I wish I could find that in writing. Lately, I'm only getting 3/4 of the adjacency hours for signing. I'm actually running from task to task AND setting a plano here and there because I love the new PPTL and I hate seeing her stressed.

I'm really getting too old for this job!!

Corporate only allocates 30 hours for signing each week regardless of the workload, so whether it is 12 hours or 60 hours they only give 30.

You can see it in writing by going into Adjacency Calendar and hitting the blue "i" info button. It will give a breakdown of what all of the different numbers mean.

Yes the New Fixture/New Signing area. TLs make a bigger mess since there is no order there. Also he only has one section do to the fact that the bike builder has the other section,and dealing with breakout carts lined up blocking it completely at times does not help. Our back room is very cramped when flow cant complete their process.
I have a system that works for me. I'm sure everyone does it differently. First off, the New Fixture/Signing area is JUST that, NEW Signing and Fixtures, nothing else. When the signing pallet comes in, I have them store it in the steel or in the alcove until Wednesday. We don't have a truck on that day, plus it gives me a couple days to empty the nfsa. On Wednesday, I take EVERYthing left from the current week out of the nfsa and put it in the fixture room and put fixtures on a tub clearly marked and signing propped up on my signing side, clearly marked. I sort the supply pallet into 4 piles. Signing, Fixtures, Ordered Supplies, and SPL/New Release/Monthly softlines. I put the ordered supplies on my signing cart to put up or put away that day, SPL is broken open and sorted into 4 standing boxes I have made. A/B, C/D, E/F and G/N. Monthly sl is broken open and sorted into their individual gray bins. New release is taken to the salesfloor and slid behind the current signs ready for Tune in Tuesday.
Then I sort signing by size and date and if its a big week, puzzle piece it into the nfsa. I do the same for fixtures. Name and dates are written on the boxes.

Backer paper is sorted by department and date, put up on top.

I never allow any storage in that area. No one other than myself or plano has any business touching anything in that area. My goal every week is that EVERYTHING for current week has to be completed by Thursday so I can have Friday for ordering, cleaning fixture room and repairing signing on the salesfloor.

Anybody else having their diaper signing falling down?
Once again the damned sticky hooks aren't holding and three of them have come off the wall.
I'm using bear claws now and those always work but talk about doubling up on my work.

Put up the new plate displays, they look really nice.
Much nicer then the old style that's for sure.

I don't get a section in the steel.
It's a back corner of the fixture room for me and when I can clear the space the floor.
I keep the dates and dept divided out as best as I can (sometime size precludes that) and try to keep fixtures needed for a set together as well.

Once again the damned sticky hooks aren't holding and three of them have come off the wall.
I'm using bear claws now and those always work but talk about doubling up on my work.

It's a back corner of the fixture room for me and when I can clear the space the floor.
I keep the dates and dept divided out as best as I can (sometime size precludes that) and try to keep fixtures needed for a set together as well.

At my store, there are 4 diaper signs down.

those signs came down the very next day the last time they set. the small clips have been notoriously useless my entire time in signing so i spent some time over the years just stocking up on the lobster claw clips and now i just use them for absolutely everything if i have enough (scrimping use two lobster clips in the top corners and the crappy ones for the middle and bottom corners) unless it is something that changes out really frequently (Mens, or BB/BG C9 endwalls come to mind).

but yeah, diaper signs are all up and accounted for currently at my store - knock on wood.

>Yep, diaper signs are falling. I've replaced almost all of them with finger clips. You think they would have kicked that supplier to the curb by now.
>Yeah for throwing those old plate fixtures away!!

>You know its Best Practice that you have steel space. I print it up every time they suggest that they want my space.....

Yay for P09 stores where endwalls hang by hooks :)

Anybody else have issues setting up the razor display?
Like that they made the bases of the razor displays too thick to fit in the metal holder along the back and the holes didn't line up?
So a job that should have taken maybe 20 minutes at the max ate up a good portion of the morning?
And of course the sign holder that had to fit in under all of that which only had one strip that was right?

Like that they made the bases of the razor displays too thick to fit in the metal holder along the back and the holes didn't line up?
So a job that should have taken maybe 20 minutes at the max ate up a good portion of the morning?
And of course the sign holder that had to fit in under all of that which only had one strip that was right?

I had the first problem initially, but I went and grabbed a different metal perfect placement bar and they fit fine. Of course, it was set with 18" shelves instead of 14", so the fronts of the displays didn't actually get viking clipped down. Win some, lose some...

No problem with the razors, but then I used old perfect placement strip and not the new one that was sent.

Heard from our sister store that the Easter Mini Seasonal overhead has problems. I haven't opened mine yet(setting tomorrow) She said the strips that form the egg do not stay on the nipples provided. She said to ignore the so called "fix" sent(tape) and go ahead and punch a hole between the nipples and put a viking screw through to hold it.

Former Backroom TM and now the new Signing TM here. I haven't posted much but thought I would post about this.

