MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I guess it's the theme for this year. Color.

I'm quite excited to start putting up my Lawn & Patio signing. The lanterns and trees look like they will be fun!

From an early-set L&P store, be careful with the trees. I would make sure that you have it aligned exactly where the base of the tree lines up with your patio stack flat BEFORE you put the tree arms on.

It is a pain to try and move the base plus the arms, and I would not recommend it. One was hard enough, all four was impossible.

Also, the paper lanterns are fragile. The wire went right through one of them when it slipped, but luckily I had extras with my set.

Last edited:
I just completed mine this morning. It took me about 2 and a half hours to get it up and set. I was very impressed with myself. :yahoo:

I find it takes less time if you look up the instructions on TIPP and read through it before you set. Makes me feel like I've done it before.

Good Job!

Got a question for ya.

On the checklanes, I have the magnetic 5% fin on one side and the magnetic Low Price Promise fin on the other. I'm trying to order all new Low Price Promise fins.

Is this what you all have on yours?

I've been waiting for these to arrive for months....so I am starting to doubt whether this is what I am still supposed to have up there....

Got a question for ya.

On the checklanes, I have the magnetic 5% fin on one side and the magnetic Low Price Promise fin on the other. I'm trying to order all new Low Price Promise fins.

I've been waiting for these to arrive for months....so I am starting to doubt whether this is what I am still supposed to have up there....

I alternate them. Some have LPP, some have 5%.

Oh good. I start to doubt myself........

I guess I'll just have to keep taping the old ones together for awhile longer until the darn things finally arrive.

I've got all 5% magnetic fins from when they started doing the free shipping, they replaced all of the other signs.

So, your saying I shouldn't have the Low Price Promise fins up on the left side?

I think it's still brand, since the service desk still has a LPP register sign along with the new free shipping/5% sign.

You say your lpp fins are magnetic? Can I get a part number? Mine were all xmas-clipped into the checklane endcaps and were in terrible condition so I just took them down when I set the 5% magnetic fins.

Got a question for ya.

We have the LPP fin on the left side and the new 5% with free shipping on the right side.

I've got all 5% magnetic fins from when they started doing the free shipping, they replaced all of the other signs.

this is what I have. the magnetic LPP went away when they combines LPP and the first set of 5% signing (it was an xmas tree style sign). Most people disregarded this and just kept the magnetic LPP. i switched to the 5% when it came because we had a big visit about it. currently mine has only the new 5% shipping LPP ones. I even ordered more after the set to get them on all the xlanes both sided save for where the magazine racks are.

I really liked the color changes everything signing set. it looks neat from the side also. box to baler it was a little under 3.5hrs. to the person looking for your color box - it is skinny and thick - won't look like most other signing boxes (ie huge and flat) if that helps.

did everyone else receive their easter CSE? we didn't get ours - i will have to audit that packslip. also - got my godiva endcap box that had the shefltalker and the blocker boxes but no bunny header?

i like the egg overheads - i noticed right away it was a page out of the xmas overheads from two years ago with the marcel wanders ornament balls. i was wondering why this needed a fix since those held up pretty well at my store but i guess since it is egg-shaped and not completely round there isn't as much tension to hold it into place.

patio - my store is having some planning issue so - since i went by the plan we were provided i ended up setting the trees a full two days before the flat was set. the only issue i had with mine was that the branch overheads - if set to the map (so that the tree bases are on the edge of the racetrack) the branches will block all the signs in Mini Seasonal from the way our rear and mini line up. so - i set the trees back so there wasn't any interference but i think that is an issue specific to our store. i didn't have a problem with my lanterns - even after poking the sides with the metal part a few times mine came out hole-free. except one didn't come with an inside metal piece so there's one football shaped one in my set but i think it looks alright tho.

ps - there was a fix kit that came DTS the other day for a couple signs (pillow bins for one) but they also sent stickers with the barcodes for the dinnerware set on the tables. where do these go? the DPCIs on the table talker are correct and so are the ones on the back of the flat map. what are these for? is the barcode wrong somewhere? there was no clarification for these included.

i noticed right away it was a page out of the xmas overheads from two years ago with the marcel wanders ornament balls.

I just put those up this morning and said the same exact thing to myself. I found if you don't actually bend the tip into the plastic holder they hold just fine. If you bend them to much the colored cardboard just pops out of the holder. I only had to tape the one egg. The rest are sitting pretty. :)

there was a fix kit that came DTS the other day for a couple signs (pillow bins for one) but they also sent stickers with the barcodes for the dinnerware set on the tables. where do these go? the DPCIs on the table talker are correct and so are the ones on the back of the flat map. what are these for? is the barcode wrong somewhere? there was no clarification for these included.

There was a laundry list of things that aren't right with all the signing. It's the DPCI's that aren't correct. Check your message board. I read about it today.

to the person looking for your color box - it is skinny and thick - won't look like most other signing boxes (ie huge and flat) if that helps.

did everyone else receive their easter CSE? we didn't get ours - i will have to audit that packslip. also - got my godiva endcap box that had the shefltalker and the blocker boxes but no bunny header?

It's no use, I went ahead and ordered it through TIPP.

And in our store, Godiva set inline so there was no header. The instruction sheet showed a header, but the packlist didn't show one being included.

this is what I have. the magnetic LPP went away when they combines LPP and the first set of 5% signing (it was an xmas tree style sign). Most people disregarded this and just kept the magnetic LPP. i switched to the 5% when it came because we had a big visit about it. currently mine has only the new 5% shipping LPP ones. I even ordered more after the set to get them on all the xlanes both sided save for where the magazine racks are.

So you have the same fin on the left and the right?

Thank you Commie. I'll have to look that up today! Confusion might have been that they only sent enough fins to set on one side...but its been so long and a remodel was in there somewhere, I just don't remember.

Thank you Commie. I'll have to look that up today! Confusion might have been that they only sent enough fins to set on one side...but its been so long and a remodel was in there somewhere, I just don't remember.

yes, i have the same fins on both sides. we did not get enough to do both sides but what i did was (we are a staggered xlane store, two rows) put two on all of the front (racetrack) and fewer on the back (door side) lanes. i also skipped the candy and other non-regular endcaps. but i then went and ordered enough to put two on every lane and thats how i have them now.

I just put those up this morning and said the same exact thing to myself. I found if you don't actually bend the tip into the plastic holder they hold just fine. If you bend them to much the colored cardboard just pops out of the holder. I only had to tape the one egg. The rest are sitting pretty. :)

There was a laundry list of things that aren't right with all the signing. It's the DPCI's that aren't correct. Check your message board. I read about it today.

i found the same thing with the eggs. i only taped a few of them. ill check that board next time i'm in. was it on one by itself or in the early set notes?

Anyone see the monthly workload for March? Only two things to do in infants. No takedown for the month which is good because it means the FOS signing will stay up at least till April.

Anyone see the monthly workload for March? Only two things to do in infants. No takedown for the month which is good because it means the FOS signing will stay up at least till April.

Time for a vacation!! I don't know about you guys, but I usually plan vacations around slow times.

Anyone set the new draperies? We will set that Monday. How long would it take 1 person to set the entire planogram including displays? Wondering if I should volunteer or take that week to spring clean the fixture room.....

Got the Official answer on the checklane fins.

#4316594 on the belt side, 1123395 on the other side. 1123395 is currently backordered....

Draperies took 3 hours to hang. Hardest part was separating the displays to the correct section. They came rubber banded together, but not in order.

Only received 6 drapery rods, needed 7, but they are not available to reorder on TIPP. Longest part of the 3 hours was forcing the drapes on a substitute bar I found so I could get the section on the thermal drapes plano done.

Back