I Hung the Color Changes Everything Canopy today. It does take the 3-4 hours as stated on the directions. I was able to do mine in a little over 3. I would recommend putting what you can together on the ground all at one time, as this eats up most of your time. No problems other than make sure you defiantly tape the center supports together as you go, other wise you could end up with all of your color panels on the ground. It is pretty cool looking and I found my self staring at it after it was finished.

No problem with the razors, but then I used old perfect placement strip and not the new one that was sent.

Heard from our sister store that the Easter Mini Seasonal overhead has problems. I haven't opened mine yet(setting tomorrow) She said the strips that form the egg do not stay on the nipples provided. She said to ignore the so called "fix" sent(tape) and go ahead and punch a hole between the nipples and put a viking screw through to hold it.

They didn't fit any of my old ones either.
Thanks for the heads up on the Easter overhead.
I saw the message board and just knew that it was going to be a cluster.
Those 'fixes' never work very well.

I'm at the store right now. Was going to do my fos overhead until I discovered I didn't have the box with the colored pieces in it! Can't find it anywhere! MySupport says it was on my stores packing list, but I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find it if that were true! Sooooo now I have to order all those panels individually, through tipp?! Ugh wtf. AND my cutoff day was yesterday so now I won't get them till 2 Mondays from now.
/disgusted

Though I guess I should have checked all my deliveries. I didn't have a reason to think the signing was split between two boxes.

Put the color overhead up today. Took about 1.5 hours but I did build some of it last week. Looks good. Only broke one hanging clip from the weight when the panels are free hanging straight down.

When I built the Easter signing last week I knew there would be some sort of fix because the panels for the eggs were falling out on some of them. I also used viking clips to keep the panels from falling out.

Our displays were put on 18 inch shelves so I just used viking clips and clipped them into the bullnose on the front of the shelf as directed. Didn't attach them into the back.

have any of you guys put the grass 4 ft signing on the step downs in mini seasonal? they cover the fencing up and are clipped together through to the back. pretty cute, but when someone reaches over the fencing to grab a bag of candy, the clips are sharp. any recommendations on something else to clip them with?

have any of you guys put the grass 4 ft signing on the step downs in mini seasonal? they cover the fencing up and are clipped together through to the back. pretty cute, but when someone reaches over the fencing to grab a bag of candy, the clips are sharp. any recommendations on something else to clip them with?

Nice safety catch there. I don't have an answer, but on that note, they didn't send me enough grass panels! I only have 4 and I need twice that.

Put the color overhead up today. Took about 1.5 hours but I did build some of it last week. Looks good. Only broke one hanging clip from the weight when the panels are free hanging straight down.

Wish I was that lucky I went through eleven skyhooks (my name for them) setting it up today. Couldn't really tell you how long the project really took because I seemed to get interrupted every fifteen minutes for something. and was finally stuck doing it around the guests.

From box to baler, the color signing took just over 3 hours. Beautiful! I do recommend checking off each step and trying to put each hook in the exact spot it shows on the diagram. I did use all new hooks since I was worried that it might break. (knock on wood, so far so good) If you don't have a 14" ceiling as shown in the instructions (Greatlands), I feel for you!

Easter eggs weren't that bad. Taking my time, it took about 2 hours. By the 3rd or 4th egg, I could have probably hung them without the tape or viking clip. Trick was Not to bend the ends of the straps, but bend the plastic circle down to the strap. I went ahead and punched holes & put viking down in them just to be sure it wouldn't pop.

Total time to set all of Easter and Spring took me the entire 8 hours.

Over all, this was a fun set!

I'm at the store right now. Was going to do my fos overhead until I discovered I didn't have the box with the colored pieces in it! Can't find it anywhere! MySupport says it was on my stores packing list, but I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find it if that were true! Sooooo now I have to order all those panels individually, through tipp?! Ugh wtf. AND my cutoff day was yesterday so now I won't get them till 2 Mondays from now.
/disgusted

Though I guess I should have checked all my deliveries. I didn't have a reason to think the signing was split between two boxes.

The color pieces were in in a rather small (3'x12"x12") but extremely heavy box. Hope you find it sooner as there are soooo many different part numbers!!!!!

It does take the 3-4 hours as stated on the directions.

I just completed mine this morning. It took me about 2 and a half hours to get it up and set. I was very impressed with myself. :yahoo:

I find it takes less time if you look up the instructions on TIPP and read through it before you set. Makes me feel like I've done it before.

it took our signing guy 3 hours, but i have to give him props because our wave is broken :excited:

and i haven't had a chance to check out the rest (that took him this morning, and we're gonna finish up tomorrow am... hopefully everything will be working then), but what does the giant splayed paint samples up front have to do with the rest of the store? they do match the ugly towels we just set though :D

I guess it's the theme for this year. Color.

I'm quite excited to start putting up my Lawn & Patio signing. The lanterns and trees look like they will be fun!

Back